This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Candida Diet

confused

scotty Explorer

all the information helps tremendously. FYI though i have been on meats and veggies for about--since June '07 now. perhaps was a bad idea to try the antifungals and probiotics back when. i am taking it slowly this time. i have had die off and have had it spread in that rashy reactions have surfaced in different areas of my body not as great now though certain foods do cause a reaction, which kind of leads me here. i can only eat fish as my meat without a reaction or a miserable feeling. i am back to trying different veggies but some were causing reactions there. i had NO carbs until about beg. of December last year since i went on the diet. gradually might have been the carbs, but i got messed up and i'm back to square one as we speak. i guess with my prior experiences i am a little skeptical so to speak. mostly, i just need some guidance here. i can't find a Naturopath immediately. thought i had one yesterday, but she was Homeopath. huge difference. she was gypsy for all i am concerned. anyway, still searching. once i can afford it the fillings are coming out!! if not to just be sure i guess. i'm completely organic. i drink bottled water. i cook everything. have my own stuff though live at parents (and just want enough strength to get on my own--if not to just be sure kwim). i think i am at a level where i need to figure out the why part. cuz i generally feel i am not coming fully out of this at the moment. i'm just hoping to be able to bounce questions off some real experts who are going through this. general comparisons make one feel like they are not alone in this.

so what i have started is antifungals (pau D' arco). two in the morning. meats (well fish) and veggies. i may try to keep a carb as well. any suggestions...i thought about like trying a goats milk or something. i generally am quite poor with vitamins they give energy but tear me apart, but i need some. i could porbably use calcium.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aprilh Apprentice

Scotty,

I wouldn't drink any dairy at all right now including goat. It just too mucous forming and your body's lymph system is probably already overwhelmed.

Here is what worked for me:

Daily - dry skin brushing at least 2 x per day

Detox baths daily when dealing with die off

activated charcoal at night before bed (when dealing with die off)

Acupuncture has really helped me (my most recent thing!) balance my organs and restore normal blood flow and "chi".

Juicing - I have used this to try and get my minerals and vitamins

Be careful with the Pau d'arco. It is a good antifungal so take it slow. If you start to feel bad back off and do any of the above. The more the better.

Some ND's practice homeopathy along with. I think you are right though...I don't think homeopathy alone with help a lot with this.

If you want to PM me your city and state I can do a search for an ND for you.

April

PS you could probably use some digestive enzymes. That might be why you have a hard time digesting any meats but fish. I took digestive enzymes for a while and they really seemed to help. I also have used Braggs apple cider vinegar as a digestive aid. Helps increase the acidity in the stomach. Sometimes a shot after dinner really helps.

scotty Explorer
Scotty,

I wouldn't drink any dairy at all right now including goat. It just too mucous forming and your body's lymph system is probably already overwhelmed.

Here is what worked for me:

Daily - dry skin brushing at least 2 x per day

Detox baths daily when dealing with die off

activated charcoal at night before bed (when dealing with die off)

Acupuncture has really helped me (my most recent thing!) balance my organs and restore normal blood flow and "chi".

Juicing - I have used this to try and get my minerals and vitamins

Be careful with the Pau d'arco. It is a good antifungal so take it slow. If you start to feel bad back off and do any of the above. The more the better.

Some ND's practice homeopathy along with. I think you are right though...I don't think homeopathy alone with help a lot with this.

If you want to PM me your city and state I can do a search for an ND for you.

