This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rachelville 2

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
In OZ there's this pasta sauce they sell in the "health food" section called Fungi Sauce. Eww. They should really just say "mushroom" or something. I'm assuming that's what it was anyway :huh:

Well....I guess we'll have to sell our fungi to the makers of "Fungi Sauce" then. :lol::lol:

Sounds like they could use the fungi....for their "healthy" sauce. :huh:

OMG...I have to say that I DO love mushrooms!! I always have....I would just put them in the oven and eat them like they were a snack. Soooo good. Oh...and portabello mushrooms....with cheese melted on top....it actually tastes somewhat like steak. B)

OK...so now I cant eat them anymore on account of having excess fungi growth...what a BUMMER. I wonder if this will permanantly scar me from eating fungi ever again. :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh...I have to ask...am I the only one who doesnt know what a truffle hunting pig is??

I keep thinking of truffles...as in chocolate candies. :)

Soooo...if thats the kind of truffles we're talking about....YAY! :D

I'm especially excited about pigs who not only protect us from candida...but also bring us TRUFFLES! :o

Mtndog Collaborator
Well....I guess we'll have to sell our fungi to the makers of "Fungi Sauce" then. :lol::lol:

Sounds like they could use the fungi....for their "healthy" sauce. :huh:

OMG...I have to say that I DO love mushrooms!! I always have....I would just put them in the oven and eat them like they were a snack. Soooo good. Oh...and portabello mushrooms....with cheese melted on top....it actually tastes somewhat like steak. B)

OK...so now I cant eat them anymore on account of having excess fungi growth...what a BUMMER. I wonder if this will permanantly scar me from eating fungi ever again. :unsure:

I have to admit that I love fungi- but rachel, if you eat it I'm calling in "The Yeastie Boys" and thay ARE Licensed to ILL :P :P :P

Mango- I got the gluteny batfish but WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU? Those batfish looked scary and creepy! It's probably from all the gluten they ingest. Ewwwww!

Mtndog Collaborator
Oh...I have to ask...am I the only one who doesnt know what a truffle hunting pig is??

I keep thinking of truffles...as in chocolate candies. :)

Soooo...if thats the kind of truffles we're talking about....YAY! :D

I'm especially excited about pigs who not only protect us from candida...but also bring us TRUFFLES! :o

Oh...in Italy, the wild boars root them out. They actually use truffle hunting dogs to find them because the boars certainly won't fetch :P and they amke TONS of money off these shrooms ;)

But in rachelville, I think we should have truffle hunting pigs that get rid of the fungi and cute dogs that bring us chocolate truffles!

And The Yeastie Boys play every party!

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I had assumed Mango was talking about when you post a quote, not quoting someone here. Maybe I assumed wrong. :ph34r:

I love mushrooms too, haven't had them for awhile though. I know they are high in glutamates but don't know if they turn to free glutamates. Seth has enough problems without me adding to them.

I didn't know what truffle hunting pigs were either. :P

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Are you home today? Your posting at unusual times for a workday. :huh:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

Are you home today? Your posting at unusual times for a workday. :huh:

Yeah...there are too many allergens at my house and I didnt feel good. :(

I'm starting my fungi-killer today....so this week should be LOADS of fun. :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Oh...in Italy, the wild boars root them out. They actually use truffle hunting dogs to find them because the boars certainly won't fetch :P and they amke TONS of money off these shrooms ;)

Ohhhhh.....so truffles are some kind of fungi??? I think I might be catching on. ;)

Sheeeesh...the way I seem to attract fungi there should be no shortage of cash in Rachelville!

But in rachelville, I think we should have truffle hunting pigs that get rid of the fungi and cute dogs that bring us chocolate truffles!

Yeah cute dogs (like the one in your avatar) bringing us chocolate truffles daily! :D

Yeastie Boys...Liscenced to ILL.....OMG....that cracks me up! :lol::lol::lol:

Mango04 Enthusiast
:blink:

Woah....no wonder you're so excited about the new quote button! :lol::lol:

sorry but I had to laugh...and yeah...I'm still laughing! :lol:

:lol: Yeah I have a tendency to make everything I do much harder than it has to be.

I had assumed Mango was talking about when you post a quote, not quoting someone here. Maybe I assumed wrong
LOL this is funny for some reason. I was talking about multiple quotes actually. I knew about the "reply with a quote" button, but whenever I did multiple quotes I would always write out the word "quote." I remember at some point on the OMG thread everyone was saying they finally figured out how to do multiple quotes. I thought "okay they figured out how to keep writing the word "quote" and adding all the little symbols around all the sentences they're quoting" :ph34r: :ph34r:

There's probably a really obvious and easy way of doing it that I still don't know about :ph34r:

Mango- I got the gluteny batfish but WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU? Those batfish looked scary and creepy! It's probably from all the gluten they ingest. Ewwwww!

I was in some version of h€ll, which consists of white sandy beaches and and bread floating around in pretty turquiose waters....and millions of invisible stingers in the water that that kill you within four minutes if you get stung...and sharks..and flies that bite you through your clothes...and seagulls that attack (seagulls)...and a shelf protruding from the wall that serves as a bed...and a hose in a tiny smelly bathroom that serves as a shower (that you're only allowed to use for one minute a day)...and really horrible sea sickness...and sea turtles and huge manta rays that swim past you in the stinger and gluten-infested waters (that part was kinda cool)

Sorry I got a bit carried away there (I could go on and on). I was on a sailing trip in the Whitsunday Islands - off the coast of Queensland, Australia. It was adventerous :)

Mango04 Enthusiast

Okay I'm coming back to add that my quote explanation above makes no sense. Just ignore me... :lol::huh:

CarlaB Enthusiast

I found you!! I didn't know this thread was resurrected!!

Mango, I do the quotes the same way you do ... it is simpler for me to just type it in than to look for all those buttons and figure out how to use them!!

I think we need to discriminate and only allow fungi we like into Rachelville! I like Portabellos stuffed with spinach and topped with brie. Yum. It is like a steak.

2kids4me Contributor

Since Candida makes people feel like sh** then we need to import a load of dung beetles to take of it! :lol::lol:

Sandy

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I was in some version of h
Mango04 Enthusiast

This is what it looked like:

http://i12.tinypic.com/49lp0jm.webp

http://i18.tinypic.com/34sm5vo.webp

Yeah it was quite nice :)

Mango04 Enthusiast
Did you see any sharks??? I'm fascinated by sharks. :D

Yeah and don't you swim with crocs in your spare time? :P I only saw sharks once when I went on a kayaking trip. It was supposed to be dolphin kayaking but I don't think they marketed it very honestly LOL.

Mtndog Collaborator
Yeah and don't you swim with crocs in your spare time? :P I only saw sharks once when I went on a kayaking trip. It was supposed to be dolphin kayaking but I don't think they marketed it very honestly LOL.

Wow! That looked SO BEAUTIFUL except for the gluteny batfish......Holy Tropics! Take me away.

I swam with sharks and sting rays in the Bahamas.....Rachel, you would have LOVED it! Really scary but so COOL!

OK- to explain, truffles (the funky fungi kind) are REALLY REALLY expensive mushrooms and are supposedly a delicacy. Tons o' cash!

But I like the truffles to be brought by a cute doggie. Angus (in avatar- my new puppy!) would love to serve all of you chocolate truffles and give you puppy kisses! :wub: :wub:

AndreaB Contributor

Mango,

That sail trip doesn't sound like fun at all. Although is does sound like a pretty area. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I was in some version of h
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Am so hungry, must go forage like a truffle pig for something to eat.

:lol::lol:

Forage away...

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yeah and don't you swim with crocs in your spare time?

hehe...I wouldnt think of doing it now. :P

HOLY TROPICAL PARADISE!!

Does it really look like that!! OMG....its perfect! I must go to a place just like this when I dump all these yeasties!! :o

This is sort of what I pictured Rachelville to look like...this would be the outskirts. A total paradise. :D

I've only been to Hawaii but it was so populated and not quite as tropical.....probably because I was in Waikiki. :rolleyes:

Pleeeese....let me get this funky fungi off my back sooooon!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I swam with sharks and sting rays in the Bahamas.....Rachel, you would have LOVED it! Really scary but so COOL!

This would definately be COOL....my dream would be to swim with dolphins....its always been my dream. I wanna frolick with the dolphins. :)

A guy I was dating was planning to take me to Florida..to some place where you can actually do this. He was setting it all up....but I was too sick so I broke up with him. (we really need one of those head banging emoticons) :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

Miss Beverly,

I just have to tell you how much I love the new picture of you and Angus! :D

AndreaB Contributor
Miss Beverly,

I had to go back and look at it.

Nice picture!

Mtndog Collaborator
Miss Beverly,

Oh my- thank you. He's a VERY GOOD boy! We love him to pieces.

Rachel- I have always wanted to swim with dolphins so there will have to be a dolphin swimming area where you can jump in the warm water and frolick with WILD dolphins who happen to love the residents of Rachelville and come in and oout to play. Also, you can lay on the beach forever and NEVER get sunburned!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Rachel- I have always wanted to swim with dolphins so there will have to be a dolphin swimming area where you can jump in the warm water and frolick with WILD dolphins who happen to love the residents of Rachelville and come in and oout to play. Also, you can lay on the beach forever and NEVER get sunburned!

OMG!!..Yes, we MUST have Dolphins in Rachelville shores (it's by the sea, right??)

I've alway's wanted my son with learning difficulties to go swimming with the dolphins - he'd LOVE IT!!!...he loves animals..and they alway's seem to love him back!! :D

Oh yeah!!..and a beach you can lay on all day without getting burnt!!...Excellent!!! (my fair,paler than pale skin will love it!! :D )

Archived