This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

tom Contributor
They Might be Giants....SO much well-written fun. Moxy Fruvous are as good, as clever, and every bit as toe-tapping. Home-grown boys you must check out if you've never heard their stuff. The King of Spain, in particular.

Oops missed this part!

(It couldn't be some insidious plan to up the post count! <30 posts from p300? :o )

Moxy Furious Fuehrer huh??? WTH KINDA NAME IS THAT!!??

OK everyone, you MUST check out the Grandeur of the newest Whole Foods!

<grumble grumble it opens the day before my moving pod shows up . .. .. .grrrrr shoulda been LAST YEAR!!>

Open Original Shared Link

So many features, but my fav line in the article is:

"While you shop in the store, you can drop your husband off and he can have a beer and watch the game"

at a Whole Foods!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor
They Might be Giants....SO much well-written fun. Moxy Fruvous are as good, as clever, and every bit as toe-tapping. Home-grown boys you must check out if you've never heard their stuff. The King of Spain, in particular.

Oops missed this part!

(It couldn't be some insidious plan to up the post count! <30 posts from p300? :o )

Moxy Furious Fuehrer huh??? WTH KINDA NAME IS THAT!!??

OK everyone, you MUST check out the Grandeur of the newest Whole Foods!

<grumble grumble it opens the day before my moving pod shows up . .. .. .grrrrr shoulda been LAST YEAR!!>

Open Original Shared Link

So many features, but my fav line in the article is:

"While you shop in the store, you can drop your husband off and he can have a beer and watch the game"

at a Whole Foods!!!!!!

Oh! Oh! Susie's SuperWeasel cracks me up every time I see it/her!!!!

(Which is it, Grammar Poohbahs?? "It" for the pic? "Her" for SW?)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Wait a minute, wait a minute...my dad was at our party with us, portraying the Dalai Lama. Unless...now, wait, I'm confused...maybe that really WAS the Dalai :o . Oh, Gawd...I kept calling him a crazy old fart. Ah, so that pained expression wasn't just some really convincing emoting on Dad's part. Naaaah, it had to have been my dad. Old Tibetian monks cannot dance like that...and drink! Whew!

oh my gaaaawd :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh the hell you say!!! You should have SEEN said crazy old fart (the Dalai Lama, or just DL as I call him) at last year's 46th Annual Chuck Norris Wee Cotillion of the Tasseled-Hassled Yeti and Friends. Um, we don't really talk about that night :ph34r: Don't even ASK Janet what she was doing under the table there.

:lol:

elye Community Regular
Oh! Oh! Susie's SuperWeasel cracks me up every time I see it/her!!!!

(Which is it, Grammar Poohbahs?? "It" for the pic? "Her" for SW?)

Since we all intimately know and love Superweasel, "she" can justifiably be used, here...

Sigh...wish we had Whole Foods up here. Would love to drop DH off just about anywhere for a beer and game-watching. Wait...I drink wine...and I watch more games than he. Where can he drop me off? :lol:

elye Community Regular
oh the hell you say!!! You should have SEEN said crazy old fart (the Dalai Lama, or just DL as I call him) at last year's 46th Annual Chuck Norris Wee Cotillion of the Tasseled-Hassled Yeti and Friends. Um, we don't really talk about that night :ph34r:

Gad....I hope he was praying........

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Since we all intimately know and love Superweasel, "she" can justifiably be used, here...

Sigh...wish we had Whole Foods up here. Would love to drop DH off just about anywhere for a beer and game-watching. Wait...I drink wine...and I watch more games than he. Where can he drop me off? :lol:

Come to my place, we have wine here ":)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
46th Annual Chuck Norris Wee Cotillion of the Tasseled-Hassled Yeti and Friends.

:lol::lol::lol:

Cotillion :lol:

I love the way this board teaches me about American culchure :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast
oh my gaaaawd :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh the hell you say!!! You should have SEEN said crazy old fart (the Dalai Lama, or just DL as I call him) at last year's 46th Annual Chuck Norris Wee Cotillion of the Tasseled-Hassled Yeti and Friends. Um, we don't really talk about that night :ph34r: Don't even ASK Janet what she was doing under the table there.

Hell, under the table was the safest place to be. They don't call it the WEE Cotillion for nothing.

tom Contributor

Whoa, slow down there Auntie Em, before I ask Chuck to reverse-tornado your world back to black&white!!!

(too obtuse and oblique a reference to Dorothy's Kansas?)

The "it" was the avatar or picture itself, not Annie!!!

<gossssssshhhhhhhhhhh!>

tom Contributor
Ahhh yes, I remember that night as well . . . that was the night that I tried to call each and everyone of you and everyone had some sort of excuse as to why they were "unavailable"!!!

Let's see if I can remember those excuses . . .

OMG!!!!! :lol: I feel like I read these 5 min ago and I'm STILL laughing!

:lol::lol:

And HEY!!

ALL instruments need a little tuning now & again . .. . . ..& again .. .. . & again

LOL :lol:

(Oh no now I'm reminded of Seinfeld's "Master of My Domain" ep w/ Kramer SLAMMIN the cash on the counter w/ an emphatic "I'M OUT!!")

tom Contributor
Wait a minute, wait a minute...my dad was at our party with us, portraying the Dalai Lama. Unless...now, wait, I'm confused...maybe that really WAS the Dalai :o . Oh, Gawd...I kept calling him a crazy old fart. Ah, so that pained expression wasn't just some really convincing emoting on Dad's part. Naaaah, it had to have been my dad. Old Tibetian monks cannot dance like that...and drink! Whew!

:lol: :lol:

"Big hitter, the Lama" <_<;)

elye Community Regular
Whoa, slow down there Auntie Em, before I ask Chuck to reverse-tornado your world back to black&white!!!