April

PS you could probably use some digestive enzymes. That might be why you have a hard time digesting any meats but fish. I took digestive enzymes for a while and they really seemed to help. I also have used Braggs apple cider vinegar as a digestive aid. Helps increase the acidity in the stomach. Sometimes a shot after dinner really helps.

april,

wow that was alot of different things. i dont have a clue about....let me see here

dry brushing?

i assume juicing would be blending or pureeing veggies and fuits maybe; should i cook them would that help. i dont have a juicer was thinking of getting a blender though to feed like a baby you know

as far as the pau d' arco and probiotics and all that stuff i'm not sure what feeling bad is cuz i always feel bad. it is hard to recognize the difference i guess. my nose runs everytime i eat i tell you that much. i dont get flu or cold like symptons when i take them. the only time that happpens is 12-18 hours after eating something i think. some nights my throat get sore, back of my tongue gets fungy. they usually make me feel good at first then my kidneys or something start hurting i mean to the point if i am in the car i got troubles and pain. i need diapers i swear but mostly for the urination. very rarily do i feel the urge to poop in public anymore -thank god! could have been what i was eating back when though that flared everything around my hips. have to see how it goes this time around.

i dont think i want to be increasing acidity. i have many similar symptons to IC. things like cirtic acid, vitamin C, vitamins in general flare me up, maybe is why supplements do and even veggies. so no apple cider vinegar. i tried that once....when i first started my gluten-free candida dieting, big big gut wrenching pain. not sure if enzymes would be right then, but i always get into the 'what kind?' is for me crisis. just have to try some.

i searched for an ND anywhere near NW ohio, SE michigan.....not much success. you have a better search engine then i am aware of.

scotty

aprilh Apprentice

Here is some info on dry skin brushing Open Original Shared Link Its a pretty easy thing to do at home. You can get these brushes at the health food store.

Juicing - I use a juicer but you can make a green drink in the blender. I saw Dr. Oz do it on the Oprah show. He took

Spinach leaves

celery

green apple (may need to omit due to your high sensitivity to any sugars)

lemon juice

lime juice

cucumber

He blended and drink. This is very alkalizing and cleansing. If you can add a few sprigs of parsley - that helps cleanse the blood.

You could puree veggies if that helps you digest easier. I frequently puree veggies to hide them in other foods for my kids. So they don't know they are getting them :)

Be sure you drink lots of water and if you can handle it lemon water is very cleansing and helps support the kidneys and liver. Dandelion tea helps support the liver.

Wonder if a castor oil pack on the lower abdomen would help move some of the lymph stagnation??

Here is a Open Original Shared Link

Have you tried this search? Open Original Shared Link

psipsina Rookie
i searched for an ND anywhere near NW ohio, SE michigan.....not much success. you have a better search engine then i am aware of.

scotty

Ohio: Open Original Shared Link

Michigan:

Open Original Shared Link

scotty Explorer

thanks for the help. seems i got a lot of searching, researching, phone calling and driving ahead of me to try and figure this out.

this is starting to get worse already. like the antifungals are giving me leaky gut. i feel like everything i am eating is going straight to bladder, which feels all swelled or whatever. my belly is full but my body is starving!! i will just pee it all out. 3 times before lunch. i'm not sure if this is die-off effects or not. i'm curious to see if this is any different this time around. i know this moring after eating and taking my pills i was literally dripping it out getting ready to shower and my lower back felt clogged up, sore (well now it has softened and just feels clogged, overloaded.....i got to pee... see what happens here). i feel extra ravenous stomach grumbling growls and my face is caving in. i am developing that hardness around my right testicle again. i wonder though if i keep the doses where they are and stick with the same foods avoiding foods that caused problems and may have added to the discomfort before. ugh these drastic changes seemingly every minute

moldlady Rookie
thanks for the help. seems i got a lot of searching, researching, phone calling and driving ahead of me to try and figure this out.

this is starting to get worse already. like the antifungals are giving me leaky gut. i feel like everything i am eating is going straight to bladder, which feels all swelled or whatever. my belly is full but my body is starving!! i will just pee it all out. 3 times before lunch. i'm not sure if this is die-off effects or not. i'm curious to see if this is any different this time around. i know this moring after eating and taking my pills i was literally dripping it out getting ready to shower and my lower back felt clogged up, sore (well now it has softened and just feels clogged, overloaded.....i got to pee... see what happens here). i feel extra ravenous stomach grumbling growls and my face is caving in. i am developing that hardness around my right testicle again. i wonder though if i keep the doses where they are and stick with the same foods avoiding foods that caused problems and may have added to the discomfort before. ugh these drastic changes seemingly every minute

Having to pee that often is not right. Do you think you are emptying the bladder each time? If not, could have something swollen there. If you know what I mean. Otherwise, bladder may be a bit inflammed and any little bit that gets in there you must empty. It could also be a sign of diabetes if you have ever had that.

Going on a gluten free and candida type diet should help all of these things.

ML :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

scotty Explorer
Having to pee that often is not right. Do you think you are emptying the bladder each time? If not, could have something swollen there. If you know what I mean. Otherwise, bladder may be a bit inflammed and any little bit that gets in there you must empty. It could also be a sign of diabetes if you have ever had that.

Going on a gluten free and candida type diet should help all of these things.

ML :)

you know that is what everyone says about my frequent urination. DIABETES. but i have had my blood checked and recheked. always fine. my step-father has it and has the equipment i have used several times....fine. i must say it feels like i empty it each time. i dont feel like i have to go again for a couple hours anyway. i know when i do feel it i usually have to right away. or there will be these contractions forcing their way out. like i dont have control. varies--has been every hour, every 3 or 2 sometimes i make long stretches; seemed as though when i was reintroduced carbs it worked the best, like i had some control, softened it...not sure? i know certain times i can feel whatever i eat wash over my belly so to speak. like feeding a blakhole. instead of my starving body getting it i can feel it run straight past my stomach straight past my intestines right into my bladder which drips (internally feeling)....couple minutes--again--again...

i have been on a gluten free-candida diet since June '07. i have eaten veggies and meat since then anyway. i use salt (uniodized). safflower oil. had a recent success with carbs but had an even more recent need to remove them. most of the innumerous veggies i have gone through do not provide energy as i am eating, like some vacancy; while others i can actually feel doing things, positive things; still others do positive things then just ruin me or show up as red hatchings around my chest and sides. chicken glutens me. poultry glutens me. red meats gluten me. some fish glutens me, but finding success now with 4 or 5 that are at least holding my head above water. i dont cheat. every time i do i get messed up (so i just lied there); but i am very strict since June '07 when i started the candida diet with my couple months of gluten free diet back then in June '07. to be quite honest---that which is not on the candida lists scares the hell out of me

aprilh Apprentice

Scotty,

Have you had your prostate checked? You could be having a swollen prostate which is partially blocking the urinary tract OR you could be having bladder spasms. Either one can be treated. Saw Palmetto is a good herb for the prostate along with lots of water and limit carbs such as sugars and grains.

For bladder spasms you could take a good magnesium supplement. Either Magnesium Citrate or Taurate - just avoid the oxide because it just usually goes to the gut.

Also, you might consider backing off on the pau d'arco or going every other day with it. Your body sounds overwhelmed, I must say.

Another suggestion is to take an epsom salt bath. The magnesium in the epsom salts will help relax the urinary tract and pull out any toxins that might be assisting in this.

If you can drink some lemon water everyday to cleanse the kidneys and liver.

A good acupuncturist would be very good at pinpointing which organs are "blocked" by checking your 5 pulses. Then the treatment would help open up the blocked areas. This has worked VERY well for me. A lot of my symptoms have diminished.

Once you have a couple of treatments then your body will hopefully be stronger to resume killing off the candida.

I hope you feel better soon!

aprilh Apprentice

Oh, I just wanted to say, reactions to many different foods like that is a sign of leaky gut.

Your first line of attack should be to heal leaky gut. L-Glutamine.

scotty Explorer

must have been the cucumbers yesterday morning cuz i took the same dose of pau d' arco and different reaction here with a different foods. cucumbers are weird they give me good energy but darn near give me D; they must have been what wanted to come out so eagerly. and i have been eating them off and on for awhile. another food i will just have to cut thats all there is to it.

i picked up some L-Glutamine. see how that goes. and after a few days i will try this enzyme powder i got as well...i got to get my own place--last night came home to another mexican dinner with tortillas in the air. my mother, lover her dearly and she tries and she cleans the entire kitchen afterward spotless. and i was turning around by the time i got home; but could feel the torilla air burn into my nostrils and brain. a little looseness to larger than anticipated stool this morning not to mention a dragged feeling all the way up until i left for work this morning. in the car that heaviness began to lift. i am sure that is holding me back, does not explain everything, but in a place that loves their German pancakes and mexican dinners and general sweet treats baked in the oven...i got to eliminate all factors to get to the bottom of this.

anyone want to co-sign my rent just in case i move and actually get worse so i can't make work to pay for rent let alone the innumerous gypsy doctors i am going to have to go through? :)

confused Community Regular

Ok i need advice lol, i went to get the pau d'arco tea and they didnt have it but htey had teh herb, so now i need to know what i do to make it into tea lol. I was so mad they didnt have l-glutamate, it wont be in til next week, why is it my stuff is never available lol

paula

aprilh Apprentice
Ok i need advice lol, i went to get the pau d'arco tea and they didnt have it but htey had teh herb, so now i need to know what i do to make it into tea lol. I was so mad they didnt have l-glutamate, it wont be in til next week, why is it my stuff is never available lol

paula

Do you mean it was in pill form or actually in plant form? I have never seen it in plant form :)

Do you mean it was in pill form or actually in plant form? I have never seen it in plant form :)

Its just the bark. She said to put like an tespon in a cup and make tea, but that is all she said. I guess i should be happy cause at least it is in pure form but i still dont know if i want to it or not lol

paula

aprilh Apprentice
Its just the bark. She said to put like an tespon in a cup and make tea, but that is all she said. I guess i should be happy cause at least it is in pure form but i still dont know if i want to it or not lol

paula

You'll need to simmer it for about 5-10 minutes. That will extract the properties from the bark. Then strain and drink. That sounds good!

You'll need to simmer it for about 5-10 minutes. That will extract the properties from the bark. Then strain and drink. That sounds good!

Ok ty, do u think i can make an big batch and save it for like a few days, or should i do one cup serving a time. Im going to start off slow since a side effect is naseau, i dont want to feel real pukey the first time lol

paula

covsooze Enthusiast

Hello everyone :)

My test results from my new dr came back - my adrenals are almost totally exhausted and my candida antibodies were off the scale :o:ph34r: So I guess I'm going to be hanging around this thread lol!

My dr is having me start on flucanazole for 4 weeks, then go onto natural antifungals. I have a couple of questions:

should I start taking probiotics straight away, and how many should I take? I was planning on taking them all in one go last thing at night.

Is there anyone here on the diet who has problems keeping weight on? That's me and whenever I've tried elimination or anti-candida diets in the past, Ive lost weight really quickly due to the low amounts of starch, despite eating loads of allowed foods. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

Susie

scotty Explorer
Hello everyone :)

My test results from my new dr came back - my adrenals are almost totally exhausted and my candida antibodies were off the scale :o:ph34r: So I guess I'm going to be hanging around this thread lol!

My dr is having me start on flucanazole for 4 weeks, then go onto natural antifungals. I have a couple of questions:

should I start taking probiotics straight away, and how many should I take? I was planning on taking them all in one go last thing at night.

