This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

New Years Resolutions

blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Happy New year Everyone!!! We made it another year!

So as we say goodbye to 2007....which went very quickly might I add...Just wondering what goals everyone has set for 2008?

John and I are going to join the gym at work and try to get into shape....we have both put on some lbs over the years.

We are also going to start saving money for a home of our own...very big goal.

We are also going to try to start our family this year which is a very special goal for us and I know some members know that :)

So feel free to share your goals and resolutions for the coming year :):)

Have a safe and happy New Years Eve tonight too!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confused Community Regular

This year is going to be all about me lol

1. Figure out what is causing my other health problems.

2. get in shape

3. take some college classes to get my mind working again

then after i acheive these

4. be a better mom

5.have more patience

6. adopt my stepson (might happen the 8th, keep fingers crossed)

7 get my stepson healthy

8, talk hubby into get an reversal, i want one more kid (id oubt this will happen but i can dream right lol_

paula

Rosebud710 Apprentice

Great Thread :D !

Well, I'm going to be more organized and this year I will stick to it!!

I run and do cardio but this year I'm going to add resistance training to my work-outs!

I just finished school and I'm setting a goal to take the certification test in February. Which means I will have to set aside some time everyday to study.

Have a Happy New Year Everyone!!

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Been giving this some thought for a little while. These aren't so much resolutions/goals as wishes for the upcoming year.

1. Quit smoking - for good this time.

2. Finally get a dx for all this various health stuff.

3. Get better quality doctors who actually care about their patients and take them seriously. (will probably have an easier time quitting smoking than achieving this one, but hope is what keeps me going)

4. Start taking the dog for walks in the park again. We could both use the exercise.

5. Find my motivation. Dunno where I left it, but its around somewhere.

6. Reconnect with friends I've let drop by the wayside.

7. Take people up on their offers of help or for social things.

8. Cook more often and become more adventurous with trying new recipes.

Happy New Year!!!

This year is going to be all about me lol

1. Figure out what is causing my other health problems.

2. get in shape

3. take some college classes to get my mind working again

then after i acheive these

4. be a better mom

5.have more patience

6. adopt my stepson (might happen the 8th, keep fingers crossed)

7 get my stepson healthy

8, talk hubby into get an reversal, i want one more kid (id oubt this will happen but i can dream right lol_

paula

Paula-I will keep both the adoption and the reversal in my thoughts for you....with John having high dose chemo our odds for a child have been cut very small....and we both want it very bad...So I know where you are coming from :)

confused Community Regular
Paula-I will keep both the adoption and the reversal in my thoughts for you....with John having high dose chemo our odds for a child have been cut very small....and we both want it very bad...So I know where you are coming from :)

I believe you will have an baby, cause i know what wonderful and caring parents you both would be. Even if there is just 1 percent chance of you getting pregnant, then i know it will happen. just let nature take its course. I cant wait to hear those words from you that you are pregnant.

paula

I believe you will have an baby, cause i know what wonderful and caring parents you both would be. Even if there is just 1 percent chance of you getting pregnant, then i know it will happen. just let nature take its course. I cant wait to hear those words from you that you are pregnant.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Offthegrid Explorer

Happy New Year everyone!

1. I want to continue the path to health. Starting the Specific Carbohydrate Diet might be part of that plan. I am having mild symptoms to virtually every starch. :o

2. Get under 190 pounds. As some may know, my highest weight was 270. I have never been under 190 -- well, at least not since junior high.

3. Start exercising again when it's not so cold and snowy and icy out.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Not too "deep" but something that bugs me . . .

This year I'm going to start taking canvas totes with me to Target/Wal-Mart/Grocery Store and leave as many plastic bags at the store as possible!!!

Janet that is a good idea. I know a lot of the grocery stores around here offer the totes for 99 cents when you are checking out. We have bought them and really like them. It saves from using all that plastic. We do resuse the plastic bags in our house to clean the cats litter. :)

jerseyangel Proficient

You know Janet, that's funny because although it's not something that I really think about often, I do make a mental note each time I see the re-usable bags at the checkouts that I really should get into the habit of using them. We really do accumulate way too many of those plastic bags.

Offthegrid, good luck with the weightloss! I know this year you will be successful ;)

Amanda, I agree that if there's even a 1% chance you will conceive, it will happen for you. :) I think you would make such a wonderful mother. I'll bet it will happen when you least expect it.

My resolution is pretty simple:

To lose some of the weight I have gained this year. It's a double-edged sword because I feel so much better than I have is a long time, and I think I was wanting to make up for lost time :lol: I plan to watch the sugars and get back to doing my Pilates regularly.

kbtoyssni Contributor
3. Start exercising again when it's not so cold and snowy and icy out.

You should try walking around the mall - it's nice and warm and you can still get a workout. Or cross country skiing or snowshoeing - cold and snow is no excuse not to workout!

This year I'm going to start taking canvas totes with me to Target/Wal-Mart/Grocery Store and leave as many plastic bags at the store as possible!!!

I do this - I leave my bags in the car so they're always there when I need them! Some stores will give you 5 or 10 cents back per bag that you reuse.

jennyj Collaborator

Happy new year to everyone and may God bless all of us with health and happiness. My one resolution (or wish) would be to go this next year without having to be in the hospital. So I guess being as healthy as possible and sticking to what I am doing will help. Thanks for all the support this past year.

Sweetfudge Community Regular
So as we say goodbye to 2007....which went very quickly might I add...Just wondering what goals everyone has set for 2008?

Yes it really did!!!

