This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rachelville 2

Rachel--24

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie, I got reactions from all the WF BH stuff I tried. It was all very yummy though. I had the corn bread, cherry pie, sandwhich bread and the banana bread. OMG was the banana bread good! There is so much in the ingredients to react to though. I think the biggest one for me is cornstarch....I think its enemy # 1...also eggs, baking powder, chocolate, nuts, soy flour, concentrated lemon and grape juice..etc. Lots of stuff for me to react to. :(

The pizza bread, muffins and brownies look so delicious...wish I would have tried them. I had another relevation...need to post it on the OMG thread...sometime today or tomorrow. I'm having a somewhat busy week.

I bought Pamela cookies....they'll probably do me in but I had a moment of weakness at WF last night. I've reacted to all her cookies in the past but they were all the chocolate and nut filled ones. This time I got lemon shortbread. I've never seen the brownies. :huh:

Oh....still Racheling the EnerG bread....about a loaf a day. :o

I'm feeling pretty good. B)

I guess it depends on *what* I'm Racheling....and I seem to be ok with what I'm eating right now. :)

Good luck with the cookies Rachel, I had the chocolate chunk chip ones last week, or the week before, and I didn't feel great, but it wasn't too bad. I like the shortbread ones, I usually, or when I was eating them, got the butter shortbread.

The WFBH brownies and chocolate chip cookies, and the ginger cookies, are to die for!!! Very good, and like fresh baked, soft, chewy. I also tried the pecan pie, banana bread, and lemon poppy bread, I agree all good- but I wish they didn't use soy flour dang it, and some of the other problem ingredients you mentioned.

The Pamela's Brownies is a mix. Super easy to make, just mix in oil and water and eggs. I love them because they are so gooey and yummy and chocolate-y :lol: I can get away with eating them once in a while, but not too often.

Look forward to your scientificness in the omg thread :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2kids4me Contributor

yum, I am making Pamela's brownies today - might let the kids have some too! :lol:

Need the choc cause I sense the dreaded PMS is around the corner, must stock up on choc now - maybe as preventative measure? :D

CarlaB Enthusiast

I love those brownies, too. I make them with coconut oil! Yum! Someone on another thread mentioned using marshmallow fluff for frosting!!! I can't wait to try them ... wish Morgan were here, she loves to bake!

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie,

So far so good with the raw cheese. It may be something you would be able to add to your diet on occassion.

Good Andrea, I am glad you are tolerating the raw cheese well :) I am on a roll going without dairy, I hate to get it started again, even with the raw- cause then I don't know if I could stop, I love cheese so much.

I love those brownies, too. I make them with coconut oil! Yum! Someone on another thread mentioned using marshmallow fluff for frosting!!! I can't wait to try them ... wish Morgan were here, she loves to bake!

Oooh , that sounds good.

That marshmallow fluff I think would KILL me though :lol:

Yeah, Morgan, where are you?? Don't leave us hanging, wondering about your first day away at school.

I remember when I went away, exciting and scary all at the same time. I hope you are getting all settled in and having fun :)

Need the choc cause I sense the dreaded PMS is around the corner, must stock up on choc now - maybe as preventative measure? :D

:lol:

Enjoy them, they will get the job done, so chocolate-y...

Look what we started, now I am craving the dang brownies!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yea, she hasn't been on my space or answered her phone either. She must be having a blast ... there were a lot of hotties around there yesterday ... she's probably busy with people "in person"!!!

swittenauer Enthusiast

The Dave,

Thanks for the explanation of racing. I just attached the link because I didn't know where to begin to try & explain it all to someone.

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!

OMG was the banana bread good! There is so much in the ingredients to react to though. I think the biggest one for me is cornstarch....I think its enemy # 1...also eggs, baking powder, chocolate, nuts, soy flour, concentrated lemon and grape juice..etc. Lots of stuff for me to react to. :(

Excuse me Madame President. What CAN you have? I have a super easy fool-proof Banana bread recipe. It's fool-proof because every time I make it it turns out great.

I don't want to post a recipe you can't try.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
Excuse me Madame President. What CAN you have? I have a super easy fool-proof Banana bread recipe. It's fool-proof because every time I make it it turns out great.

I don't want to post a recipe you can't try.

Linda,

I wouldn't mind the recipe. :D I can't do soy but that is easily fixed. :)

morganb Newbie

Why would you do that! hehe, good luck!

bc I felt guilty about all the sugar I had eaten the past few days :ph34r:

Hello everybody--

Congratulations, Jessica! You have one of the most important jobs in the world.

How's the sugarless life, Morgan?

Adorable picture, Andrea!

Have you started school, Molly?

Leah

Well I did pretty good for one day Now I should try two days

Is there such a thing as brain fog for no reason?

