Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

Benicio DID bring the lobster and ghee. We had 50 martinis together. I think I passed out after that. Not sure what hubby thought :ph34r:

....and to quote Carla...'' I've heard martinis are like breasts ... one isn't enough and three are too many'' :lol: ..so god only knows what happens after 50!! :ph34r:(hubby does not need to know about your little hallucinogenic episodes))

Here's one for you: Good day, Sir

Why, how kind Miss Beverly Good Day to you too :D

And, Nikki, hey, I've been a stay-at-home mom since 1988! It didn't cause brain deterioration for me ... but I did home school for 10 of those years. ;)

<_< ....and so it seems I have no valid excuse for my neurological defecits....HARUMPH!!!!

Lobster sounds good ... shellfish started bothering me though ... :( ... but I snuck some when we were in Phoenix last month and it didn't bother me at all ... can treating the Lyme be taking care of this? Hope so, because real lobster would be good instead of this imaginary stuff!

AGAIN!!! no real excuse....but have never been able to eat shellfish without vomiting profusely about 10 mins after :blink: ...why is that???? :unsure:

Susan, the part I don't like about alcohol is how it alters you mind ... I like the taste .. how weird is that?

Whereas I don't like the taste,...but quite enjoy the feeling :lol::lol:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

<_< ....and so it seems I have no valid excuse for my neurological defecits....HARUMPH!!!!

:lol::lol: I'm sure it's your husband's fault. It's always the man's fault!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

:lol::lol: I'm sure it's your husband's fault. It's always the man's fault!

WELL OF COURSE!!! ha - ha!!

''It's Dad's fault'' is my kids favourite saying.....and he passively accepts this :lol:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

black_cat.gif

Tee hee! Did I say 50 martinis :blink: ? No, after 1 I'd be under the weather. Right now after 2, I'd be under the floorboards.

I miss my cosmopolitans!!!!!!!!!!!! Someday......

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

....and to quote Carla...'' I've heard martinis are like breasts ... one isn't enough and three are too many''

Whereas I don't like the taste,...but quite enjoy the feeling :lol::lol:

LOL :lol: Love that martini quote!!

Your two contrasting positions on alcohol bring me to what could be a telling symptom.

Or maybe the 3rd position is Pseuzee's liking BOTH taste & feeling.

Anyway, maybe I fill the remaining quadrant of this 2x2 matrix. (Or maybe that's total bs now that I think of it)

So, tho I would enjoy both the taste & feeling, every time I test anything alcoholic, I'm somehow suddenly *unable* to get even the slightest buzz!

Has anyone heard of this? I was quite able to feel the effects throughout the 70s. 80s. 90s and the early aughts.

Having zero alcohol for betw 1 & 2 yrs SHOULD'VE made for great ease in feeling the effects. But it's like it's just not digested or metabolized in a normal way.

I'm highly curious whether this means something. It must mean *something*!

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

...my head hurts.....but I MUST TRY!!! UM....SIOUX-ZI :huh:

HELP ME !!!...HELP!!! My poor brain cells!!!.......

Having zero alcohol for betw 1 & 2 yrs SHOULD'VE made for great ease in feeling the effects. But it's like it's just not digested or metabolized in a normal way.

Clearly the answer is to DRINK MORE, much much more. Then call us in the morning. :lol:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

HELP ME !!!...HELP!!! My poor brain cells!!!.......

Clearly the answer is to DRINK MORE, much much more. Then call us in the morning. :lol:

[edit - - OMG OMG OMG OMG - - I had SO many funny things written, and I am using Firefox as my browser now, AND IT"S ALL GONE! :huh: put my post up and only this last bit showed up.......sad...heinous......terrible.........no time to repost! :(:angry: ]

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

[edit - - OMG OMG OMG OMG - - I had SO many funny things written, and I am using Firefox as my browser now, AND IT"S ALL GONE! :huh: put my post up and only this last bit showed up.......sad...heinous......terrible.........no time to repost! :(:angry: ]

Well now, tinkering with THE EVIL COMPUTER indeed!!

This WILL always end in tears :rolleyes:

....but I am a little jealous, admiring your bravery, been thinking of ditching Internet Explorer myself but was TOO SCARED :unsure:

Nikki

black_cat.gif

Tee Hee :lol: Good one.

Benicio DID bring the lobster and ghee. We had 50 martinis together. I think I passed out after that. Not sure what hubby thought :ph34r:

I just have to add Rinne's post "You know what they say about martinis, just have one because after two you'll be under the table and after three you'll be under the waiter."

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Boooooooo! :(

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling deprived (or is that depraved?) :rolleyes::huh::ph34r::wacko:

Now I feel bad for talking up Firefox. I've been using it since beta (pre-release) and never had nor heard of a problem like that.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

That SO blows! I can't imagine what went wrong and wish I could help solve it and keep u away from bug-filled/security-hole-laden IE.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or late afternoon after the blooody mary's :P

Or, maybe you need moe sAx?????????????????????

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Or, maybe you need moe sAx?????????????????????

:lol::lol::unsure::ph34r:

Cue bad (as in the proper meaning ;) ) joke:

A brain walks into a bar and says, "I'll have a pint of beer please."

The barman looks at him and says "Sorry, I can't serve you."

"Why not?" askes the brain.

"You're already out of your head."

