This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I know, I need supervision!!! :) I promise the board will be intact when you get back.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast
Yes, but it's only SIX DAYS AWAY, Amanda! How can you concentrate at work? You'll just have to keep coming on here...I find nothing else that makes the time whip by like sitting here, fraternizing with the cohorts who really matter!

:lol:

And - - the bigger the deadline, the more HEINOUS the task, the more I find myslef here..... :ph34r::lol:

Yes, quiet, quiet day!! Have we ALL lost our collective mojos? :huh:

I am just not feeling so funny today. Feeling quite blah, actually. And sitting here filling out paperwork for my first physical therapy appointment today (geez, back xrays and MRI were back in JUNE for pete's sake - it's about time!)......back is a TOTAL mess from vigorous carpet shampooing over the weekend (despite Clive Owens' massages ;)). So - - trying to describe on paperwork what back pain feels like. Pins and needles? no..... Numbness? no.... Burning? no... Stabbing? well, a little.....they haven't given the option of what it REALLY feels like - - as if someone has taken a gigantic metal vice and clamped the entire mid- and lower section of my back, making movement nearly impossible. :huh:

AMANDA - six days!!! :rolleyes: Everything will fall into place, it always does. And if it doesn't, you can put it on America's funniest Home Videos. :lol::ph34r:

Ridgewalker Contributor
back is a TOTAL mess from vigorous carpet shampooing over the weekend (despite Clive Owens' massages ;)).

:o Oh GASP! Oh FAINT!

:lol: Told ya I pop up with a mention of a yummy male. It's like radar, it's a gift.

Sorry your back is so painful, Susie. :( (((Careful Hugs!)))

Darn210 Enthusiast
. . . I took a shower today you know :)

FINALLY!!! What's it been, a week now?!!?

elye Community Regular

Okay, that's better! Good Afternoon, Othersillies... I suppose you're wondering why I've called you all here... :lol:

Well, I am somewhat relieved and chuckling. Spoke to DS this morning about his school project involving bulging zycomatics and maxillary notches. It is for a poster he has to make about the austalopicethis, an ancient homonid (250+ yrs. ago). He looked carefully at me and said, "bulging zycomatics refer to their cranial structure, and maxillary notches are in their jaw area. What were you thinking about?" Ha! Who, me? :rolleyes::ph34r:

tom Contributor

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I need this move to be OVER!!

Just a few more hrs of work . . .. ..

Darn210 Enthusiast
And - - the bigger the deadline, the more HEINOUS the task, the more I find myslef here..... :ph34r::lol:

Ahhh Yes!!! This is me to a T!! . . . a Tee? . . . a Tea? (Darjeeling, Earl Grey . . . hmmm, I prefer English Breakfast . . . Is it OK to have English Breakfast in the afternoon?) :huh:

A silly from my daughter . . . the kids went to a haunted house at the Children's Museum over the weekend. There were goody bags after they had made it all the way through. My daughter remarked that they were Halloween goody bags because they said Aaaaaaa on the side like someone was scared. I looked at the bag and it said AAA (they were a sponser). :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I need this move to be OVER!!

Just a few more hrs of work . . .. ..

And apparently, it applies to Tom, too.

Today I got a limo, a 14-passenger lincoln stretch navigator. Yes we have waited until the last minute.

elye Community Regular
Today I got a limo, a 14-passenger lincoln stretch navigator. Yes we have waited until the last minute.

Uhhhhhhh.....Amanda....Hate to tell you this, but you may have to be re-ordering post haste. We'll be needing considerably more seating than for fourteen. There's your wedding party, then all of us...and you must know that the yeti will likely take up three seats alone. Will there be a sunroof that he can stick his upper body out of?

:lol::lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Uhhhhhhh.....Amanda....Hate to tell you this, but you may have to be re-ordering post haste. We'll be needing considerably more seating than for fourteen. There's your wedding party, then all of us...and you must know that the yeti will likely take up three seats alone. Will there be a sunroof that he can stick his upper body out of?

And when Emily says all of us, don't forget she also means the Dalai Lama, Chuck Norris, Robert Goulet (he may need his own ambulance), Michael Jackson, David Hasselhoff (will definitely need his own vehicle - preferably something that can be hosed out) and let's see . . . who have I left out? Bev? Have I left anybody out? I would HATE to leave anybody out. (The nose rubbing continues - heehee).

