Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):



Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):


  • You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

    💬

    • Sign In
    • Sign Up
9 9
DJFL77I

are you going to take the vaccine

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

@Misslee Waving a book around in the video is a classic fallacy in an argument called "appeal to authority," and to say that I don't read is insulting, especially given the number of articles I've written or edited on this site, which now stands at over 5,300. No credible doctors are against vaccinations, especially given the ~1-4% death rate from covid-19, and safety record of the new vaccines.


Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

by the time they get to my 'group' (non-essential, low risk/healthy, mostly self-isolated) there may be several fda approved vaccines.  i am a bit nervous over the pfizer one because i do have weird allergies.  i am expecting to be probably in the last group to be vaccinated, so i hope i can choose the safest one for my situation.  i would think that everyone would choose the vaccine that is best for their health and safety.  

i have considered not taking it, but i'm hearing that you may need to have it to travel and go to music venues, two things i'd rather die than live without.  rock on, alllllllll, y'alllllllllllllll :) 

i am super sick of just hanging out with kevin the robot vacuum............  🙄


arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

 

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

 

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, notme! said:

by the time they get to my 'group' (non-essential, low risk/healthy, mostly self-isolated) there may be several fda approved vaccines.  i am a bit nervous over the pfizer one because i do have weird allergies.  i am expecting to be probably in the last group to be vaccinated, so i hope i can choose the safest one for my situation.  i would think that everyone would choose the vaccine that is best for their health and safety.  

i have considered not taking it, but i'm hearing that you may need to have it to travel and go to music venues, two things i'd rather die than live without.  rock on, alllllllll, y'alllllllllllllll :) 

i am super sick of just hanging out with kevin the robot vacuum............  🙄

In addition to choosing the vaccine you feel is safest, you might want to be sure that the facility where you receive it is able to treat allergic responses, and hang around for 15-30 minutes after the injection. Allergic reactions to vaccines typically happen pretty quickly.  I had a drive up flu shot this year and they made everyone stay for 15 minutes after the shot, just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RMJ,

What about "Variants" of the Coronavirus now popping UP!

Could this Vaccination program become like "Flu" Vaccine IE would we  need "Annual" Coronavirus Vaccines???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/london-lockdown-sharp-rise-in-coronavirus-cases-linked-to-new-covid-19-variant/ar-BB1bUZg3?fbclid=IwAR2_ZnYzjooznmm_H3pPVt1zxZUMb007SHD7S7tX8t2XIz5ly2K9-bO-vRg&ocid=uxbndlbing

I enjoy your insights and expertise It will help guide my decisions about which of the approved Vaccines might be best for me.

From what I have heard so far....I am favoring the Moderna over the Pfizer.....any insights would be appreciated ....

As Not me said....It will be awhile before they get to us!  But information is power!

Thanks in Advance!

Posterboy,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Misslee, Scott, RMJ, Knitty Kitty et al,

We should start another thread about this....."Genetics and Environment: Does Celiac disease have an Environmental Trigger???"

I am up for it.....if anybody else is?

It would help more people that way......and it wouldn't be hidden in another thread...

Here is the two or three best articles I know about the topic (off the top of my head)....

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2017/08/16/Genetic-risk-factors-for-disease-can-be-affected-by-environment/4251502820421/

https://www.genengnews.com/news/dna-has-relatively-little-say-in-disease-risk-usually/

Misslee in your youtube link Dr. Berg repeatedly mentioned Acetylcholine which has recently been discovered as the trigger for the "Inflammation state" the body assumes in a an Auto-immune disease....

The research is only a couple years old.....so it is not well understand yet....but Acetylcholine seems to be the triggering mechanism for the "Auto-immune" state or as they say the "Inflammatory" state....described in the article as M1 or M2....

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321624#From-inflammatory-to-anti-inflammatory

I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advise.

Posterboy,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Posterboy said:

RMJ,

What about "Variants" of the Coronavirus now popping UP!

