I'm a 24m and have been having gastrointestinal problems for about 8 years or so. I've been tested for almost everything under the sun (endoscopy, colonoscopy, barium swallow, stomach biopsy, heidelberg test etc.) and they can't find anything. Every test comes back normal and I'm so desperate to figure this out and turn my life around.
My symptoms are as follows:
- upper left side abdominal pain
- exhausted feeling all the time
- sharp chest pain at times
- shortness of breath
- bloating & gas after eating
- very deep burping
- have to eat very slowly (1-2 hrs for a normal meal)
- some constipation
- can't gain weight and never have been able to
- pale skin & ridges in finger nails
I had a stomach biopsy 4 or 5 years ago but it came back borderline and the doc said I was just gluten sensitive and diagnosed me with IBS. I've been reading a bit about latent celiac and trying to figure out if celiac might really be the culprit. I just can't seem to find anything else it might be. Last week I was tested for pernicious anemia but you guessed it, the test came back normal. I'm really skinny and look anemic but all of the levels are normal.
Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide!