This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

freeatlast Collaborator

Rice Chex with almonds. I always use unsweetened apple juice instead of milk :)

Coffee.

No protein this morning. Will make up for it at lunch.

• 4 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cahill Collaborator

Breakfast scramble ( egg.sausage,bok choy, mushrooms,rutabaga ,snap peas,red onions and carrots) and an orange

** wish I knew how to post pictures cause it was sooooo pretty :P

Adalaide Mentor

I cooked up the whole pack of bacon when I made salads the other night (I just do it in the oven) so I Have a bunch just laying around for breakfast. So I had bacon and eggs and guilt free toast. Usually I stand around staring at the freezer debating the toast thing for 5 or 10 minutes before deciding that the entire financial fate of my family rests on me not eating two slices of $6 a loaf bread for breakfast. (So I'm a little crazy... so what?) This morning, at $4 a loaf, I just grabbed it and made toast. BOOM! Just like that.

Adalaide Mentor

Went and volunteered for the basket thing. Came home with pineapples today! One was ripe, one not so much. I'm having a huge bowl of pineapple, banana and mango to finish of my morning of prepping a week's worth of produce. Then it is off to bed til dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
pretty in paleo Apprentice

I had a huge piece of gluten-free carrot cake leftover from Easter and sweet potato hashbrowns with crumbled sausage. yumminess!

• 2 weeks later...
love2travel Mentor

Asparagus and ham frittata.  I just adore egg dishes.

• 4 weeks later...
VeggieGal Contributor

Dr Stuarts Detox tea (trying really hard to cut out caffeine but I love my first cuppa coffee :(

I tried a glass of goats milk as I'd heard it was easier to digest than cows milk but I really don't like the taste :(

2 rice cakes, one with raspberry jam and the other with lemon curd then both topped with sliced banana

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 3 months later...
cahill Collaborator

egg and banana pancakes  OH MY they were delish !!!

love2travel Mentor

Thick slice of homemade bread with a thick layer of homemade raspberry jam. Again!

notme Experienced

Thick slice of homemade bread with a thick layer of homemade raspberry jam. Again!

dahhhh!!   love2!!

i'm making french toast with (wait for it......)  raspberry jam - it's smucker's, but it's still raspberry.  and i'm putting maple syrup on the whole mess.  and ham  :)  by now, it is well into the afternoon, so it's brunch  <_<  :P

love2travel Mentor

dahhhh!!   love2!!

i'm making french toast with (wait for it......)  raspberry jam - it's smucker's, but it's still raspberry.  and i'm putting maple syrup on the whole mess.  and ham  :)  by now, it is well into the afternoon, so it's brunch  <_<  :P

Ha ha! I chuckled to myself as I typed this, wondering whether you would see it! I guess you did.

That sounds very good to my mind and tummy. :-) Funny but I am making French Toast tomorrow. Great minds think alike!

notme Experienced

Ha ha! I chuckled to myself as I typed this, wondering whether you would see it! I guess you did.

That sounds very good to my mind and tummy. :-) Funny but I am making French Toast tomorrow. Great minds think alike!

lolz!  today was the first day i have 'made' breakfast in a while - i have been 'cheating' and eating glutino toaster pastries (like pop-tarts) they are surprisingly good :)  if you're a pop tart kid!   ^_^

Herreralovv Rookie

Made corn grits with scrambled eggs. Corn grits taste the same as regular grits, i like to add a lil milk to give a creamier taste.

CeliacInSenegal Rookie

Leftover deviled eggs, leftover soy-balsamic marinated chicken w/onions, and slices of cucumber and green pepper. Not the most exciting, but easy and still good.

• 1 month later...
ItchyAbby Enthusiast

Oh yay! More threads where I can see what other people eat and glean ideas! :D

Today I had:

Shredded parnsnip "hashbrowns" (cooked in home rendered lard and sprinkled with coarse flake salt)

Pork sausage patty (ground pork, allspice, granulated garlic, fennel seeds, s&p)

Some mizuna, frizzled in the pan after the sausage comes out.