DingoGirl Enthusiast
He looked carefully at me and said, "bulging zycomatics refer to their cranial structure, and maxillary notches are in their jaw area. What were you thinking about?" Ha! Who, me? :rolleyes::ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A silly from my daughter . . . the kids went to a haunted house at the Children's Museum over the weekend. There were goody bags after they had made it all the way through. My daughter remarked that they were Halloween goody bags because they said Aaaaaaa on the side like someone was scared. I looked at the bag and it said AAA (they were a sponser). :lol:

excellent :lol:

Janet - when you have your afternoon T/tea/tee....do you eat those fabulous-looking cookies? Been meaning to ask you to 'splain them to us. :)

oh MOST DEFINITELY!!!! she probably will need to get three or four more stretch limos on standby....good God, there's no telling who will be trailing along in our motley crew....

Is the yeti allowed to bring a guest? a cute female yeti? because that would REALLY take up a lot of room.....

CarlaB Enthusiast

And, I will need room to lie down, Bev might, too. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
And when Emily says all of us, don't forget she also means the Dalai Lama, Chuck Norris, Robert Goulet (he may need his own ambulance), Michael Jackson, David Hasselhoff (will definitely need his own vehicle - preferably something that can be hosed out) and let's see . . . who have I left out? Bev? Have I left anybody out? I would HATE to leave anybody out. (The nose rubbing continues - heehee).

Well, I don't know about all y'all, but *I'm* riding in the limo with all the cute guys. Clive Owens, Benicio, Colin Firth, Rafe Fiennes, that guy from Mad Men (something Hamm), Robert Duvall, Sir Sean Connery.....it's a long list so we've reserved a 25-seat Care Bear float.

;)

Darn210 Enthusiast
Janet - when you have your afternoon T/tea/tee....do you eat those fabulous-looking cookies? Been meaning to ask you to 'splain them to us. :)

That avatar is actually an illustration for a different topic that I started. Yes, surprising isn't it. I do sometimes post in other threads. I'm about ready to change it as the thread has slid to the second page and not likely to get any more responses.

In my pregluten-free past life, I used to decorate cookies. I actually looked into starting a business out of my home. Did a few jobs for friends. Word started getting out about the time my daughter got her diagnosis. I've turned down a few jobs because I won't have anything in the house that she would want and I would have to tell her she can't have it. So I was looking for a new gluten-free rolled sugar cookie recipe. I always like to do two related designs - thus flowers and bees. I did some turkeys and pumpkins last thanksgiving. If I find that photo, I'll post if for a few hours.

Darn210 Enthusiast
Well, I don't know about all y'all, but *I'm* riding in the limo with all the cute guys. Clive Owens, Benicio, Colin Firth, Rafe Fiennes, that guy from Mad Men (something Hamm), Robert Duvall, Sir Sean Connery.....it's a long list so we've reserved a 25-seat Care Bear float.

;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor

I am NOT riding with Michael Jackson. :ph34r: Amanda, maybe you just need two limos. ;)

Ridgewalker Contributor

;)

I'm riding with you :D

tom Contributor
. . . . and let's see . . . who have I left out? Bev? Have I left anybody out? I would HATE to leave anybody out. (The nose rubbing continues - heehee).

:lol: :lol:

Well, I will get us the stretch hummer than, and it comes with a hottub on the roof. Yeti can bring a date, anyone got any suggestions as of who we can fix him up with?

Don't worry Carla, there is a Marriott right next to our reception hall. We are also having gluten free plates too.

Darn210 Enthusiast

;)

Once again . . . Sarah shows up after Susie's cute guy list. :lol::lol: That's just freaky how that works! :lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor
Once again . . . Sarah shows up after Susie's cute guy list. :lol::lol: That's just freaky how that works! :lol:

:lol::D

Darn210 Enthusiast

Well, couldn't find the turkeys and pumpkins . . . their photo might have actually been taken with real *gasp* film. Here's cookies from a baby shower.

elye Community Regular

We'd better make sure Ms. Spears is NOWHERE NEAR our procession...and everyone, as a precaution, watch your feet.

Susie!! Robert Duvall? Ewwwwwwwwww! Anybody else react to him that way, or am I alone in my he's-a-great-actor-but-NO-panting-going-on reaction? Tell you what, you can sit beside Mr. Duvall. I think I'd even rather sit beside the Dalai, m'self... :lol:

tom Contributor
Is the yeti allowed to bring a guest? a cute female yeti? because that would REALLY take up a lot of room.....

LET THE YETI BREED!!!! ;)

Archived