Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndrewNYC

Confirmed Cross Contamination Free Rice Milk?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do you have a Wegmans near you? I don't know if they are in NYC or thereabouts. They have recently come out with a Rice Milk that is for sure for certain gluten-free and I like it a lot. It has a long shelf life so if you do need to travel a bit to get it you can stock up for months :) They also label all their gluten-free stuff which makes shopping so much easier. I have never been CC'd in over 5 years and they are also one of the few companies that also make sure the vinagers and alcohols that are in their products are gluten-free.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Rice Dream has never been OK. But there are many folks here who swear by Pacific. That's too bad, everything is becoming a problem. =(

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

Although Pacific is not made on dedicated equipment, I've been using it for 3 years now daily and have not ever had a problem with it.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I use either Whole Foods brand plain rice milk or Pacific Foods plain rice milk daily, too, without any problems for two years now.

Hopefully, you can find a rice milk that works for you.

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

I've used Westsoy Rice Beverage for several years, and I recently called the company because I have an--as yet--unidentified source of gluten in my diet that's causing me problems. The representative told me that it's gluten-free. The reason it's not labeled that way is because they have to guarantee to test each batch in order to put that on the package, and the company's not willing to do that. However, I've never had a problem with it. Be sure to shake it up well before you pour it as it tends to separate if it sits for a while.