Is there anyone here on the diet who has problems keeping weight on? That's me and whenever I've tried elimination or anti-candida diets in the past, Ive lost weight really quickly due to the low amounts of starch, despite eating loads of allowed foods. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

Susie

i have not been able to gain weight at all going on a year now. the more i eat the worse it gets. so i have to eat small amounts, which i think is the best thing. as of now i have less of a requirement to be so active so i can eat less without feeling as though i am burning everyting off. when i was like that i was shoving everything down to try and heal as fast as i could so i could have the energy to work in a warehouse that is. i was taking nearly a bottles worth of antifungals and probiotics a week! not good idea. now i am doing twi caps antifungals and two 1/2 teaspoon shots of L-glutamine a day; which feels (the L-glutamine) just marvelous; like some wonder healer. small doses. i am told, take it slow and even start below the recommended dose working your way up and if something has a positive effect add to it; don't increase, add something else. a negative effect, eliminate it. i eat fish and caulflower with safflower oil and everyone in this office thinks it is sauerkraut every day. i can't smell it let alone taste it, but it seems to agree with me ;)

aprilh Apprentice

Susie & Scotty,

I always have trouble with weight in the Other direction :(

I have heard either way that this can be due to the liver. Check out www.liverdoctor.com

Also, the candida takes a lot of our nutrients away. So that doesn't help.

Paula,

I think it would be fine if you made a few days worth of tea. I have done that before as well.

Susie,

I think it would be fine to take a probiotic away from the antifungal. Maybe at night before bed and the antifungal in the a.m.

Most people I know that are on antifungals do both at different times of course.

covsooze Enthusiast

Thanks Scotty and Paula :)

Is l-glutamine OK for coeliacs? I'm very very sensitive to gluten, so if it's connected to gluten at all, I'd rather not go there.

Fish and cauliflower :blink: Doesn't take much cauliflower for me to be clearing the room lol!!

I think you're right about eating smaller amounts more frequently. That's what's recommended for adrenal issues anyway, so I think my diet is going to have to change very radically...

Thanks Scotty and Paula :)

Is l-glutamine OK for coeliacs? I'm very very sensitive to gluten, so if it's connected to gluten at all, I'd rather not go there.

Fish and cauliflower :blink: Doesn't take much cauliflower for me to be clearing the room lol!!

I think you're right about eating smaller amounts more frequently. That's what's recommended for adrenal issues anyway, so I think my diet is going to have to change very radically...

I just ordered some l-glutamine and she said it was gluten free, it comes in 500 mg and 1000mg, and i aksed for the 500 mg, i figure if i want 1000 i can take 2 500 mg capsules lol. I hear it is perfect ofr celiacs from the reseach i did, i researched everything i ordered for hours yesteraday to make sure.

I have been on the diet since jan 5th and am now just starting to want to supplement, i like taking baby steps with my body and it has worked great for me.

paula

covsooze Enthusiast

Thanks Paula :) It's really great to have your encouragement, because I've never been able to stick at an anti-candida diet before. The die-off symptom I get is really bad depression (I suffer from depression anyway). I think now I've had an actual test that shows scientifically it's an issue for me, I should be able to stick at it. Another benefit to me of having the test is that DH is much more supportive this time round. Plus it helps that I've now got professional support too...we'll see whether I'm still positive in a week's time when the die-off starts lol!

scotty Explorer
The die-off symptom I get is really bad depression (I suffer from depression anyway). I think now I've had an actual test that shows scientifically it's an issue for me,
loraleena Contributor

Scotty, the symptoms of your bladder sound like Intersticial Cytstitis. A lot of us have that on here. It is an autoimmune condition affecting the bladder. I however believe it is candida related. Maybe you are having die off in your bladder. check out the intersticial cystitis thread on related conditions.

num1habsfan Rising Star

I don't have the time or energy to read through all of these posts/pages, but I'm hoping some of you will be willing to give me guideliness. I asked about it in the Related Disorders and Research section but the few that replied pretty much said check out this one instead.

So I really need some info on a diet to help Esophogitis, that doesn't conflict with my Celiac-Lacrose intollerant-Crohn's-Gallbladder diet and doesn't force me to starve, either :unsure:

~ Lisa ~

Archived