Rate this topic

i don't know if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm hoping that someone here could give me some ideas on what in the world i can eat? i have been up all night puking and butt puking and now i have no idea what to eat, so i have been sipping at water all morning and afternoon trying to figure this out

i look at banana's and think no i get heart burn

strawberries no i get hives

no lactose

no gluten

diffentally no soy bad reaction

no dill bad reaction

eggs up set stomach

nothing acidic

this relay limits what i can consume

i have been looking through the cupboards and fridge and freezer and just staring blankly at the foods and get discouraged because i have been throwing out lots of foods that i make and either getting sick from it or it tasting so awful that the dog wont even eat it lol

so i guess my question to you who is reading this is: what would you eat if you had these restrictions?

i don't know if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm hoping that someone here could give me some ideas on what in the world i can eat? i have been up all night puking and butt puking and now i have no idea what to eat, so i have been sipping at water all morning and afternoon trying to figure this out

i look at banana's and think no i get heart burn

strawberries no i get hives

no lactose

no gluten

diffentally no soy bad reaction

no dill bad reaction

eggs up set stomach

nothing acidic

this relay limits what i can consume

i have been looking through the cupboards and fridge and freezer and just staring blankly at the foods and get discouraged because i have been throwing out lots of foods that i make and either getting sick from it or it tasting so awful that the dog wont even eat it lol

so i guess my question to you who is reading this is: what would you eat if you had these restrictions?

Can you eat meat and rice???

When I was at my sickest I would brown ground lamb then take plain cooked white rice and (kinda) stir-fry them together. It was ,and still is, my safest meal.

It seemed like forever (in actuality it was only about 3 weeks) before I could eat anything more.

• Upvote 1

yes i can eat meat

rice jury is still out on that one i can try it and see what happens :)

i just made a frozen peach smoothie with just water its ok then i added a couple of chunks of banana that i froze hoping that it wont give be gut burn but ill see how it goes

Sorry that you are feeling so ill...not fun! If I was nauseous, I'd be inclined to have some chicken and rice soup (or just broth with rice in it). Would that work for you? I'd probably also sip a coke or ginger ale as I find that to be soothing for me but don't know if that would work for you.

I was having the same problems with foods when I was diagnosed. It has taken a while to add foods back to my diet. It helped to follow the online SCD diet.

Bananas give me stomach aches but now I eat a lot of them. They have to be very ripe, no green, lots of brown spots. I can peel them, dip them in Vit C or lemon water and freeze them in small bags for snacks. They are OK cooked with gluten-free millit, rice or buckwheat cereal. I can mash them with cooked winter squash, raisins, cooked pork, pears, coconut. Unless they have been frozen I have to mix them with something.

Fruits I can eat are apples and pears. Prunes, dried cranberries and raisins I soak in Vit C water to deactivate mold toxins. Can't tolerate grapes or fresh prunes/plums. Grapefruit, tangerines OK but oranges less OK.

When I'm feeling sick I try to eat plain, bland stuff--rice and baked chicken, chicken and rice soup (homemade), rice cakes with peanut butter or gluten-free toast with PB--peanut butter almost always stays down when I feel like throwing up. A baked potato or mashed potatoes with a little salt to replenish the salts you are losing by throwing up and D. Gatorade is helpful for dehydration as well just don't drink too much because of the sugar. I drink ginger ale too--it's just about the only soda I will drink and only when I'm super sick because the ginger and carbonation settles my stomach.

I would just like to add that you might consider taking L-Glutamine to help your gut heal. Many of us have been helped by doing so.

• Upvote 1

thanks so much for all your advice

what is your safe hot drink im had to give up coffee and tea and looking at going to a herbal tea peppemint is good

i just went and got some tapioca and custard powder and made up a batch of each

i cooked up some chicken yesterday and been eating off of that

i also made a soup with the bones and bits of chicken and used poultry seasoning yea thats on the no list now instant heartburn and gut burn

this is nuts!!!

going to start nightshade free foods thinking that could be a prob

Is this all Celiac related?

i just went and got some tapioca and custard powder and made up a batch of each

i cooked up some chicken yesterday and been eating off of that

i also made a soup with the bones and bits of chicken and used poultry seasoning yea thats on the no list now instant heartburn and gut burn

this is nuts!!!

going to start nightshade free foods thinking that could be a prob

Is this all Celiac related?

possibly,, have you considered the possibility of leaky gut or additional intolerances or allergys???

Doing a strict elimination diet may a good thing at this point.

when I did my elimination diet I picked foods that I rarely ate at first.I was so ill that I ate plain white rice and ground lamb for about 3 weeks and then started adding foods back SLOWLY VERY VERY SLOWLY . The first week I did add sweet potatoes ( not a nightshade ) peas and peaches. After 2 weeks with no reaction I started adding ONE Food a week.It is tough VERY VERY tough, but feeling well is so very worth it.

When I did my elimination diet there were many food I could not tolerate that I have since been able to add back into my diet. With time my gut has healed a bit and I have been able to add back dairy ( that makes me a VERY happy girl) and am testing out other foods. Many food I can tolerate small amounts on occasionally. So other than gluten and soy which are PERMANENTLY out of my diet. I am playing with SLOWLY add other foods back.

Hang in there. I do know how tough it is ,, but you can do this :)

((HUGS))

thanks so much for all your advice

Soup! Make a simple broth by boiling/simmering bones or a chicken. Strain it then add back veggies you can eat and meat. Boil it until everything is soft and eat it. You might look into GAPS. It does include some foods you can't eat but you introduce each food slowly, and don't introduce foods that are known problems. There's lots of info on it out there. I have just finished summarizing the first six stages on the blog linked from my profile.

Chicken soup is a life saver. There is something in the chicken broth from a boiled chicken that really helps. Boil you up a chicken for about an hour, save that broth and us it for your soup. You can put in what you can eat. Sometimes when the body just gets the icks, I find this as my solution. I hope you get to feeling better.