Could this Vaccination program become like "Flu" Vaccine IE would we  need "Annual" Coronavirus Vaccines???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/london-lockdown-sharp-rise-in-coronavirus-cases-linked-to-new-covid-19-variant/ar-BB1bUZg3?fbclid=IwAR2_ZnYzjooznmm_H3pPVt1zxZUMb007SHD7S7tX8t2XIz5ly2K9-bO-vRg&ocid=uxbndlbing

I enjoy your insights and expertise It will help guide my decisions about which of the approved Vaccines might be best for me.

From what I have heard so far....I am favoring the Moderna over the Pfizer.....any insights would be appreciated ....

As Not me said....It will be awhile before they get to us!  But information is power!

Thanks in Advance!

Posterboy,

Might we need an annual COVID vaccine that varies each year like the flu vaccine? It all depends on what the COVID variants are.  The coronavirus spike protein was chosen by Pfizer, Moderna and others as the antigen in the vaccine because it is absolutely necessary in order for the virus to infect our cells.  If a random mutation led to much of a change in the spike protein it’s likely that it might not be able to infect cells as well (which would be good for us but not good for the virus).

Researchers are still trying to find a portion of the flu virus that does not vary from strain to strain so that a flu vaccine could be more universal.  They appear to be making some progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Misslee Et Al,

You should check out the Hormones Matter website.  It has the topic of Thiamine deficiency or Sub Clinical Beri Beri covered better than any site I have visited.

While I do not know any studies link Vaccines to Celiac disease...there are at least a couple studies linking Viruses to an associated Celiac diagnosis. Probably most famously Epstein Barr Virus aka EBV for short.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-04-epstein-barr-virus-linked-diseases.html

But less famously is Reoviruses just very recently...

https://www.gutmicrobiotaforhealth.com/virus-may-lead-celiac-disease-disruption-intestinal-immune-homeostasis/

But Vaccines  have been studied for the ability to cause a Thiamine deficiency....most famously Gardasil.

http://www.hormonesmatter.com/post-gardasil-heart-failure-ragged-red-fibers/

And it is not surprising that medical officials deny the association or that it could be a trigger....

Dr. Lonsdale is doing "Yeoman's work" on Thiamine deficiency.....and the main stream medical field....just won't acknowledge it!

I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advise.

Posterboy,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Posterboy said:

RMJ,

What about "Variants" of the Coronavirus now popping UP!

Could this Vaccination program become like "Flu" Vaccine IE would we  need "Annual" Coronavirus Vaccines???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/london-lockdown-sharp-rise-in-coronavirus-cases-linked-to-new-covid-19-variant/ar-BB1bUZg3?fbclid=IwAR2_ZnYzjooznmm_H3pPVt1zxZUMb007SHD7S7tX8t2XIz5ly2K9-bO-vRg&ocid=uxbndlbing

I enjoy your insights and expertise It will help guide my decisions about which of the approved Vaccines might be best for me.

From what I have heard so far....I am favoring the Moderna over the Pfizer.....any insights would be appreciated ....

As Not me said....It will be awhile before they get to us!  But information is power!

Thanks in Advance!

Posterboy,

I spoke to an infectious disease doctor friend of mine regarding whether variant forms of the virus would somehow not be targeted by the vaccine, and he assured me that they will because this new vaccine is an RNA type of vaccine, which is a new approach to vaccines. More on this is here:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/us/katalin-kariko-covid-19-vaccine-scientist-trnd/index.html


Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The following quote about variants is from this week’s issue of Science magazine.  The main variant currently seen is not expected to affect current vaccine efficacy.

