Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

Ponderisms

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes

Garden Rule: When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

There are two kinds of pedestrians: the quick and the dead.

Life is sexually transmitted.

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Have you noticed since everyone has a camcorder these days no one talks about seeing UFOs like they used to?

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

In the 60's, people took acid t o make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its butt."

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?

Why does your OB-GYN leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Do you ever wonder why you gave me your email address?

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Bev :D

Patti hi!!! :) ..do you mean your hubby looks like David McCallum??....hot indeed!!! B)

Oh and poor Susan :angry: ..left to drink wine with Dingos :blink: (although, they are probably not bad company :lol: )

HARUMPH!!

Feeble joke today...*sigh* , lacking in inspiration AND sunshine (yes indeed Susan, sunshine IS rare in London :angry: )

A piece of string walks into a bar and orders a beer

The barman asks ''Are you eighteen??''

I'm a frayed knot

Dreadful :rolleyes: ...........

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

A piece of string walks into a bar and orders a beer

The barman asks ''Are you eighteen??''

I'm a frayed knot

Dreadful :rolleyes: ...........

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

....yes but somehow still brought a good guffaw in its silly dreadfulness :P:lol: You are just such a nutty goof, wish we could hang out ;)

BTW what is Nikki's spice name....... (stroking chin madly).......hmmmmmmmmmmm......pondering....

Sassy London Spice! Cheeky Brit spice?

ha ha, we will come up with one. ;)

and no, the dingos are actually lerv-ly company, just, now and then it would be nice to have someone ogle me for something other than FOOD or TREATS.... :blink:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

wow patti- SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hang onto that one!

Well, that's just what I did--and now the two of us are 32 years older! Nice how that works :lol:

Patti hi!!! :) ..do you mean your hubby looks like David McCallum??....hot indeed!!! B)

Hi Nikki--Yes, David McCallum! I totally forgot his name :P

But, he no longer looks like him--although who knows--Mr. McCallum is a lot older, too! :lol:

And, sadly, I'm not a size 3 anymore <_<:oB)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

and no, the dingos are actually lerv-ly company, just, now and then it would be nice to have someone ogle me for something other than FOOD or TREATS.... :blink:

:lol:

Thought I'd take a break and come over here ... seems others had the same idea. ;)

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Thought I'd take a break and come over here ... seems others had the same idea. ;)

Great minds :D

Patti

BTW what is Nikki's spice name....... (stroking chin madly).......hmmmmmmmmmmm......pondering....

Sassy London Spice! Cheeky Brit spice?

ha ha, we will come up with one. ;)

Mmmm ,how about ''fat bird spice'' :lol:

Ha, HA...well I KNOW that feeling!!!!!....Oops :o I mean, I know I'm SOOO very married an all but sometimes you feel like you're taken for granted??

SO, I'm walking home from the gym (added exersize, more fat burning!) and thinking 'have I still got IT'??

You know what I mean??? It's not that I want attention from men,...but just wondered....

Lost in my thoughts....a bloke (ummm a drunk actually, slumped in the kerb) shouts

''OI DARLIN'!!!.....ARE YOU SINGLE????....I LOVE YOUR TRAINERS!!!!!''

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

HO HUM :rolleyes:

NEW MEANINGS

coffee (n.), a person who is coughed upon.

flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.

abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.

esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.

willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.

negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your negligee.

lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.

gargoyle (n.), an olive-flavored mouthwash.

flatulence (n.), the emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.

balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.

I SEE YOU RICHARD!!!!

-----------------

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

black_cat.gif

Lost in my thoughts....a bloke (ummm a drunk actually, slumped in the kerb) shouts

Well now!!! :o

You still got it, Nikki :D

What's a trainer? :unsure:

Patti

Well now!!! :o

You still got it, Nikki :D

What's a trainer? :unsure:

A gym shoe :) ...yes but Patti - he was sooo drunk he couldn't EVEN stand!!!! (let alone SEE me clearly!!) :lol::lol:

Nikki

black_cat.gif

A gym shoe :) ...yes but Patti - he was sooo drunk he couldn't EVEN stand!!!! (let alone SEE me clearly!!) :lol::lol:

Patti

SO, I'm walking home from the gym (added exersize, more fat burning!) and thinking 'have I still got IT'??

You know what I mean??? It's not that I want attention from men,...but just wondered....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's always fun ... especially as you get older. I got hit on in the Lowes (a hardware store) parking lot yesterday. :P

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

That's always fun ... especially as you get older. I got hit on in the Lowes (a hardware store) parking lot yesterday. :P

:ph34r: ..mmm, well yes Carla!!!!...probably shouldn't enjoy it being happily married...but nice to know !!!

Now, wouldn't it be nice if your doctor sang to you from his piano during your consultation??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMpbyHvWvkk

Nikki

black_cat.gif

Now, wouldn't it be nice if your doctor sang to you from his piano during your consultation??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMpbyHvWvkk

That was funny! :P

Patti

Nikki could be Scarlet Spice- with that sense of humor and great red hair!!!!!!!! Or Sassified Spice (sassy and satisfied).

Hmm...must think more but brain is lame today!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

And, sadly, I'm not a size 3 anymore <_<:oB)

<_< don't you hate that....I enjoyed the emaciation of Celiac, and if I go back on gluten full time, I can be a size 2 again.....hmmmmm........decisions...........mental health? or 15 pounds lighter?

Yay! nice to see you here Carla....things were getting tense in Rachelville....I got scared....hold me.....where are those shirtless cops we had last summer? :rolleyes:

:lol::lol: Jsut the kind of man I like....besotted, can't stand up, can't see me, and thinks my TRAINERS (and I) are HOT!!!!!!!! ;)

Lots of 70 and 80 year old guys are staring at me now - same thing is happening to my friends the same age..... :huh: Suppose I should just find a really rich one with a bad cough? ;)

Nikki could be Scarlet Spice- with that sense of humor and great red hair!!!!!!!! Or Sassified Spice (sassy and satisfied).

Hmm...must think more but brain is lame today!

Scarlet Spice is good.....what say you Nikki?

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

Lots of 70 and 80 year old guys are staring at me now - same thing is happening to my friends the same age..... :huh: Suppose I should just find a really rich one with a bad cough? ;)

Ho ho , he better be rich ;)

Scarlet Spice is good.....what say you Nikki?

I say that's just fine darlings - (but I don't have RED HAIR!! :blink::lol: )

Nikki

black_cat.gif

I say that's just fine darlings - (but I don't have RED HAIR!! :blink::lol: )

:lol: who cares :lol::lol::lol:

somehow it seems to fit you - glamorous and spunky all at once, with a slight hint of mystery and danger...... :ph34r::P

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

:lol: who cares :lol::lol::lol:

somehow it seems to fit you - glamorous and spunky all at once, with a slight hint of mystery and danger...... :ph34r::P

*SNORT* LOL!! :lol::lol: ...you poor deluded girl......or ARE YOU????? ;)

(I am feeling quite mad tonight!! :lol: )

Nikki

black_cat.gif

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

I had to pop over hear because I didn't think Rinne usually posted here. I don't either. :lol:

I think all is calm on the Rachelville front.........

I really don't want to be here do I.......I can't keep up with another long thread. :ph34r:

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

*SNORT* LOL!! :lol::lol: ...you poor deluded girl......or ARE YOU????? ;)

(I am feeling quite mad tonight!! :lol: )

*GUFFAW* *snigger* I LERVE it when Nikki feels mad! :lol: I am feeling a bit mad myself! Why, I have just realized, it is nearly midnight your time......you ARE mad this evening, aren't you? :lol:

RINNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and there she is with a sprinkle of her faerie magic of just the simple :lol: face

Nice to see you! ;)

I had to pop over hear because I didn't think Rinne usually posted here. I don't either. :lol:

I really don't want to be here do I.......I can't keep up with another long thread. :ph34r:

:blink: hardly anything to keep up with - - VERRRRRRY low-stress pure goofball thread - - just pop in and say hallooooooooooo when you feel like it! ;) So nice to see you here!

[but please know this - - we are the naughty children of Celiac.com, banished to be amongst ourselves, rather Lord of the Flies-like, left to our own devices here, alone and largely ignored]

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

[but please know this - - we are the naughty children of Celiac.com, banished to be amongst ourselves, rather Lord of the Flies-like, left to our own devices here, alone and largely ignored]

Susie- You are killing me tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Lyme- you'll get skinny! My underwear is getting too big (lost 25 pds since January).

Dearest Nikki- Are you blonde? Strawberry Blonde?

And yes- we are very naughty over here. Luckily it seems to go unnoticed and no one ever reports us MOO HOO AHHH HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Susie- You are killing me tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Lyme- you'll get skinny! My underwear is getting too big (lost 25 pds since January).

And yes- we are very naughty over here. Luckily it seems to go unnoticed and no one ever reports us MOO HOO AHHH HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: and you are killing ME you silly Lymie.

Yes, no one reports us :lol: I think they read a sentence or two, and cannot get their cursor to get them out of here fast enough.....they don't even want it known that they were ON this thread...

MOO HOOO HOO AHHH HA HA indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lyme Diet.......Susie thinks that is not such a good way to lose weight..... :huh::P

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

...and can I point out it is YOUR turn for the language faux pas!!..as the noun 'spunk' has QUITE the different meaning here in dear ol' blighty :o:ph34r::lol:

Oh HECK :o:o:o

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp...8&dict=CALD

EWWWW!!!

Bunch of nutters,...best avoided.....

I am a fetching shade of mousy dark blonde <_< ..how dull....so I colour it within an inch of its life!!....(although, it's a close call with the red head thing - one of my boys has red eyelashes :ph34r: )

..Poor you Bev ...having to endure not only Lyme but BAGGY KNICKERS too!! :o ....that will NEVER do.. <_<

Stupid Lyme :angry:

A rare but sunny day here.....must get out in the garden a bare some flesh (EWWW!! :ph34r: ) as it's the only way us Northern Hemisphere peeps can get our Vit D!! :lol: (- yes, mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the Midday sun :rolleyes: )

It's Terry's (hubby) birthday today (43 yrs young) and he has already cracked open a glass of wine....bless him...he will be asleep by 7pm as he can't get his head round the fact that he CANNOT drink everyone under the table like the pre c.d days and NOT absorbing :lol::lol:

Nikki

black_cat.gif

I really don't want to be here do I......

:lol::lol: ..you made me laugh Andrea!!

Nikki

black_cat.gif