This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

No More Beer?

motif

motif Contributor

I just read that beer and lagers contains gluten :( id it true????

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lizard00 Enthusiast

yeah... most of them do. It was a sad day at my house when I found that out too... :(

But the good news is: There are a few gluten-free beers that are pretty easily accessible. I've only had 2, so I can only give my opinion on those. Redbridge is my fav... tastes a little like Sam Adams. So, I like it. The other one was New Grist Beer, which is made from rice and sorghum. It kind of tastes a little like what I would imagine beer and sake would taste like mixed together. I didn't love it.

Also, a lot of hard ciders are gluten-free. Woodchuck has a statement on their website that all of their ciders are gluten-free. I can't drink them too often, but they're a nice change.

mamaw Community Regular

yes, its true but the good news is there are gluten-free beers in the Us & Canada.

New Grist, redbridge, bard's , sprechlers.

1965kid Apprentice
yes, its true but the good news is there are gluten-free beers in the Us & Canada.

New Grist, redbridge, bard's , sprechlers.

If you are a true beer lover, as I was! You will hate Red-bridge, and, I will deem it the worst beer I ever drank!

Give up, my beer drinking friend, there is no good beer for you.

But!!!!

Jack Daniels is "proven" Gluten free!!! Nothing like a Jack and Diet Coke, with a plate full of good 'Ol fried food!

You must learn a new way to drink, (and eat my friend). Sorry for my sloppy typing!. Im eating a fresh killed deer as I type!!!! I suggest getting a gun and learning to kill your own food. Wild game is everywhere and very tasty! Not only is it nutritus, its fun to kill, and eat as well!!!!

Deer can be ground into burger, and you cant tell it from beef.

Also you can make squirrel stew, fried squirrel, fried rabbit, (if you dont know, use Bobs Red Mill All Purpose Flour.

What else can you eat?

Quail

Muskrat (wonderfull!)

Wild Hogs

Dove

And depending on where you live< Moose, Elk, Antelope, Beaver, Bobcat, Badger, Duck, Goose, Coot, Jack Rabbit, Porcupine, Groundhog.

If it moves, it will feed you. And it is Gluten free!

Want to feel proud????

Kill your own meat, grow your own vegetables, and drink good Kentucky Whiskey!

Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Life is good my friend.

Fend for yourself, and leave the rest to the shallow idiots who eat every meat at McDonalds, Wendy's and Taco Bell!!

psawyer Proficient

I am in Ontario, Canada. The only gluten-free beer available here is La Messagere. You can get it at the government monopoly liquor store for an excruciating cost of $17.75 for a 6-pack. It is brewed in Quebec, and is available in stores there. It will never replace Guiness, but I find it to be satisfying. I went six years without beer before trying it, so my memory of "real" beer was rather dim by then.

Lisa Mentor
If you are a true beer lover, as I was! You will hate Red-bridge, and, I will deem it the worst beer I ever drank!

But!!!!

Jack Daniels is "proven" Gluten free!!! Nothing like a Jack and Diet Coke, with a plate full of good 'Ol fried food!

You must learn a new way to drink, (and eat my friend). Sorry for my sloppy typing!. Im eating a fresh killed deer as I type!!!! I suggest getting a gun and learning to kill your own food. Wild game is everywhere and very tasty! Not only is it nutritus, its fun to kill, and eat as well!!!!

Also you can make squirrel stew, fried squirrel, fried rabbit, (if you dont know, use Bobs Red Mill All Purpose Flour.

What else can you eat?

Quail

Muskrat (wonderfull!)

Wild Hogs

Dove

And depending on where you live< Moose, Elk, Antelope, Beaver, Bobcat, Badger, Duck, Goose, Coot, Jack Rabbit, Porcupine, Groundhog.

Want to feel proud????

Fend for yourself, and leave the rest to the shallow idiots who eat every meat at McDonalds, Wendy's and Taco Bell!!

:lol::lol::lol: Arkansas, huh?

lizard00 Enthusiast

I was a beer lover... and I have had many a skunky beer. RedBridge is not one of them. Whiskey is not a replacement for beer.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Never was a beer drinker. Tom recommended Greens and the review says it's similar to IPA.

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm not a beer expert by any means :lol: but I like Redbridge.

lizard00 Enthusiast
:lol::lol::lol: Arkansas, huh?

LOL :lol::lol:

motif Contributor

But!!!!

What else can you eat?

Quail

Muskrat (wonderfull!)

Wild Hogs

Dove

Want to feel proud????

man I was laughing for 5 minutes, thanks for that :lol::D

I just bought a gun and gonna shoot a duck for supper :D

Anyway if I drink six pack of Jack Daniels...

larry mac Enthusiast

But!!!!

What else can you eat?

Quail

Muskrat (wonderfull!)

Wild Hogs

Dove

Want to feel proud????

I must object to mixing Jack with "Diet" Coke! :rolleyes:

best regards, lm

Lisa Mentor
I must object to mixing Jack with "Diet" Coke! :rolleyes:

best regards, lm

Oh yes, lm! I quite agree.

Archived