Last night I got the kids their dinner and had mine in the oven, with the oven off, so it would keep warm. Since we ran errands yesterday, Seth didn't get his full afternoon nap because he fell asleep about 20 minutes from home. Fed him his dinner and then fed him again an hour later to get him to bed (an hour ealier than normal). Got all the kids in bed and came back out to the computer. About 9:30 I started thinking "I'm hungry" so I grabbed a Lara bar. Mitch got home around 10 or so. About 10:30 I told him I was hungry and didn't know why since I had had dinner about 4 hours before.

I went to bed around 12 and was laying there doing my mental check....oven/stove off......did I even eat dinner. I don't remember getting the spaghetti out of the oven. I got out of bed and went to the oven and there was my plate of spaghetti. NO WONDER I WAS SO HUNGRY! I grabbed a snack and will have the spaghetti (crunchy as it may be) in a little bit. :unsure: I still haven't eaten today.

Just thought I'd rely an amusing story. Now you all know why I appreciate that my wonderful hubby makes sure I get food on the weekend.

:lol::lol::lol: We used to do that before we moved....but with our aga, the food was still eatable....unless it was in there for more than one day or was in one of the hotter ovens :blink:

Awww.....you must be missing her already.

She was only going off sugar for one day?? :unsure:

For some reason I thought it was gonna be longer than that.

Are you kidding!!!! I can't handle more than one day of this...I have to ease myself into it :)

No, she just wanted to do it for one day. I think she just felt bad for all the sugar she ate in North Carolina and the meringues she devoured when we got back. She always feels better when she eats healthy, so I sense this is just the beginning of getting back to less junk food.

We JUST got back from dropping her off ... I'll miss her in about five minutes! I'm so used to her going over there for work a few days per week, it will take some time for me to really realize she's over there for more than a couple days! It's tough having them grow up! Especially when they're so sweet.

I'm working on getting back to eating healthy. It's getting close. I can't just jump into it, I work on it little by little. I made a huge mistake today though :angry: Remember how I was getting off dairy to see if I was allergic to it. I was going to get off of it for two weeks and test gluten a couple weeks later and dairy a couple weeks after that. Well, it's only been about 6 days and I completely forgot about the dairy part. I had cheese with my dinner. Now I have to start all over <_<:(:angry:

Well, I see Morgan must be really busy ... she didn't even post here!!! :D On the one hand it's exciting to see the fruit of the years you spent raising a child, and see them moving on to their more independent life. On the other, it's sad to see them grow up. And, am I really this OLD????

She's about three hours away. When we moved, I decided to keep going to the same salon that I've gone to for years, the one where Morgan works, and is near IU ... so I'll see her every four to six weeks!! If she weren't going to school there, I would have found someone here to do my hair!!

Morgan, did you find out how to get your food? (When I left her, she didn't know how to get her already paid for food ... neither did her rooommate!).

I found my food :P

You guys are sending kids off to college.... and here I am, celebrating my son's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!

My little guy will be 'officially' 1 at 10:48!!

My boss took her daughter to college yesterday. She'll be back on Monday, she took today and tomorrow off to grieve.

With my daughter, I'm actually starting with "preschool" basics. If she progresses on to K stuff (which I feel she will...she's brilliant... ) - we'll see how she does. More than likely, she'll start school IN kindergarten next year. She'll help us make that decision the closer we get to the end of the school year.

Happy 1st Birthday!!!!

:rolleyes:

Yeah, Morgan, where are you?? Don't leave us hanging, wondering about your first day away at school.

I remember when I went away, exciting and scary all at the same time. I hope you are getting all settled in and having fun

Well I didn't get to get on here yesterday bc....I just got moved in. And then I got my internet registration for campus thingy this morning before I went to work. I ran some errands, ate with some random friendly people and then got on here. Oh and last night, I wandered around with some of the people on my floor. I like it, I'm still getting settled, but yes I miss my family :(

Oh!!!!! and my rommate's Dad has Celiac, so she'll completely understand if I request something "weird" with the fridge or something :D

Now where did my other quotes go??? Oh well, i know there were more but I have things to do. Don't worry I'm not leaving Rachelville :D

Hello everybody--

Leah

Last night I got the kids their dinner and had mine in the oven, with the oven off, so it would keep warm. Since we ran errands yesterday, Seth didn't get his full afternoon nap because he fell asleep about 20 minutes from home. Fed him his dinner and then fed him again an hour later to get him to bed (an hour ealier than normal). Got all the kids in bed and came back out to the computer. About 9:30 I started thinking "I'm hungry" so I grabbed a Lara bar. Mitch got home around 10 or so. About 10:30 I told him I was hungry and didn't know why since I had had dinner about 4 hours before.