John and I are going to join the gym at work and try to get into shape....we have both put on some lbs over the years.

We are also going to start saving money for a home of our own...very big goal.

We are also going to try to start our family this year which is a very special goal for us and I know some members know that :)

Excellent goals! My hubby and I have been going to the gym together since thanksgiving. We don't even do the same workouts but it's nice to see each other there, and give support.

Owning your own home is sooo rewarding! And an excellent goal to meet when bringing on a bigger family :)

Find my motivation. Dunno where I left it, but its around somewhere.

ME TOO!!!!

Cook more often and become more adventurous with trying new recipes.

Always one of my goals! Much to my hubby's chagrin :rolleyes:

OMG I just have to add that I got a head start on exercising this new year! I went for a walk/jog this afternoon! It felt so good, even though my lungs burned, and my face and toes were frozen. It's only about 15 degrees today B) no biggie, right? lol!

Here's to a great year!!! :)

dandelionmom Enthusiast

All of you are very inspirational! I don't usually do resolutions but I think I can use some this year!

-find time to exercise

-start going to church again

-learn to bake gluten-free stuff from scratch

Cam's Mom Contributor

Happy New Year All!!

I think last year was the first time I ever actually accomplished my NY resolutions!! I lost 50 lbs. and have a great exercise routine and went gluten-free. And for the encore:

1. I am training to compete in my first triathlon in the summer of '08

2. Try to learn to travel with 2 gluten-free kids

barb

Adelle Enthusiast

I don't really do resolutions. This is a good year to start I suppose!

1: live for today. Tomorrow marks the 1 year anniversary of us trying to concieve. I have called doctors to schedule appointments (and I saw my own doctor) and they won't see me. I just keep getting told, "you're so young, you have so much time, don't worry!" I'm 23. Anyway, so DH and I have been SO baby focused this year. It's taken over our lives, and we can't do that to ourselves anymore. 2008 is all about today. We joined a "sake club" (I previously wouldn't have because maybe this month...), we're going to stop putting $ into the "baby fund" and put that $ into our lives!

2. Really focus on rehabing our dog. We got Ninja from the shelter in Nov. He's really sweet and incredibly smart. I want him to pass the CGC (canine good citizen) test this year. We have SO much work to do!

3. Make and mantain friendships. I'm a severe homebody. I think it's at an unhealthy point. I don't know how, but I'm going to make friends!

I think those are enough for now!!

Happy new year!

confusedks Enthusiast

Well, I, like many others don't really do new year's resolutions, but I have one main goal this coming year:

GET MY HEALTH BACK!!! :D

That is my main focus because last year (2007...sounds so weird to say "last year"...lol!) I had a lot of health problems, and I am hoping that this year will bring lots of good health and lots of answers to many unanswered questions. :)

gfmolly Contributor

First off, thanks for all of your positive atitudes and support this year.

My resolution is to run three times a week. I have a decent walking exercise routine, but I need to amp up my cardio. When I was so sick, I couldn't eat, so I didn't gain weight. Now that I am healthier and know what to stay away from, it's much harder to keep the pounds off!

Terri

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Happy New Year everyone. I have never done NY's resolutions because as a rule, well, we all know what happens! I think you have all set some very good goals and goals are much different than resolutions! I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and, what will be, will be! I wish us all, love and happiness in the coming year and never, ever, go faster than your angels can fly! :)

Joni63 Collaborator

Happy New Year Everyone!

I love some of your goals and am highly impressed at Cam's mom successful weight loss last year. And planning to be in a trathalon - you go girl!

Janet, I love your resolution about the canvas bags. That's something we all really should be doing now for the future of our children. Great idea!

blueeyedamanda - I wish you the best of success in having a child!

Paula - I hope your adoption is smooth and quick, best of luck!

Laura, I too need to get organized and stay that way. I used to be so neat and organized all the time until I had chilcren and then Celiac drug me down. Time to get out of that rut.

To all of you who plan on exercising more and eating healthier you should stop by the Weight Loss Support and Accountability Thread. It needs to be livened up again and is wonderful support!

1) Volunteer less and get my life in order more! I know it's good to volunteer, but I am to the point where I let my own house and self go to help in my children's outside activities and church and school events. So, I would say organize, organize, organize...

2) Get back to my exercise plan and reach my goal weight this year!

3) Try and South Beach Diet and eat only healthy good carbs.

I should have more, but that's all I can handle right now, lol!

Good luck and hope you all reaach and exceed your goals!!!

WELCOME 2008!!!

never, ever, go faster than your angels can fly! :)

My mom bought each of us a guardian angel visor clip that says Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
....with John having high dose chemo our odds for a child have been cut very small....and we both want it very bad...So I know where you are coming from :)

Best of luck Amanda - I know you'd make a great Mum! :)

I (as per usual) shall try to lose some weight :rolleyes:

loco-ladi Contributor

My New Years resolution is an odd one for me, generally I go for the diet, exercise, quit smoking type of things......

This year its a different one......

This Year I want to cut one particular bill in half.... this seems like an easy task but it should be doable, but I will have to work hard at it....

It currently sits at $55,600, so if I do the math that means I have to come up with an extra $27,800...

couple thou from income taxes....

couple more from my "profit shre"....

still means I need to bring home as much $$$$ as I can....

Man that really looks like a big number!

and to start it off right....... I took today off, this is not starting so well, lol :huh:

I can say with the wedding and a few other things one of our credit card bills is high....and scary high from my viewpoint. I would like to get rid of it. I am thinking of doing a balance transfer since the interest on the card is 24%....so it never comes down.....

Archived