Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green12

Outside The Breadbox

I don't know if this bakery and their products have been mentioned before but I wanted to put it out there, and they definitely get my thumbs up.

They are a dedicated gluten free and nut free facility out of Colorado Springs. Right now the products can be purchased at several locations throughout Colorado, and in a few stores in NJ, UT, IA, and WA. Products can also be ordered.

Since I have additional food allergies/intolerances I like the fact that they offer dairy free, casein free, soy free, yeast free, and corn free options as well.

Here is thier website: Outside the Breadbox

There you can find lots of info about their facility, products and ingredient lists, where to purchase and how to order.

Out of all that I have tried I especially love the multi-grain bagels, all the crackers, the ginger and snickerdoodle cookies, and the graham crackers.

thanks for the link, i will have to look into it come payday :D

i need some great gluten-free crackers!!

thanks for the link, i will have to look into it come payday :D

i need some great gluten-free crackers!!

The items are a little pricey unfortunately, but it's so nice when I have a craving for a bagel to actually be able to eat one, gluten-free and all!!

And the crackers imo are fabulous, again so nice when entertaining or around the holidays to have a nice tray of crackers and dips, and assorted cheeses, nobody even misses the gluten.

My gluten eating family love these products too, they comment how they can't believe they are made with rice.

I like their Italian flavored croutons and their apple pie. There's a little too much cinnamon in their apple pie, but it is so delicious I will always purchase it. Their graham crackers look good, but they have dairy in them,so I have to pass on them.

Awesome! Thanks for finding this!!! I live in Colorado and very close to the Arvada Vitamin Cottage. The web site say their delivery day is Friday there so I'll have to check out the goodies. I've been looking for a graham cracker for DD. YAY! She'll be PSYCHED!

Awesome! Thanks for finding this!!! I live in Colorado and very close to the Arvada Vitamin Cottage. The web site say their delivery day is Friday there so I'll have to check out the goodies. I've been looking for a graham cracker for DD. YAY! She'll be PSYCHED!

You might not have any problem getting a bag of graham crackers, but at the Vitamin Cottages I shop at they usually clear out of everything that was delivered that same day, very popular products. I have called before and had the store put the items I wanted on hold for me and they were more than happy to do it.

Also, I have found that the different Vitamin Cottages carry different things from OTB, so if they don't get the graham crackers at your specific store call them and put in a special order, they are more than happy to do that as well.

p.s. I made smores with the graham crackers for the family at memorial weekend and they were great!!

You're right about the selection of products. I shop Vitamin Cottage in Monument and just saw the graham crackers last week. I believe they had butter in them, so I cannot eat them without discomfort. Vitamin Cottage seems to have much lower prices on gluten free foods than Whole Foods and Wild Oats.

Yes, VC tends to be cheaper for gluten-free items.

Make sure to repackage OTB's crackers immediately after purchase, especially graham crackers. They go soggy/stale very fast if you don't!