This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

So... I Went Shopping...

shadowicewolf

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm on it. 

omg you're easy...what else do you want that I can tell you to buy? :lol:  :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

Coffee spit.   :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

Coffee spit.   :lol:

:lol:

so, Shadow...

how are those crackers?? and cornbread??

(poor kid probably left to buy a waffle iron..............)

shadowicewolf Proficient

so, Shadow...

how are those crackers?? and cornbread??

(poor kid probably left to buy a waffle iron..............)

I was just wondering what happened to this thread :lol: One moment we're on topic, the next waffle irons. :lol:

I haven't tried them yet, but I shall. Maybe i'll try the crackers later as a snack? :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

I was just wondering what happened to this thread :lol: One moment we're on topic, the next waffle irons. :lol:

I haven't tried them yet, but I shall. Maybe i'll try the crackers later as a snack? :lol:

holycraponacracker.!...you have had those snacks this whole time and did not open them?

Sweetie, you have the most incredible will power and self-discipline I have ever seen.

Big kudos!

love2travel Mentor

What flavours are these crackers of which you speak?  I also tried the waffles when I was first diagnosed and let us just say I did not spit them out but...

So, Colleen, have you bought your waffle iron yet?  I whipped up some pancakes for lunch today but forgot to use my chipotle maple butter, dang it!  :(

IrishHeart Veteran

I whipped up some pancakes for lunch today but forgot to use my chipotle maple butter, dang it!  :(

oh, that's a deal breaker for sure.  :D kidding you, sweetie. I bet your pancakes don't need a damn thing on them. ^_^

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

holycraponacracker.!...you have had those snacks this whole time and did not open them?

Sweetie, you have the most incredible will power and self-discipline I have ever seen.

Big kudos!

^_^

What flavours are these crackers of which you speak?  I also tried the waffles when I was first diagnosed and let us just say I did not spit them out but...

So, Colleen, have you bought your waffle iron yet?  I whipped up some pancakes for lunch today but forgot to use my chipotle maple butter, dang it!  :(

These ones are the cheese flavor.

GF Lover Rising Star

Already got jammies on..lol.  I'll be iron hunting tomorrow and wondering what the hell Chipotle Maple Butter taste like.   :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

Already got jammies on..lol.  I'll be iron hunting tomorrow and wondering what the hell Chipotle Maple Butter taste like.   :lol:

it tastes like "more"  :lol:

now I have this picture of you in jammies with this elmer fudd voice over..."be vewwwy vewwy quiet, she's hunting iwons"....

shadowicewolf Proficient

it tastes like "more"  :lol:

now I have this picture of you in jammies with this elmer fudd voice over..."be vewwwy vewwy quiet, she's hunting iwons"....

I got a good laugh out of that. :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

I got a good laugh out of that. :lol:

gosh I hope so. I am really quite funny.  :lol:

Adalaide Mentor

waaaaaazit this one??? :)

Open Original Shared Link

Nope. I found my magazine and it's actually called cornbread pudding, not stuffing. Whatever. They should just called it cornbread amazingness. I've tried and tried, but I just can't find it on their website or get a pdf of last year's holiday issue. I wanted to make sure I don't actually lose it so I added it to my recipe collection and just copy/pasted from there. I didn't add the peppers last year because I thought my husband might eat it. I was wrong. <_< Like I said, I think I'll grab a Hodgeson mill cornbread mix and use it for this. I'll just break it up a little with my hands for the crumbs, I don't want it to be like breadcrumbs. Ewwww!

Cornbread Pudding

INGREDIENTS

¼ lb smoked bacon, chopped

2 tbsp olive oil

1 cup diced onion

½ cup each diced red & green onion

4 cups gluten free bread crumbs

1 (14.75 oz) can cream style corn

4 eggs, lightly beaten

½ cup chicken stock

½ tsp dried thyme leaves

½ tsp dried rubbed sage

salt & pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
  2. Sauté bacon until cooked, not crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and to paper towels.
  3. Pour off bacon fat and heat olive oil. Add onions and peppers and sauté until soft.
  4. Transfer onions and peppers to large mixing bowl, add bacon. Toss with remaining ingredients.
  5. Spoon into baking dish. Bake 50-60 minutes, until browned and firm.
love2travel Mentor

gosh I hope so. I am really quite funny.  :lol:

...and I thought you had a perpetual frown and aspect and not a funny bone in that body of yours.

love2travel Mentor

Good idea! Thick flannel jammies with a hot chocolate sounds delightful as the snow continues to blow and swirl ominously out there.

Chipotle maple butter tastes so good you wouldn't be able to stand it. Almost as good as Irish's prime rib and a bunch of other stuff. :-P

IrishHeart Veteran

Nope. I found my magazine and it's actually called cornbread pudding, not stuffing. Whatever. They should just called it cornbread amazingness. I've tried and tried, but I just can't find it on their website or get a pdf of last year's holiday issue. I wanted to make sure I don't actually lose it so I added it to my recipe collection and just copy/pasted from there. I didn't add the peppers last year because I thought my husband might eat it. I was wrong. <_< Like I said, I think I'll grab a Hodgeson mill cornbread mix and use it for this. I'll just break it up a little with my hands for the crumbs, I don't want it to be like breadcrumbs. Ewwww!

Cornbread Pudding

INGREDIENTS

¼ lb smoked bacon, chopped

2 tbsp olive oil

1 cup diced onion

½ cup each diced red & green onion

4 cups gluten free bread crumbs

1 (14.75 oz) can cream style corn

4 eggs, lightly beaten

½ cup chicken stock

½ tsp dried thyme leaves

½ tsp dried rubbed sage

salt & pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
  2. Sauté bacon until cooked, not crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and to paper towels.
  3. Pour off bacon fat and heat olive oil. Add onions and peppers and sauté until soft.
  4. Transfer onions and peppers to large mixing bowl, add bacon. Toss with remaining ingredients.
  5. Spoon into baking dish. Bake 50-60 minutes, until browned and firm.

that sounds amazing!!

...and I thought you had a perpetual frown and aspect and not a funny bone in that body of yours.

I do..this is all fake.

Good idea! Thick flannel jammies with a hot chocolate sounds delightful as the snow continues to blow and swirl ominously out there.

Chipotle maple butter tastes so good you wouldn't be able to stand it. Almost as good as Irish's prime rib and a bunch of other stuff. :-P

We have to tell her how to make it. hon...she is learning all kinds of culinary goodness this week and her head is spinning like Linda Blair.

GF Lover Rising Star

kareng Grand Master

I'm putting my recipes over on Colleen's thread where they belong!

Adalaide Mentor

I'm putting my recipes over on Colleen's thread where they belong!

blah blah blah...... I put it where it was asked for  :P Besides, this is where we started talking about the cornbread and I'm sure by now Shadow's head is spinning too with all the back and forth hijacking here.  :lol:

kareng Grand Master

blah blah blah...... I put it where it was asked for  :P Besides, this is where we started talking about the cornbread and I'm sure by now Shadow's head is spinning too with all the back and forth hijacking here.  :lol:

These recipes inserted every which way gets confusing.  Can't find them when you want them! 

Has nothing to do with anything but thought this was funny.

Adalaide Mentor

These recipes inserted every which way gets confusing.  Can't find them when you want them! 

Has nothing to do with anything but thought this was funny.

I could also post it over there in the interest of having all the Thanksgiving recipes in one place. I'll do it when I get home.

Going around TP'ing threads.... hooligan.  :P

Archived