Nikki

black_cat.gif

It's a Richard sighting!

WELL OF COURSE!!! ha - ha!!

''It's Dad's fault'' is my kids favourite saying.....and he passively accepts this :lol:

Hubby more actively accepts this and admits it's true.

Tee hee! Did I say 50 martinis :blink: ? No, after 1 I'd be under the weather. Right now after 2, I'd be under the floorboards.

I miss my cosmopolitans!!!!!!!!!!!! Someday......

Me, too. I love cosmos! There's a drink at a restaurant in Bloomington (Adam and my picture is on their website! LOL --Malibu Grill) ... It's called a Flirtini (of course that's what I'd drink! LOL). It has vodka, cranberry, champagne (which fizzes when they shake it) and pineapple juice. Very tasty.

LOL :lol: Love that martini quote!!

Your two contrasting positions on alcohol bring me to what could be a telling symptom.

Or maybe the 3rd position is Pseuzee's liking BOTH taste & feeling.

Anyway, maybe I fill the remaining quadrant of this 2x2 matrix. (Or maybe that's total bs now that I think of it)

So, tho I would enjoy both the taste & feeling, every time I test anything alcoholic, I'm somehow suddenly *unable* to get even the slightest buzz!

Has anyone heard of this? I was quite able to feel the effects throughout the 70s. 80s. 90s and the early aughts.

I think it's a matter of having so much brain fog that it makes no difference at all whether you're drunk or sober.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

... It's called a Flirtini (of course that's what I'd drink! LOL). It has vodka, cranberry, champagne (which fizzes when they shake it) and pineapple juice. Very tasty.

Why, you little minx, - that drink IS MADE FOR YOU!! :lol::lol:

Nikki

black_cat.gif

It's a Richard sighting!

Me, too. I love cosmos! There's a drink at a restaurant in Bloomington (Adam and my picture is on their website! LOL --Malibu Grill) ... It's called a Flirtini (of course that's what I'd drink! LOL). It has vodka, cranberry, champagne (which fizzes when they shake it) and pineapple juice. Very tasty.

I think it's a matter of having so much brain fog that it makes no difference at all whether you're drunk or sober.

OMG- a Richard sighting AND flirtini in the same sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good news on both fronts.

I miss Richard and I love flirtinis.

Richard- If you're still reading, we have gotten even cheekier!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Ouch!!

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

I can't imagine what went wrong and wish I could help solve it and keep u away from bug-filled/security-hole-laden IE.

I've tried firefox but didn't give it much of a chance.

I'm on ebay a lot (or should I say hubby is :rolleyes: ) and I like the ebay tool bar that tells you whether it is legit. I didn't figure that out with firefox.

Andrea

Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

OMG- a Richard sighting AND flirtini in the same sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good news on both fronts.

I miss Richard and I love flirtinis.

Richard- If you're still reading, we have gotten even cheekier!

OMG! :blink:

I leave you ladies (and Tom - really no relation - I'm not the least bit Saxy) to your own devices...and now I may need to quit my job and come back here full-time to keep an eye on you all!

Unlike most of you (Tom might be excepted) I am growing some moobs :blink::unsure:<_< and me knickers a bit on the snug side (around the waist ;) )

FYI - Some trivial info (only a devoted husband would know) the bra in question is made by Playtex my wife swears by them (and at me if I stare!) :ph34r: She buys said OtSBH's (Over the Shoulder Boulder Holders) at Kohl's. Glad I could help. I'm all for well fitted unmentionables...Bra fitter at VS...now there's a job :rolleyes: Must...stop...now...

Carry on!

Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

I am quite excited!!

Whole Foods (of which I hear you peeps speak of alot) has come to London.

Is it worth the commute - lol and more importantly can I afford it???

....NO!!!.........don't answer that!!! :rolleyes:

Nikki

black_cat.gif

Don't be such a stranger Richard!

It's good to see you. :D

Andrea

I am quite excited!!

Um..........ok I won't answer that one. :P:ph34r:

Andrea

I am quite excited!!

Lucky you. The FTC has put the poo-poo on Whole Foods buying up Wild Oats...until it all gets sorted out Whole foods won't be expanding in the US - but will be expanding overseas. Lucky you! There isn't one in my area, but my local supermarket carries Wild Oats products.

Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

OMG!!! IT'S RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLOOOOOO!!!!!

...Sioux-zhan will be utterly gutted she missed your rare sighting and ignored the call of the (firefox 'an all) computer!!!! :lol:

FYI - Some trivial info (only a devoted husband would know) the bra in question is made by Playtex my wife swears by them (and at me if I stare!) :ph34r: She buys said OtSBH's (Over the Shoulder Boulder Holders) at Kohl's. Glad I could help. I'm all for well fitted unmentionables...Bra fitter at VS...now there's a job :rolleyes: Must...stop...now...

Thanks for the tip ;)

Unfortunately ...as you are probably aware...you are way too well endowed to join the no boob club :P

Nikki

black_cat.gif

Thanks for posting the Richard. I've been wondering what was going on with WF and WO.

Andrea

Nikki--

You will love Whole Foods! :D

Richard!!!!

Nice to see you--how'd ya like the Lost season-ender? Thanks for the bra info--Playtex is my fav for everyday, too! Very comfortable.

How are the girls--excited about summer vacation?

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev