This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

confusedks Enthusiast

Carla,

A BIG MAC??!!!! Oh my! :D:o

Julie and Jin,

Thanks for the well wishes!!

Kassandra

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Yeah, but oddly enough, I'm looking forward to having my kitchen back. :)

I'm only eating about 50% well .... it should be closer to 90%! I did eat healthy the rest of the day!

mftnchn Explorer

Thanks, everyone for the best wishes about my pie today---just to clarify--its one pie. I'm going to mix apple and blueberry. I've done that before with cherry and it is wonderful. I just like a thicker, fuller filling.

Wow, I am really impressed Carla with the improvement after the humaworm. That's definitely on my list to do--especially because I have lived in areas where it hard to avoid contamination. Does this work with amoeba and stuff like that? Sorry you are feeling bad on the Tindamax. I took that last winter for two weeks as part of the treatment for h pylori. I don't remember feeling much change--but I was already feeling horrible (I think it was bismuth which I was taking as well). The metronadazole that I take two days a week is a similar medicine. It does make me feel bad but not every time.

Morgan, hi! I forgot to greet you! It's nice to hear from you.

Rachel, congrats on the progress. I am reading what you are doing with interest, as I need to see what might be done when I get to the USA.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sherry, amoeba was one of the parasites mentioned on the Humaworm website.

I think that if I were already feeling horrible, the Tini wouldn't be making me feel worse ... if that makes sense. It's because I feel good that it makes me feel bad, LOL.

mftnchn Explorer

Julie, I am not sure yet what will happen with my enzymes. I go here to the local hospital, where they have a place for "physicals." Its kind of cool, I just walk in and tell them I want such and such a lab test. My liver enzymes were just over $2. I get the results the same afternoon. (Thyroid the next day)

Then I have to scan and send to my doc. I picked these results up last week on the way out of town, then couldn't get online all week. So I will send them on today, and then it is possible my doc won't even be in this week.

So, I will send the results along with my own tentative plan and ask them to let me know if I should do something different.

My plan: I think the elevation could be due to there being something bad in the Chinese ascorbic acid I was taking, so it might go down on its own. I've just been off that since the end of Oct. I have had one week with 3 days off meds, one week with 2 days off meds, and this week will have another 3 days off meds. If I don't have bad symptoms this week, I'll stay on the 3 days off 4 days on. Then I will test again in 3 weeks and see what is happening. Oh, also, I had some left-over lipoic acid. So I have added that in along with the milk thistle--as both help protect the liver.

The ascorbic acid had really depressed my intestinal motility--almost down to zero elimination. Now things are better--volume small and loose still, mostly. So I am thinking that with not being able to eliminate my liver got overwhelmed. Here's hoping it improves and I don't have to stop abx. My doc says it is the lamisil and metronadazole doing it.

dlp252 Apprentice

Hello everyone! Had another BioSET appointment yesterday...we did contactants and household allergens. Once again I had a full glass, lol. Not much to report about all that though.

I had a 1 hour massage after that and had a new girl. She was GOOD! She really spent a lot of time on my neck and shoulders...a lot of time. Everyone else just says, "wow, your neck is really tight", and they work on it, but this girl really worked on it. I came home and took a really long epsom salt and baking soda bath.

Rachel - Thanks for the update and the info. Can I just say :o on the info you posted!! Wow! No wonder my lymphocytes were so low on my physical last year. It will be interesting to see if that comes up and maybe if my C.D57 score comes up too.

Kassandra - I take melatonin and 5-HTP for my insomnia. Since I had my neurotransmitters tested, and know exactly what's out of kilter, I'm taking more melatonin. I also do take magnesium in the evening. Since I've been doing the supplement treatment for the neurotransmitters I've been sleeping a bit better. The melatonin/5-HTP combo seemed to help the most before though.

Nancy - hello and welcome!

Well, I am never going to be able to look at rice the same way again, now! :lol: I am suprised that you broke down and ordered the Humaworm! This is interesting. Who would have thought? The next thing you know, you will be doing e-coffee! It is like Rachel and pink!

Glad to have helped out with THAT picture, lol. Um, nope I don't think you'll be seeing e-coffee in this household anytime soon. :P e-coffee pink, pink e-coffee...just doesn't have the same umpf to it. :lol:

I have always been a well-done sort of girl! I never would eat meat that is pink inside. I am much too afraid of E. Coli, Salmonella, and other scary things. :unsure: You guys live on the edge! My uncle likes his steaks practically raw, but my father is preferred medium rare at least.

You'll be happy to know that I had my steak barely noticably pink yesterday, lol.

Donna, my lyme results aren't Igenex, they were from Bowen, so won't be the same. I can try to find the last one if you want.

It would be interesting to see the bands they test for, but yeah, won't be the same I think.

YUCK :huh::mellow::ph34r::o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan, I was wondering if you want me to buy you some, too.

:lol: this just all struck me funny, lol.

I will keep everyone updated about the GI appt. and the IV's. Hope everyone has had a great weekend!! :)

Have a great appointment! Can't wait to hear about it!

Thanks! I was feelng the best I felt for years until I had to take the Tindamax .... now I feel like garbage again. I take it for a week, then I'm off it for a couple weeks. I know it's a part of what I have to do, but I don't have to like it. :D

Yeah, I'm almost certain I have some sort of parasite. My bowels are always really noisy, and it's especially appearant when I get my massages...as soon as I lay flat on my back the noise really gets loud. Doesn't matter if I'm hungry or not. And, that's another thing...you mentioned that you're eating normal for your size...see, I'm hoping that will happen for me too.

I can eat a huge steak and tons of veggies and still feel hungry! I am hungry all the time! My friends joke about my eating...I'm about 12 pounds overweight right now (thanks to those stupid cookies in August and my vacation), but before the cookies, I could eat a ton of food (not sweets, that'll make me gain) and not gain. I've never been underweight like some of you though.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Okay, I haven't actually counted calories, but today I ate less than I used to. I know my smoothies are about 250 calories, and I have two of them. The latte is another 240 calories, so that's 740 calories.

Plus, I had two eggs, two pieces of toast (with lots of butter), hash browns, and three slices of bacon for brunch (650 cal.) .... a Big Mac (540 cal.) and fries (380 cal.) for dinner.

I am pretty sure that's a lot of calories for someone who only weighs 125 pounds .... but it's MUCH closer to normal that I've eaten in a LONG time! LOL Just the fact that I have not been hungry after a meal is improvement.

Edit, Okay, so I have nothing better to do and looked up the calories .... so that's 2300 if I added correctly. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I think I'm getting used to the board changes now. :)

I had to take my Tindamax today though .... I take it for 7 days, starting about 2 days before my herx. It's a tough medicine, I feel bad already.

I took Tindamax when I was being treated for C. Diff. It was the first thing prescribed but I didnt feel that it was what I needed since its for parasites. I asked to be switched to Flagyl instead. I later found out that the Tind is used for C Diff as well.

I only took the Tindamax for one day and reacted to it immediately. The pill was pink so I know there were dyes and other things my body hates...so yeah...sometimes pink is not my friend. :P

I will keep everyone updated about the GI appt. and the IV's. Hope everyone has had a great weekend!! :)

Kassandra....good luck with your appt!! :)

Tonight I had a Big Mac!

:o:o:o:o:o

OMG...I AM SO JEALOUS!!! :lol:

Rachel, congrats on the progress. I am reading what you are doing with interest, as I need to see what might be done when I get to the USA.

Sherry, I know you've been chelating for awhile. Is it IV DMPS that you're doing? How is that going?

I had a 1 hour massage after that and had a new girl. She was GOOD!

OK....Now I'm even MORE jealous!! :P

I really need to schedule one of these someday. :)

Glad to have helped out with THAT picture, lol. Um, nope I don't think you'll be seeing e-coffee in this household anytime soon. :P e-coffee pink, pink e-coffee...just doesn't have the same umpf to it. :lol:

Hey Donna....If I can wear pink and LOVE it...*anything* is possible. :D

Yeah, I'm almost certain I have some sort of parasite. My bowels are always really noisy, and it's especially appearant when I get my massages...as soon as I lay flat on my back the noise really gets loud. Doesn't matter if I'm hungry or not. And, that's another thing...you mentioned that you're eating normal for your size...see, I'm hoping that will happen for me too.

I think my parasites must have been with me since birth since I've always had a "racheling" problem. :huh:

So far parasites havent shown up in ART but I'm pretty sure they're there...no doubt. I'm gonna see what Amy thinks about treating them when I see her in a few weeks.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm all confused because I WORKED today....it feels like Monday to me. :huh:

Yup...its that time of year again. <_<

I'll be surrounded by people buying all the TREATS and GOODIES that I cant eat...once again!! 4 more days of hell and then I get to do it again for Xmas...and then again for New Years. :rolleyes:

FOOD IS EVERYWHERE.....and I'm eating beef and peas!! WTH...it just aint right! :angry:

The good news is that I'm working through Thanksgiving and then I'm on vacation!!

I'll be off for 9 days. B)

Then I'm taking another week vacation in December. :D

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, I react almost immediately to the pretty pink pill, too, but they're all Lyme symptoms, so I'm almost certain it's a herx.

I knew you'd be jealous about the Big Mac ... but encouraged at the same time?

At this point, I miss real food!

I agree, Donna is a little too strongly rejecting the ecoffee .... sounds a lot like you and the pink! When someone says "never", it eventually happens. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I think I've pretty much come to the conclusion that oxalates are a HUGE problem. Probably one of the biggest factors (along with mold) in why my diet is so restricted.

I dont think this is gonna improve at all until I can do something about the leaky gut. I dont think I can do much to change any of it until I start getting the mercury burden down so that I can get the gut infections under control...especially the yeast.

But yeah...major problems with oxalates thanks to my leaky gut.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I knew you'd be jealous about the Big Mac ... but encouraged at the same time?

Yeah...definately encouraged. :)

I'm just bummed because I wish I'd been able to start my chelation awhile ago (like last year) so that maybe I'd be eating more normal foods this holiday season.

The holidays is the hardest time for me because theres so much food that I wanna eat!!

OK...I guess theres always so much food that I wanna eat :P ....but its almost like some kind of cruel torture during the holidays. <_<

I want snowball cookies!! :D

confusedks Enthusiast

I just wanted to tell everyone that 2 of my very unsupportive friends decided to go gluten free!! One called me about a month ago and asked what she could eat, etc. and then the other one said her mom did research and thinks she has a gluten intolerance! It is so funny because they were pretty mean to me about my "healthy" gluten free food for quite some time...but now it seems they have come around to the gluten free diet!

Rachel,

I know what you mean with the foods...although I seem to be able to eat more than you can. Well, I actually am back to square one with food...bloating, D or C, etc. The difference is, if I didn't eat what I reacted to...I would only be drinking water all day...lol!

Kassandra

AndreaB Contributor

Morgan, I was wondering if you want me to buy you some, too.

:lol:

Everyone, I can't believe how much better my stomach feels getting rid of these parasites!!! I eat a normal amount for my size rather than enough to feed a large man .... I'm comfortable after eating rather than still hungry .... it's really great! Amazing!

I had to take my Tindamax today though .... I take it for 7 days, starting about 2 days before my herx. It's a tough medicine, I feel bad already. :( It's not fun stirring up the dormant Lyme. I felt about 90% this month during my good days though, that was incredible!

Yay on the food! :D

Boo on the meds. :( I assume that means we'll see more of you at least until Thanksgiving.

Andrea, somehow I don't think all day fits the definition of moderation. :blink:

:lol: I don't think I could ever do that. Mitch did buy me some Enjoy Life chocolate chips though. :D

Hope all goes well tomorrow and that you get to start those IV's extremely soon.

Hello everyone! Had another BioSET appointment yesterday...we did contactants and household allergens. Once again I had a full glass, lol. Not much to report about all that though.

I had a 1 hour massage after that and had a new girl. She was GOOD! She really spent a lot of time on my neck and shoulders...a lot of time. Everyone else just says, "wow, your neck is really tight", and they work on it, but this girl really worked on it. I came home and took a really long epsom salt and baking soda bath.

Have you moved into your spare bedroom yet? Try some meds for you carpet or get it replaced?

You sound like you have pretty good massages most of the time. How nice. :D How'd the bath go? I thought those knocked you out after 10 minutes or so?

Any news on miasms with BioSET?

So far parasites havent shown up in ART but I'm pretty sure they're there...no doubt. I'm gonna see what Amy thinks about treating them when I see her in a few weeks.

Can't wait for your appointment. :D

I'm all confused because I WORKED today....it feels like Monday to me. :huh:

The good news is that I'm working through Thanksgiving and then I'm on vacation!!

I'll be off for 9 days. B)

Then I'm taking another week vacation in December. :D

You worked today! Ick! Good that you'll have 1 1/2 weeks off though. That'll be nice. :D

Sorry about the food and the holidays but we know you'll be eating much more come next holiday season.

I agree, Donna is a little too strongly rejecting the ecoffee .... sounds a lot like you and the pink! When someone says "never", it eventually happens. :)

:o:o:lol:

AndreaB Contributor

I dont think this is gonna improve at all until I can do something about the leaky gut. I dont think I can do much to change any of it until I start getting the mercury burden down so that I can get the gut infections under control...especially the yeast.

I tend to agree with this.

I want snowball cookies!! :D

Ummm, do I know what snowball cookies are? :huh:

I just wanted to tell everyone that 2 of my very unsupportive friends decided to go gluten free!! One called me about a month ago and asked what she could eat, etc. and then the other one said her mom did research and thinks she has a gluten intolerance! It is so funny because they were pretty mean to me about my "healthy" gluten free food for quite some time...but now it seems they have come around to the gluten free diet!

Yay on your friends. It will be nice to have friends that know what you are going through.

You definately need more than just water to survive.

confusedks Enthusiast

Andrea,

LOL! I know, water wouldn't be enough! When I went raw at first my stomach was doing better, but now it's the same as it was before raw, so it's clearly not related to what food I eat...it's any and all foods. :(

Should try to get some sleep since I have to wake up at 6.45!!! :o

Kassandra

morganb Newbie
Okay, I haven't actually counted calories, but today I ate less than I used to. I know my smoothies are about 250 calories, and I have two of them. The latte is another 240 calories, so that's 740 calories.

Plus, I had two eggs, two pieces of toast (with lots of butter), hash browns, and three slices of bacon for brunch (650 cal.) .... a Big Mac (540 cal.) and fries (380 cal.) for dinner.

I am pretty sure that's a lot of calories for someone who only weighs 125 pounds .... but it's MUCH closer to normal that I've eaten in a LONG time! LOL Just the fact that I have not been hungry after a meal is improvement.

Edit, Okay, so I have nothing better to do and looked up the calories .... so that's 2300 if I added correctly. :)

HAHAHA... (sort of jealous).... Ok I most definitely CANNOT eat that amount of food without gaining wait. I absorb my food and eat the amount of a "normal" person... I don't think I have a worm....

mftnchn Explorer
Sherry, I know you've been chelating for awhile. Is it IV DMPS that you're doing? How is that going?

Rachel, I'm doing oral DMPS which is compounded for me. I was doing 1 pill every two weeks, but after talking to my doc in July, starting doing 1 pill on 2 consecutive days, every two weeks. It seems to be going fine. I don't notice symptoms much when I take it.

The only time I have had IV DMPS is for the little orange jug....but I am going to ask my doctor about doing IV while I am home. However, I want to make sure I am excreting.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, I know what you mean .... I still have to pass on the goodies. Alcohol is a hard one for me, too. Not that I drank a lot, I never really did, but I grew up around having a drink before a nice dinner -- at a restaurant, holidays, even just when it's a nice dinner at home.

Boo on the meds. :( I assume that means we'll see more of you at least until Thanksgiving.

:lol: Maybe a iittle. I haven't gotten up yet this morning .... it always takes me some time to get moving .... but I think I feel better today than yesterday, but that could just be because I haven't used all my energy up yet. I'm going to try to go to the gym this morning.

HAHAHA... (sort of jealous).... Ok I most definitely CANNOT eat that amount of food without gaining wait. I absorb my food and eat the amount of a "normal" person... I don't think I have a worm....

Parasites don't really have to do with eating an enormous amount of food ... they CAN .... I think part of the reason I eat so much has to do with a fast metabolism from being sick .... I read an interesting article on that last week ....

Humaworm says that 90% of Americans have parasites! And, if one person in the family has them, they all do .... not necessarily worms, because those come from meat, but the other ones.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm almost certain I have some sort of parasite. My bowels are always really noisy

I didn't make this connection until you said it ... but for the past few days, it has been quieter than it used to! My stomach used to make noise all the time, and I haven't heard it for days!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, I'm doing oral DMPS which is compounded for me. I was doing 1 pill every two weeks, but after talking to my doc in July, starting doing 1 pill on 2 consecutive days, every two weeks. It seems to be going fine. I don't notice symptoms much when I take it.

The only time I have had IV DMPS is for the little orange jug....but I am going to ask my doctor about doing IV while I am home. However, I want to make sure I am excreting.

IV might actually make a difference for you since its much more effective....also bypasses the gut. Of course more effective means more risk if you're not excreting well. Definately need to check into that first. Its also a good idea to start with a low dose rather than the max.

I'm avoiding orals until late in my treatment because of my leaky gut/yeast situation. I'll switch to DMSA later on.

I had thought you'd been on IV all this time.

dlp252 Apprentice

Kassandra - great news on the friends...it really helps to have people support you in whatever way they can.

Ah, but I didn't say NEVER, lol! :lol:;) I just said it's not likely any time soon. :P

Have you moved into your spare bedroom yet? Try some meds for you carpet or get it replaced?

You sound like you have pretty good massages most of the time. How nice. :D How'd the bath go? I thought those knocked you out after 10 minutes or so?

Any news on miasms with BioSET?

Nothing. Done absolutely nothing. :( I am lazy even when it comes to my health. Honestly the thought of cleaning my spare room of all the junk is almost as daunting as thinking about ridding my whole house of it. :(

The bath knocked me out, but at least it wasn't too bad this time. I didn't get shakey, lol. I followed it with a cool shower, so maybe that helped. :unsure:

Nothing on the miasms yet. I reminded Anna and she just said "yeah". :lol: So maybe next time.

AndreaB Contributor

Hope all goes well this morning Kassandra! :)

Green12 Enthusiast
.... I think part of the reason I eat so much has to do with a fast metabolism from being sick .... I read an interesting article on that last week ....

Well that doesn't apply to me, my metabolism has actually slowed down from being sick. And as the years have gone by it's gotten slower and slower....

Humaworm says that 90% of Americans have parasites! And, if one person in the family has them, they all do .... not necessarily worms, because those come from meat, but the other ones.

Also if we have pets in the family/household. One of my drs said get your dog dewormed or it will just keep cycling around.

CarlaB Enthusiast

That's what Humaworm says .... worm all humans and pets at the same time or you'll just keep passing it around.

The article was something someone posted on LN ... it was specifically about bacterial infections .... but as we've learned here, nothing is the same for everyone! In fact, more people with Lyme gain weight than lose.

Archived