(too obtuse and oblique a reference to Dorothy's Kansas?)

The "it" was the avatar or picture itself, not Annie!!!

<gossssssshhhhhhhhhhh!>

GREAT cross-referencing, Tom!! Aunt Em and tornadoes. Neither obtuse nor oblique...I love it. I also loved Auntie Em. She just was not in that film enough. And neither was Bert Lahr, my hero...

"If I only had the noive..."

Well, Duh, Tom! Of course the pronoun is in the neutral if it refers to an inanimate object..."the picture" requires "it". Are you going to dangle, next?! Tuning instruments is acceptable...but no dangling...! :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Gad....I hope he was praying........

Well you'd better beLIEVE he was praying.....there was a look of mad, heretofore unseen, wild-eyed terror about him.....oh no, was not the yeti he afeared (they both being from the Him-ahl-yas and all)......'twas the emcee, The Hoff, and after the hamburgers were served. Now THAT, as we know, was a sight..... :huh:

Come to my place, we have wine here ":)

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come here! I have wine! And a big screen!!! but it'll have to be American football - SO pedestrian. :lol:

Cotillion :lol:

I love the way this board teaches me about American culchure :lol:

oh you betcha!!!! and it's ALL true, every word we write here, you know!! ;):lol:

Hell, under the table was the safest place to be. They don't call it the WEE Cotillion for nothing.

oh good gawd :lol:

took a break from shampooing. Nearly done. Stinking and sweaty. Oh, that would be Benicio, not me. HE's doing the carpets. I am washing the hair of Dr. McSteamy, Eric Dane. ;) oh....another knock at the door.....probably Emily's dad again......he keeps trying to trick me. but oh no, I ain't buyin' it. :lol:

:D

Mtndog Collaborator
Well you'd better beLIEVE he was praying.....there was a look of mad, heretofore unseen, wild-eyed terror about him.....oh no, was not the yeti he afeared (they both being from the Him-ahl-yas and all)......'twas the emcee, The Hoff, and after the hamburgers were served. Now THAT, as we know, was a sight..... :huh:

took a break from shampooing. Nearly done. Stinking and sweaty. Oh, that would be Benicio, not me. HE's doing the carpets. I am washing the hair of Dr. McSteamy, Eric Dane. ;) oh....another knock at the door.....probably Emily's dad again......he keeps trying to trick me. but oh no, I ain't buyin' it. :lol:

:D

Benicio could not possibly stink- he perspires the wafty arroma of TES-TOS-TEROOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, I heard Emily's dad (who really IS the DL) does too but neither are quite as potent as Chuck's.

Ahhh...the cotillion. Was I there? :huh: Please tell me I was and I had fun!

MOXY FRUVOUS? Groovous name...just looked 'em up...they look fun. I like this line:

It's laissez-faire, I don't even give a care

Let's make Friday part of the weekend

And give every new baby a chocolate eclair

UHM Craig (I mean Tom)- YOU STILL HAVEN"T ANSWERED MY QUESTION

Do you or do you NOT lie (with inflatable dolls)?

I think the next queen should have a court!

Could I be a member of the court?

We could ask Boy George to entertain at our crowning too!

Darn210 Enthusiast

So . . . Just a question . . . Are we going to get like a dozen posts from Emily as she makes a mad dash for page 300? She just wants the Open Original Shared Link, you know. She doesn't want any of that heavy responsibility that Bev has had to shoulder!

Guess no one is making the mad dash. Might just be the two of us tonight!

I am making centerpieces for my table, want to grab some wine and have some fun?

tom Contributor

Gah!

I try to reply to a post . .. . .you were there . .. . .and you .. . .and you Auntie Em!

"If I only had the noive..."

PUHt 'em up! PUHt 'em uhhhhhhp!

-and-

PUHll an axe on me, eh???

Well, Duh, Tom! Of course the pronoun is in the neutral if it refers to an inanimate object..."the picture" requires "it".

Oh dear .. .. .you've missed the conundrum .. . ..

In my attempt to say I LOL when I see Dingy's avatar, the it vs. her issue is more whether to, in a pronoun-y sense, refer to the avatar (it) or to Super Weasel (her).

Perhaps there's no conundrum a'tall.

tom Contributor

But again w/ the tri-syllabic mountains?

I'm not sure I can buy into this one.

Him-ah-lay-ya . . . .. . .ooooh that has potential for the single entendre :o

tom Contributor
MOXY FRUVOUS? Groovous name...just looked 'em up...they look fun. I like this line:

It's laissez-faire, I don't even give a care

Let's make Friday part of the weekend

And give every new baby a chocolate eclair

mmmmmm maternity eclairs .. . .

<as homer, natch>

UHM Craig (I mean Tom)- YOU STILL HAVEN"T ANSWERED MY QUESTION

Do you or do you NOT lie (with inflatable dolls)?

Lie still?

Lie to?

("No those extra couple psi do NOT make you look fat!")

slow night

tom Contributor
slow night

gaaaaahhhh ... . . . I missed all the happ'nin' axshun while too bizzy mizzoovin da hizzy!

For the next day & a half, I AM my Pod, and it is me.

I wonder where all our sillies are!

Darn210 Enthusiast
("No those extra couple psi do NOT make you look fat!")

Tom, did I read (a long ways back) that you are an engineer?

Amanda - I don't think we've done too bad at all for a weekend.

I just want to make sure that I am not the Queen of page 300. I don't want to wear any stinkin' tiara. And being in charge of two kids is enough for me. I don't want to have to rule the likes of this lot! :angry::huh::lol::lol:

tom Contributor

Well, we're already WELL over a Saturday quota.

Hmmm 5th post from here is p300??

Dare to be Royal!!

Archived