Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dying for some pillsbury cinnamon rolls from the can! LOL!

are there any alternatives?

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have gotten cinnamon buns through The Grainless Baker, which you might be able to find if you live in PA-NJ-NY area. They are sold through healthfood stores. Their products are wonderful.

If not and you enjoy cooking..... I am sure one of our other members might have a homemade recipe that they use. I am not much help in that area.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Kinnikinnick also makes some great cinnamon rolls; when I still ate dairy, I used to put Philadelphia cream cheese on top--yum!

I can get Kinnikinnick in some local health food stores, and what I can't get locally, I order from their website.

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

I have a wonderful recipe. It is a bit time-consuming because it has to sit in the fridge over night. But the results are GREAT. Let me know if you want it, and I can post it on here.

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Please post your recipe. I'd like to have it.

Thanks!

I have a wonderful recipe. It is a bit time-consuming because it has to sit in the fridge over night. But the results are GREAT. Let me know if you want it, and I can post it on here.

ptkds

Osteoporosis, and sacroiliac arthritis diagnosed 32 yrs of age.  Chronic low wbc, Severe constipation, Migraines, severe GERD, multiple miscarriages, Sjrogen's disease, positive ANA, thyroid nodules (hyperthryoid), fatty liver disease with elevated enzymes, low vitamin D, low protein, IBS, SIBO, Discoid lupus, mulitple food allergies and massive hair loss.  I left my career because I was too sick to keep working, and it was devastating because I couldn't apply for disability without a diagnosis.  My daughter was a preemie and she has Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and had a positive ANA and Rheumatoid Factor at 16 and now has been dx'd with Hashimoto's.

Allergic to:  corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, dairy.  Not diagnosed as celiac.

Ok, here is the recipe. I don't remember where I got it, but it was somewhere off the internet. I have to make a double batch because these go so quick!

Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls

ptkds

DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Kinnikinnick ones...small, pricy, but soooo good.

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

To me, cinnamon buns were always an excuse to have the warm, gooey, cinnamon sugar and the cream cheese icing!

Seems to me, that wonderful flax skillet bread recipe that someone posted a few weeks ago (the one I've been making 3 times a week ever since: http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=39932) would work well--just add more sugar to the basic recipe, drop big gobs onto a greased baking sheet, top with cinnamon sugar (and maybe pecans, hmmm), bake, and ice with cream cheese icing.

Roben Ryberg's biscuit recipe would also work well.

Man, I'm getting hungry.... :rolleyes:

dying for some pillsbury cinnamon rolls from the can! LOL! are there any alternatives?

bbs,

I've been craving Grands biscuits. :P

Last year, before I was diagnosed, every time we would have Grands, eggs, sausage (or bacon, or linkies), I would feel ill afterwards. Having never heard of Celiac, I suspected a sudden intolerance to eggs. Or perhaps the Grands being so rich, especially with butter and syrup. Now of course, I know it was the biscuits. Damn the bad luck!

I've been eating the gluten-free waffles. They're OK, but no Grands.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

Ok, here is the recipe. I don't remember where I got it, but it was somewhere off the internet. I have to make a double batch because these go so quick!

Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

I use Bette Hagmans basic gluten-free mix. It is: 2 parts rice flour, 2/3 part potato starch, 1/3 part tapioca starch (6 cups rice flour, 2 cups potato starch, 1 cup tapioca starch). I only use Asian rice flour

I use this mix for most of my cooking since I cook so much and I can't afford the premade mixes!

ptkds

ptkds

I use Bette Hagmans basic gluten-free mix. It is: 2 parts rice flour, 2/3 part potato starch, 1/3 part tapioca starch (6 cups rice flour, 2 cups potato starch, 1 cup tapioca starch). I only use Asian rice flour

I use this mix for most of my cooking since I cook so much and I can't afford the premade mixes!

ptkds

Celiac Specialties in Chesterfield Twp Michigan makes rally wonderful buns...donuts too!! They ship daily but they are a bit pricey..