This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need A Tooth Paste Thats Soy And Gluten Free

John Burlingame

John Burlingame Explorer

Hey guys, Ive Learned my Colgate, where it is gluten free, yet its not soy free, Id like not to have my teeth to rot out. I found I was having a soy reaction to the tooth paste. in search of anything at this point. Having a soy free diet has been a real challenge. Im at a point, I might try to figure out how to make the stuff from scratch. Im having to have my meds made from a compounding company, $1 a pill aint cheap on Ibuprofen.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

have you looked at any of the "healthy" brands?

Open Original Shared Link

or Tom's or others that you might find at Whole Foods type places.

BlessedMommy Rising Star

You could always make your own toothpaste. There's lots of recipes for them on the internet.

MJ-S Contributor

I use Tom's of Maine. It's been fine.

Waitingindreams Enthusiast

Face Naturals makes 3 varieties of "tooth cleansers" that are completely free of soy, corn, gluten, etc. They're stuff is a bit pricier, but it's all natural and all organic, and their stuff lasts about a year. They also have a reward system, every time you order something you earn points that don't expire. It adds up, and you can use the points for money off of future orders. You might find other products on there as well. I've used their deodorant, chapstick, and other products - they are great. All of their products are allergen friendly and their customer service is great.

Also...I use Crest Pro Health, does that have soy in it? I didn't think so. I also need to avoid soy. I think the Tom's of Maine one I use occasionally is gluten/soy free as well. There are tons of natural toothpastes out there. 

John Burlingame Explorer

I just got a response from Colgate

Dear John:

Thank you for contacting us and asking about Colgate Toothpaste.

Colgate Toothpaste does not contain soy or soy proteins. ( So when they said no soy proteins, they mean soy Lecithin.)

We appreciate your interest in our products.

Sincerely,

Heather Houze
Consumer Affairs Representative
Consumer Affairs

AFHLH1NA/cl

046201054A

John Burlingame Explorer

I just got a response from Colgate

Dear John:

Thank you for contacting us and asking about Colgate Toothpaste.

Colgate Toothpaste does not contain soy or soy proteins. ( So when they said no soy proteins, they mean soy Lecithin.)

We appreciate your interest in our products.

Sincerely,

Heather Houze

Consumer Affairs Representative

Consumer Affairs

AFHLH1NA/cl

046201054A

Its great to hear this but the tooth paste still gives me a soy reaction.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

John Burlingame Explorer

Face Naturals makes 3 varieties of "tooth cleansers" that are completely free of soy, corn, gluten, etc. They're stuff is a bit pricier, but it's all natural and all organic, and their stuff lasts about a year. They also have a reward system, every time you order something you earn points that don't expire. It adds up, and you can use the points for money off of future orders. You might find other products on there as well. I've used their deodorant, chapstick, and other products - they are great. All of their products are allergen friendly and their customer service is great.

Also...I use Crest Pro Health, does that have soy in it? I didn't think so. I also need to avoid soy. I think the Tom's of Maine one I use occasionally is gluten/soy free as well. There are tons of natural toothpastes out there. 

thanks for the update

notme Experienced

i have issues with soy and use colgate (baking soda & peroxide mint paste) with no problems whatsoever.  

John Burlingame Explorer

cool, might give that a try, I ordered the natural dentist, hope to have my gluten and soy free tooth paste by Friday.

Archived