Karla01

No Gluten Free Food In The Entire Stadium.?

Rate this topic

My husband and I have season tickets to the Cleveland Browns. It really irritates me that there is no gluten free foods in the entire stadium. When I asked I was told there was an area that had vege wraps, yeah wrapped in a flour tortilla. Does anyone else feel really left out at these type of events? Any ideas? I am sure children attend these games too, I can't be the only celiac person in the entire stadium.

Come watch the Browns when they play the Ravens in Baltimore and you'll find something safe to eat...

I have gotten notes from the stadium to allow me to bring food in. Some stuff will be gluten-free. Popcorn, peanuts, drinks, candy, ice cream. It's all over priced anyway.

• Upvote 1

Sory, I would expect it to be non gluten-free at a ballpark. I eat ahead of time, luckily my DP is happy with watching about 3 innings, then scooting towards home base.

We have a good meal and watch the rest of the game on TV at home, sweet home.

(We don't have season tickets though... maybe it's worthwhile to contact the field manager.)

Speaking for myself, I'd rather eat what I've prepared and cooked vs. trusting somebody who's dealing with buns all day to cook me something that won't make me sick.) Even if you were to offer me safe french fries, I couldn't get that excited. Are FF really food?

I don't know, but I'm guessing that if your dr. wrote a note on a prescription pad that you had severe food allergies and needed to eat every two hours to maintain blood sugar levels, you could bring whatever you want to the ballpark. Then you could pack your own food, like hummus and veggie sticks.

There's a road we all have to go down. You can choose to take it any way you want to. Sometimes we have to pre-plan, sometimes we need to opt out of family dinners or sporting events, or plan and pack our own foods. It isn't nessarily cool, but it's a survival mode, for me, not necessariy you.

• Upvote 1

I eat peanuts! It's not a ball game without peanuts in the shell anyway. B) I've also gotten popcorn, Cracker Jack, and hot dogs without the bun at ball parks.

We take our own to AFL or wherever. That way if we find something that's gluten free it's a bonus but otherwise we have our own food.

The MCG in Melbourne has gluten free pies and the members area has gluten free beer. they also have a Spud Bar which has lots of gluten free options.

Rod Laver Arena sells gluten free pies during the Australian Open.

If you are ever in NY - Yankees Stadium has gluten free beer and Citifield has an entire section of gluten free foods and drinks.

I took, some peanuts,some cheese sticks, and bottled water. I did contact the office last year was told they couldn't do anything to help me. I hope as time goes on and more people are diagnosed it will be easier to obtain food out in the public. I guess all we can do is continue to educate the public. Thanks for listening, I was only diagnosed in August of 2010, I guess I still get angry every once in awhile that I am the minority when it comes to eating out.

The office can't help much. They would have people who run the food stalls that they pay to come out. Those people will provide what they provide and the stadium won't be able to sway them.

I'm not trying to be glib here but buy a big purse!!! I take my own food everywhere now and I have a big purse. Security might check it but will they throw away your food? Don't know.

Come to San Diego. You can get a gluten-free hotdog, gluten-free bun and a gluten-free beer! Of course, I don't eat those either, so yeah, I always carry a giant purse, and sometimes a doctors note...but I usually smile and don't get harassed about it.

Honestly, does it make me feel left out? Yes, a bit. But I try to prepare myself extra yummy things for those times - makes me feel a little better.