This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Has Anyone Tried The Foot Detox Cleanse Pads?

susieg-1

susieg-1 Apprentice

I have seen the ads for the detox foot cleansing pads that you wear at night and am considering trying them and wonder if anyone on this forum has already and what results they had. should I save my money ? Is this a scam?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elonwy Enthusiast

Google "Detox foot pads hoax" and you'll get a bunch of different links to various news sites and doctors testing them to see if they really work. As far as I can tell, its a hoax.

confused Community Regular

I have used them and so has my mom. I do not think they are hoax. You just have to be careful on which ones to buy. I would not buy the ones at walgreens or avon. If you want to know the ones that i have used, you can pm me. Im not sure if i can say which ones on the forum.

paula

Jestgar Rising Star
I have used them and so has my mom. I do not think they are hoax. You just have to be careful on which ones to buy. I would not buy the ones at walgreens or avon. If you want to know the ones that i have used, you can pm me. Im not sure if i can say which ones on the forum.

paula

But did they make any difference when you used them?

fedora Enthusiast

I can't say anything about the foot pads one way or another,

But I will detox out of the bottom of my feet naturally sometimes. IT is gross. The bottoms of my feet will sweat. yucky. It happened the other day when I got car sick(a rare event). It happened a couple of months ago in the middle of the night when I felt sick with a headache and naseau.

So I think there is some truth behind the idea of trying to detox through the feet.

confused Community Regular

Yes they made lots of difference for me. I have more energy. My mom used the ones with grapefruit extract and she lost weight with hers. I wake up feeling really good when i use. I really dont think it is an hoax. There is so many things on the internet that say naturalistic things an hoax. I really just believe it is one thing u have to try and see how it works for you.

I do beleive that some compaines dont know what they are doing when they make things. But i feel the pads that i use are great. You can even send them to a lab and see what they are pulling from your body.

You all have to remember tho that i am arsenic toxic. I really feel they are pulling the arsenic from me. I dont do them every night, just when im highly toxic.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I know of several people who use detox foot pads...and yes, many of them do notice a difference. I agree with Paula that it does depend on the quality of the foot pads.

I have some....however, I have not started using them yet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Generic Apprentice

My acupuncturist says they work and no she doesn't sell them. She recommends the brand advertised on tv and sold at walgreens. One of these days I will get over there and pick some up.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Just a word of caution for those of us who have DH. I was looking into these things out of curiosity and noticed that one of the cautions on the box is that folks who are allergic to iodine should not use these. If you have DH make sure you pick them up locally so that you can read the ingredients and look at the warnings. A DH breakout on the bottoms of your feet is not a lot of fun.

ShayFL Enthusiast

People have been "healing" by soaking in different kinds of waters/baths for centuries. This isnt anything "new". Just a modern spin on it.

They only seem to be expensive if you get them done at a practitioners office.

I would say just try them at home and see what happens.....

Archived