This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Im Freaked Out :(

Lister

Lister Rising Star

so there is a chance i may finally have a answer for my constant health probelms (including my mysteries stomich problems) and its not a good answer...... im so freaked out right now its not even funny

my ex-gluten-free has been sick recently and a wierd lesion hole thing showed up on the back of her tonsel its a very wierd infection and she had it once before about 2 years ago, its causing a soar throat but nothing else. she went to the doctor today and because of the type of infection it is and without any other symptoms the doctor desided to tell her it has a possibility of beeing hiv related. So they drew her blood and we are waiting on the results.. but for a doctor to even suggest something of that nature im completly freaked out.. and now we have to wait for the results so i cant stop dwelling. she told me not to tell anyone but i figure this way is confendential and i get it off my chest because im seriusly pulling hairs at this.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'd be scared, too. I'll pray it turns out negative ... no matter what you have, that's NOT the answer you want!

Lisa Mentor

Lister:

Take a deep breath and another. Take one day at a time. Get a good night sleep and see what tomorrow will bring.

Thinkin about you.

Mango04 Enthusiast

Sorry Lister :(. Try not to freak out too much. Everything might turn out completely okay. I'll be hoping for you that it does.

Guhlia Rising Star

Lister, I know this must be incredibly hard for you. Please remember that we are your friends and we're here for you, Celiac or not. You can tell us anything. If ever need a shoulder to cry on, we will be there for you. If you need to share a laugh, we will be there for you. You don't have to do this alone. Please let us know the results of her test when you get them. I will say a prayer for you and your ex-girlfriend. I hope things turn out well for you. Keep in touch.

Guest AutumnE

Im sorry you are dealing with this. I had a scare also. My ex from years ago cheated on me with a stripper, drug addicted also :angry: He said he was tested and was fine. I called them and they said to have me come in to get tested even if his came back fine because the antibodies is what is picked up and people develop antibodies at different rates.

I went to the health dept since it was anonymous and was so thankful when two weeks later it came back negative. I would get yourself checked too just to make sure.

Also just repeating what others have said, remember we are here for you.

I'll be praying for you and your ex-girlfriend.

Lister Rising Star

if she does (hope to god not) but if she does is it 100% i have it? i figure so since we were together for 3 years

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest AutumnE

No its not 100% Magic Johnson had it and his wife and daughter did not and obviously their sex was unprotected since she became pregnant with their daughter.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Lister, I will keep you in my thoughts and in my prayers.

If it makes you feel any better I had alot of the same symptoms you do and I dont have AIDS.

The first time I got in to see a GI he didnt test me for any of the things I thought he would test me for...instead he asked me if I'd been tested for AIDS. He gave me a paper and sent me to be tested.

I was really scared even though deep down I knew it wasnt that...and I'm at low risk for getting AIDS...but its still BY FAR the scariest test I had the entire time I've been sick. So I definately know how you're feeling. :(

Also....dont be alarmed when they call her and tell her she needs to come in because they have the results. This is standard....they will not give results over the phone. Thats what happened to me and I freaked because they wouldnt tell me it was negative...they told me they needed to see me. I was almost crying. It was scary....but I was negative and I pray that your ex is too.

Generic Apprentice

And remember Dr.s are wrong ALL the time. If I would have tested positive for all the things they thought I had, I think I would be died years ago. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

-Laurie

Lister Rising Star

im going to die just waiting for the results. its eating at me so bad i got no sleep last night. im so scared. i desided to do a search for most common symptoms and every single one on the list i have besides constant thrush other then that i match it 100% so im even more freaked out now YAY

i can not stop crying and thinking about it. and i do not even no the results yet but for some reason in my mind all i can think is its positive. i dont even know what i will do if it shows up positive,... i was finally turning around my life and now this.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Lister,

I'm so sorry about all of this. I will keep you and your ex girlfriend in my thoughts and prayers.

Remember that most of what we worry about never actually happens.

Guhlia Rising Star

Do you know when she will be getting the results back?

Keep in mind that probably all of your symptoms that match up to HIV symptoms could also be the product of other issues. Plus, if I recall correctly, you do have other symptoms that don't match up with HIV symptoms. Keep that in mind throughout this whole process. It's likely that you don't have HIV and that your symptoms could all be attributed to other things.

I know it's hard, but try to relax. If you're really worried, you may want to contact clinics in your area to find out who does free or low cost HIV testing. It might be worth it to ease your mind to get yourself tested whether or not she's positive. Also keep in mind that HIV is much more frequently passed from male to female than it is passed from female to male so if she has it it's certainly not a given that you have it. Even if she does test positive, it's likely that you didn't contract it, especially if you used protection regularly.

Again, we're all here for you.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Lister, it's normal to think the worst and to convince yourself that the worst HAS to be true. Try to stop thinking about it and definately stop reading about it ... that probably isn't helping you ... I know that it's impossible not to think about it at all, but try to keep busy with something other than dwelling on it.

debmidge Rising Star

Lister: I barely believe in God anymore but I will definitely say a prayer for you to have peace of mind and hope before I go to bed tonight. HIV is not 100% definite as someone mentioned earlier.

D.

amybeth Enthusiast

Hi, Lister!

Hopefully today is a little bit better for you than yesterday......my only advice was try to avoid looking up symptoms and self-diagnosing......a friend of mine had herself fully convinced once that she had a rare tropical disease.......because she found a list of symptoms on-line

(she actually had the flu)

when you're preparing for the worst it's easy to fall into that "Oh my gosh, that describes me perfectly" mentality.

Save yourself the additional heartache and try to avoid it.

If her results are going to take a while, I would go ahead and get myself tested in the meantime. That's the most positive step you can take right now. I think they'll do it for free, but I'm not certain.

If you're still looking focus on your job search and maybe it will keep your mind as preoccupied as possible until you hear back from her.

Although right now your anxiety level must be very high - it was nice of her to let you know the circumstances. That must have been difficult for her to do.

Thinking of you.

Adelle Enthusiast

I'm not gonna tell you to calm down... Cause I know u won't.

HIV has as many varied symptoms as Celiac. HIV "symptoms" can be atributed to a million other things! Docs often want to test for HIV as a rather safe than sorry thing. I had a friend who had unprotected sex with her partner for years before they found out he was positive. She was negative (I lost contact with them when they moved to another state). So even if she does have it, you probably don't. And even if you do, we're all here for you. I'm sending all the good vibes I've got your way. *hugs*

amybeth Enthusiast

Lister,

How are you doing? Just checking in.

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Lister - I just read this post, and as so many others have said, don't freak out. There are so many symptoms that are common to so many things. Just like with celiac. Think how many of those symptoms can be the same for a zillion other things.

Please keep us posted. I will definately be thinking of you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guhlia Rising Star

Has anyone heard from Lister since this post? I was wondering how he was doing and how his ex's test results turned out.

Mango04 Enthusiast
Has anyone heard from Lister since this post? I was wondering how he was doing and how his ex's test results turned out.

I was wondering too. Come back Lister and let us know how you're doing...

Archived