Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MichLab

Good Moisturizer

i know this question has probably been asked a million times but I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion of a good face moisturizer that is gluten free, sulfate free, and paraben free and you could purchase it in a drug store or Target type store? Thanks for any input!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I know this might sound weird...but I just use extra virgin coconut oil. It's naturally gluten, paraben, and sulfate free, it smells great, and a little bit goes a long way. One jar will last you for years. It doesn't go bad. I just keep it in my room and use it when needed. You just dab a finger in it and scoop some up..it's great for your face, hair, and dry hands. I swear it's helped with acne as well. 

Obviously, if you use coconut oil for baking keep a separate jar in your kitchen for that! Good brands are Dr. Bronner's, Spectrum, etc. I found Dr. Bronner's on sale for $6.99 once. Usually coconut oil is about $10.00 a jar, but again - it will last for ages, smells great, and it is completely healthy. Your skin will absorb it pretty well.

As for where to purchase - I'm not sure about Target, but Stop & Shop, ShopRite, and probably Walmart will carry a brand of coconut oil. I've only seen Dr. Bronner's at a specialty health market, but you could also order it online.

Diagnosed via blood test: July 2013

Digestive Issues: Lactose Intolerance, Candidiasis, recurring hiatal hernia, possible SIBO

Skin Issues: Rosacea, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Tinea Versicolor

Sleeping Issues: Idiopathic Central Nervous System Hypersomnia, Sleep Paralysis

Allergies: Severe Seasonal allergies,histamine intolerance (under control) sulpha drugs, Oral Allergy Syndrome

Other: TMJ, Gallstones, Orthostatic Hypotension, Dysmennorhea, possible Adrenal Fatigue

Gluten Free - 07/13, Soy Free 05/14, Legume Free 05/14, Dairy Free 09/14, Grain Free 10/14

"I am in control of my own health" - working on crossing everything off this list.

Join eNewsletter

I second the use of coconut oil.  It is a single ingredient product, and if you don't like the light smell of coconut, get refined coconut oil.  It goes on the skin very lightly and I use it for my facial eczema- every other moisturizer gives me acne which I can't treat in an eczema spot.  

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I use a lot of Garnier products. They will clearly label gluten ingredients and much of their line is gluten free.

I also use coconut oil. I use it on my little dog often. She loves it and comes running when I ask if she wants to be oiled. It leaves her coat nice and soft.  

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

The moisturizers I use I just listed in another post. but will repost.

Hugo and debrah naturals

Nourish essentials

Andalou *unless otherwise specified is gluten free*

i know this question has probably been asked a million times but I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion of a good face moisturizer that is gluten free, sulfate free, and paraben free and you could purchase it in a drug store or Target type store? Thanks for any input!

Join eNewsletter

I use nearly the entire Acure Organics line, and I love it! I find it at health food stores like Fruitful Yield. It's gluten free, paraben free, sulfate free, biodegradable. I think you can get it on Amazon too

Thank you so much - I looked at it on-line and it looks like it would be a good line.  Is there a particular product from the line that you think it is a must try?

Join eNewsletter

I've been using coconut cooking oil for the past 6 months and have seen a huge difference in my skin, skin tone, texture and lack of breakouts. I pour it into a spray bottle and add a few drops of both lavender and Frankincense essential oils (I use only young living oils). It's not overly oily & absorbs fast. It's the only thing I use  now & love the results!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter