Macbre

Does Having Other Food Allergies Do Damage Also?

Rate this topic

Since I'm new to this I have a question..... I have taken gluten completely out of my diet and I feel 90% better, but sometimes I get major D after I've eaten something that I know doesn't contain gluten so I'm thinking maybe I have an allergy to soy/soy lecithin. If I continue to eat those foods containing soy & I do have an allergy to it, will it still do damage to my intestines like if I'm eating gluten?

I can deal with a little upset stomach, but I don't won't to continue to do damage if that's what it is doing.

soy would be an allergy to soy not an autoimmune disease as celiac.

... soy is one of the major allergrens...but it will not blunt your villi to my knowledge.

But casein (dairy) is also digested at the tips of the villi.. You may want to test for dairy intolerance

Also since you are new to the gluten-free diet please understand that healing doesn't happen overnight. It can take two years to completely heal the damaged villi.even longer for some , less time for others

As you become more awear of your body or what it is telling you , you may find other things that do not agree with you besides gluten... for instance some people have trouble with nightshade veggies, corn products....

as the body heals itself you may have ups & downs where you feel great today & the next day is a total train wreck. hth

blessings mamaw

If you read this article (it is in PDF format and would not let me excerpt) : http://books.google....Tc-xPMvKiALk14W, it states that soy protein as well as cow's milk protein can cause villous blunting.

... soy protein as well as cow's milk protein can cause villous blunting.

Thanks for that link. I had not heard of this before. Very good to know.

If you read this article (it is in PDF format and would not let me excerpt) : http://books.google....Tc-xPMvKiALk14W, it states that soy protein as well as cow's milk protein can cause villous blunting.

Thanks for the article Mushroom,, I have been try to find all the information I can about soy and possible damage from soy ( soy is just plain EVIL <_< )

( soy is just plain EVIL <_< )

Could not agree more :ph34r:

Mushroom ----thanks I too never heard that before... Interesting...soy & I don't get along... as many seminars I've sat in on & never heard that... it just goes to show all of this is a learning process.... Thanks again....

Eosinophilic disorders of the gastro. track are also caused by food "triggers". It is the person's own immune system attacking normal tissue.

It is currently having an explosion of diagnoses in children and adults.

My daughter's diagnoses is Eosinophilic Esophagitus (she was diagnosed probable celiac 4 years before). Her esophagus was covered in cream pus like speckles, furrowed (deep grooves of damage in the inflamed tissue), ringed with strictures, and in some areas almost swollen shut.

Yes. Having other food "allergies" causes damage. She tested negative to everything she was allergy tested for. We have found she can not have eggs, fish, shellfish, and peas. She has been gluten free since she was 17 months old too.