I went to bed around 12 and was laying there doing my mental check....oven/stove off......did I even eat dinner. I don't remember getting the spaghetti out of the oven. I got out of bed and went to the oven and there was my plate of spaghetti. NO WONDER I WAS SO HUNGRY! I grabbed a snack and will have the spaghetti (crunchy as it may be) in a little bit. :unsure: I still haven't eaten today.

Just thought I'd rely an amusing story. Now you all know why I appreciate that my wonderful hubby makes sure I get food on the weekend.

:lol::lol::lol: We used to do that before we moved....but with our aga, the food was still eatable....unless it was in there for more than one day or was in one of the hotter ovens :blink:

She was only going off sugar for one day??

Are you kidding!!!! I can't handle more than one day of this...I have to ease myself into it :)

No, she just wanted to do it for one day. I think she just felt bad for all the sugar she ate in North Carolina and the meringues she devoured when we got back. She always feels better when she eats healthy, so I sense this is just the beginning of getting back to less junk food.

We JUST got back from dropping her off ... I'll miss her in about five minutes! I'm so used to her going over there for work a few days per week, it will take some time for me to really realize she's over there for more than a couple days! It's tough having them grow up! Especially when they're so sweet.

I'm working on getting back to eating healthy. It's getting close. I can't just jump into it, I work on it little by little. I made a huge mistake today though :angry: Remember how I was getting off dairy to see if I was allergic to it. I was going to get off of it for two weeks and test gluten a couple weeks later and dairy a couple weeks after that. Well, it's only been about 6 days and I completely forgot about the dairy part. I had cheese with my dinner. Now I have to start all over <_<:(:angry:

Well, I see Morgan must be really busy ... she didn't even post here!!! :D On the one hand it's exciting to see the fruit of the years you spent raising a child, and see them moving on to their more independent life. On the other, it's sad to see them grow up. And, am I really this OLD????

She's about three hours away. When we moved, I decided to keep going to the same salon that I've gone to for years, the one where Morgan works, and is near IU ... so I'll see her every four to six weeks!! If she weren't going to school there, I would have found someone here to do my hair!!

Morgan, did you find out how to get your food? (When I left her, she didn't know how to get her already paid for food ... neither did her rooommate!).

You guys are sending kids off to college.... and here I am, celebrating my son's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!

My boss took her daughter to college yesterday. She'll be back on Monday, she took today and tomorrow off to grieve.

With my daughter, I'm actually starting with "preschool" basics. If she progresses on to K stuff (which I feel she will...she's brilliant... ) - we'll see how she does. More than likely, she'll start school IN kindergarten next year. She'll help us make that decision the closer we get to the end of the school year.

Happy 1st Birthday!!!!

I remember when I went away, exciting and scary all at the same time. I hope you are getting all settled in and having fun

Well I didn't get to get on here yesterday bc....I just got moved in. And then I got my internet registration for campus thingy this morning before I went to work. I ran some errands, ate with some random friendly people and then got on here. Oh and last night, I wandered around with some of the people on my floor. I like it, I'm still getting settled, but yes I miss my family :(

Oh!!!!! and my rommate's Dad has Celiac, so she'll completely understand if I request something "weird" with the fridge or something :D

Now where did my other quotes go??? Oh well, i know there were more but I have things to do. Don't worry I'm not leaving Rachelville :D

Hello everybody--

Leah

She was only going off sugar for one day??

Happy 1st Birthday!!!!

Hello everybody--

Leah

:lol: We used to do that before we moved....but with our aga, the food was still eatable....unless it was in there for more than one day or was in one of the hotter ovens :blink:

She was only going off sugar for one day?? :unsure:

I'm working on getting back to eating healthy. It's getting close. I can't just jump into it, I work on it little by little. I made a huge mistake today though :angry: Remember how I was getting off dairy to see if I was allergic to it. I was going to get off of it for two weeks and test gluten a couple weeks later and dairy a couple weeks after that. Well, it's only been about 6 days and I completely forgot about the dairy part. I had cheese with my dinner. Now I have to start all over :(:angry:

With my daughter, I'm actually starting with "preschool" basics. If she progresses on to K stuff (which I feel she will...she's brilliant... ;) ) - we'll see how she does. More than likely, she'll start school IN kindergarten next year. She'll help us make that decision the closer we get to the end of the school year.

Happy 1st Birthday!!!!

I remember when I went away, exciting and scary all at the same time. I hope you are getting all settled in and having fun :)

:lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi MO!!!

So, how did the dairy make you feel? I mean, you were off it for 6 days, so you may have felt a difference from it.

morganb Newbie

Holy Cow!!!!!!! It's no wonder it took so long to post that comment!!!!! Is that a record for the longest post ever????

Hi MO!!!

So, how did the dairy make you feel? I mean, you were off it for 6 days, so you may have felt a difference from it.