A peach (almost the last of them)

Tulsi Sweet Rose tea with homemade cashew milk and honey

So, I am still low-iodine until the DH clears. I make nearly everything from scratch as that allows me to control every ingredient. The new restrictive diet was so hard at first, especially for breakfast, as I wake up famished and need to have a good and filling breakfast to be able to face my day. But I figured out a good rhythm of prepping things in the weekends (make sausage patties and cashew milk, shred a bunch parsnips, pick and wash greens etc) and have been eating some variation of this breakfast nearly every day. It now feels normal! I am just about needing to mix it up a bit but have not figured out what should come next...still can't seem to do egg yolks, which is a bummer because I would love some buttery scramby eggs to eat with my homemade tomato jam. I can eat egg whites, but, ugh, egg whites by themselves are just so sad.

ItchyAbby Enthusiast

Oh and GRITS! I would love me some real hominy grits. Has anyone found a good source of gluten-free hominy grits?

love2travel Mentor

In Croatia at the moment and am eating rather well. This morning:

Fresh Balkan cheese, sort of like silky soft feta

Gluten free rosemary crackers

Croatian olive oil - peppery and grassy and sublime!

Croatian capers

They all go together rather nicely. Only thing missing is fresh pine nuts that we do not have in our house at the moment.

LauraTX Rising Star

Made corn grits with scrambled eggs. Corn grits taste the same as regular grits, i like to add a lil milk to give a creamier taste.

But regular grits are corn... no?  :huh:

• 4 months later...
cahill Collaborator

It has been awhile since any one posted to this thread but maybe we can revive it ;)

This mornings breakfast was;

fried rutabagas with peppers & onions, eggs and an orange

and of course COFFEE !! :lol:

hunter.joseph Newbie

I know the topic of breakfast comes up a lot. I'm NOT asking for suggestions. I want this to be a thread like the "what's for dinner tonight" thread where we share what we ACTUALLY eat for breakfast every morning. Along the way we will probably get new suggestions, recipes and ideas by seeing what everyone eats.

Today I had half of a left over baked sweet potato. What did you have?

I had a Smoothie with 1 Banana, 5 Strawberries, 5 Broccoli Florets, and 3 Handfulls of Spinach.  I also had an egg.

notme Experienced

breakfast #1 - honey nut chex w/banana, hot tea 

and one hour later because i'm always starving in the morning:

breakfast #2 - pecan sweet roll :) 

LauraTX Rising Star

On tuesdays I have to eat a large meal to take my methotrexate (for lupus) with, timing falls at breakfast.  Ate a banana, an Amys gluten-free Burrito, and some nuts.  I eat a banana every day, Im a monkey at heart!

moosemalibu Collaborator

Brown rice grits with 1/2 cup liquid egg whites stirred in with 2 tbsp peanut butter.

• 2 weeks later...
Fritz-in-pa Newbie

Oh yay! More threads where I can see what other people eat and glean ideas! :D

Today I had:

Shredded parnsnip "hashbrowns" (cooked in home rendered lard and sprinkled with coarse flake salt)....

@ Abby, if you have posted a recipe for the parsnip hash browns could you give me a link to it???

I have been trying to do something similar with a vegetable mixture.. it is OK,, but  I am missing something in my recipe. I have been trying to come up with a vegetable hash brown  to use in place of the english muffin in eggs benedict 

Ok,,, not sure what to call this.. it is breakfast food, but I had it for lunch last week... I decided to do it on a bed of fresh sauteed spinach. chopped up a couple of cooked shrimp then two poached eggs and topped with hollandaise..  It was very good, sort of a  Florentine Benedict combo

Open Original Shared Link

You all dont seem to eager to do photos, if you would prefer I didnt just let me know...

moosemalibu Collaborator

I made protein pancakes today: 2 tbsp coconut flour, 50 grams protein powder, 1/8 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1tsp vanilla extract, 1 small banana mashed. Makes about 3 pancakes. Served it with 1 tbsp PB and maple syrup.

Archived