I haven't felt a difference. I don't know if it matters, but I didn't have much :unsure:

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
Linda,

I wouldn't mind the recipe. :D I can't do soy but that is easily fixed. :)

No soy so no problem. Recipe section or here or pm? I'm at work right now, so I'm aftraid you'll have to wait until tomorrow when the boys are done with the computer so I can have a turn. FYI, it's from the Incredible Edible Gluten Free Food for Kids cookbook.

Green12 Enthusiast
Holy Cow!!!!!!! It's no wonder it took so long to post that comment!!!!! Is that a record for the longest post ever????

:lol: Morgan

I think it is your replies x 3 (or double, not sure?)

CarlaB Enthusiast

I need to put your picture in the other chair, then it will be almost like you're home, except that I had to cook my own dinner tonight ... Dad took care of the kids for me.

I didn't tell you, but we went to Bloomingfood's for dinner ... I bought a rice dream ice cream bar, read the ingredients three times, then took a bite ... I saw a cookie in it! It was the most poorly labeled ingredients list I ever saw! It said Ingredients, then had a list, then under that it said cookie ingredients, then chocolate ingredients! It didn't even mention that the first list was the "ice cream" ingredients! It looked like the full list! Anyway, I spit it out, then went to the bathroom and rinsed my mouth out really well. I don't know if I was glutened since I'm still recovering from the previous one. The first ingredient on the chocolate was barley! YIKES! I started crying. :( Not obvious to everyone ... but Dad knew.

flagbabyds Collaborator

sorry to be nosey, but what school are you at morgan? and carla, you didn't move her in? or did you?

morganb Newbie

:blink::blink::blink:

I need to put your picture in the other chair, then it will be almost like you're home, except that I had to cook my own dinner tonight ... Dad took care of the kids for me.

I didn't tell you, but we went to Bloomingfood's for dinner ... I bought a rice dream ice cream bar, read the ingredients three times, then took a bite ... I saw a cookie in it! It was the most poorly labeled ingredients list I ever saw! It said Ingredients, then had a list, then under that it said cookie ingredients, then chocolate ingredients! It didn't even mention that the first list was the "ice cream" ingredients! It looked like the full list! Anyway, I spit it out, then went to the bathroom and rinsed my mouth out really well. I don't know if I was glutened since I'm still recovering from the previous one. The first ingredient on the chocolate was barley! YIKES! I started crying. :( Not obvious to everyone ... but Dad knew.

*tear* I'm soooo sorry that happened :(

Green12 Enthusiast

Carla, I am so sorry!!! I'm so glad you caught it on first bite. Hopefully it won't affect you adversely.

AndreaB Contributor

More like 4 or 5 x. :lol::lol:

That's great that you have a roomie that will understand your need to be gluten free.

So glad that you are doing well and I understand about missing your family....especially as close as you are.

Cheese.....oops. :blink:

queenofhearts Explorer

Oh, Carla, what a bummer about the ice cream! I hope you got rid of all the gluten, but how maddening!

Morgan, congratulations on your first day & finding the food (very important!)-- sorry about the cheese, but I bet if you go back to no dairy it won't really be square one, especially if there wasn't much of it.

morganb Newbie
sorry to be nosey, but what school are you at morgan? and carla, you didn't move her in? or did you?

Oh it's not nosey...I don't really care. I'm going to Indiana University. And yes, Mom helped move me in...but I unloaded everything

AndreaB Contributor
No soy so no problem. Recipe section or here or pm? I'm at work right now, so I'm aftraid you'll have to wait until tomorrow when the boys are done with the computer so I can have a turn. FYI, it's from the Incredible Edible Gluten Free Food for Kids cookbook.

Here is fine, then others can use it if they want. I have the Big Book of Gluten Free Recipes that I got online. It has banana bread recipes which I haven't tried yet. I think Annalise Roberts does too. I always like to compare recipes.

CarlaB Enthusiast

She's at Indiana University, we moved her in yesterday, it's about 3 hours from here. We used to live there, so we're all familiar with town ...

Green12 Enthusiast
:blink::blink::blink:

Look at your post and you will understand, there are multiple repeats.

I wanted to say in my last post, I'm so glad your first few days have gone well for you :)

The board is acting funny for me, don't know if it is just my computer or for everyone?

AndreaB Contributor
he first ingredient on the chocolate was barley! YIKES! I started crying. :( Not obvious to everyone ... but Dad knew.

I'm sorry Carla. :( I hope you don't have any lengthening effects with still getting over the weekend.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Oh it's not nosey...I don't really care. I'm going to Indiana University. And yes, Mom helped move me in...but I unloaded everything

Ahem, excuse me??? The girls and I carried everything in except for the one load you brought in!!! YOU only unpacked it!!!!

Archived