”Pandemic spread of a virus in naïve populations can select for mutations that alter pathogenesis, virulence, and/or transmissibility. The ancestral form of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARSCoV-2) that emerged from China has now been largely replaced by strains containing the mutation D614G (Asp614-to-Gly) in the viral spike protein. Hou et al.compared the characteristics of the new variant against the ancestral form in a series of experiments in human cells and animal models. The variant is better at infecting upper-airway epithelial cells and replicates in greater numbers than the ancestral virus. Evidence indicates modest, if any, significant changes to virulence in animal models. Therefore, the virus appears to have evolved for greater transmissibility in humans rather than for greater pathogenicity. The mutation renders the new virus variant more susceptible to neutralizing antisera without altering the efficacy of vaccine candidates currently under development.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2020 at 2:02 AM, Scott Adams said:

Yes, for sure. By the time my family and I have access I would guess that 100M people would have already been given it. I'm ready to go back to normal, and travel, eat out, etc.

You are censoring me and I find this quite scary. 

My Dr has not helped me at all and sent me home with my symptoms. Do you really think I'd put all my trust in what Drs say?

Doctors also has said that cholesterol has been dangerous for the past 50 years and causes heart attacks. Ends up cholesterol is not the culprit. People have been taking statines with terrible side effects. All this for money. So what is your point?

Now science back up that cholesterol is not dangerous.. So is it science or big pharma that decides what Dr back ups or Not?

You are censoring people and it is not OK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2020 at 6:22 PM, Posterboy said:

Misslee Et Al,

You should check out the Hormones Matter website.  It has the topic of Thiamine deficiency or Sub Clinical Beri Beri covered better than any site I have visited.

While I do not know any studies link Vaccines to Celiac disease...there are at least a couple studies linking Viruses to an associated Celiac diagnosis. Probably most famously Epstein Barr Virus aka EBV for short.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-04-epstein-barr-virus-linked-diseases.html

But less famously is Reoviruses just very recently...

https://www.gutmicrobiotaforhealth.com/virus-may-lead-celiac-disease-disruption-intestinal-immune-homeostasis/

But Vaccines  have been studied for the ability to cause a Thiamine deficiency....most famously Gardasil.

http://www.hormonesmatter.com/post-gardasil-heart-failure-ragged-red-fibers/

And it is not surprising that medical officials deny the association or that it could be a trigger....

Dr. Lonsdale is doing "Yeoman's work" on Thiamine deficiency.....and the main stream medical field....just won't acknowledge it!

I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advise.

Posterboy,

I've been really busy but I've bookmarked your page and will make sure to read your posts more carefully. thanks a lot for all you share 🙏.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2020 at 12:22 PM, RMJ said:

The following quote about variants is from this week’s issue of Science magazine.  The main variant currently seen is not expected to affect current vaccine efficacy.

”Pandemic spread of a virus in naïve populations can select for mutations that alter pathogenesis, virulence, and/or transmissibility. The ancestral form of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARSCoV-2) that emerged from China has now been largely replaced by strains containing the mutation D614G (Asp614-to-Gly) in the viral spike protein. Hou et al.compared the characteristics of the new variant against the ancestral form in a series of experiments in human cells and animal models. The variant is better at infecting upper-airway epithelial cells and replicates in greater numbers than the ancestral virus. Evidence indicates modest, if any, significant changes to virulence in animal models. Therefore, the virus appears to have evolved for greater transmissibility in humans rather than for greater pathogenicity. The mutation renders the new virus variant more susceptible to neutralizing antisera without altering the efficacy of vaccine candidates currently under development.”

It looks like the D614G mutation described in this quote is NOT the only mutation currently being seen in the UK.  The UK variant being discussed this week is called  VUI 202012/01 and contains the D614G mutation and others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott Adams said:

I just saw an article today that indicated that both Moderna and Pfizer are now testing their new vaccines against this new strain.

Yes, they will take serum from people who have been vaccinated and see if it will neutralize the virus in the lab.  BioNTech (Pfizer) said they’d have results in two weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beverage said:

With a history of anaphylaxis, nope. 

Very reasonable, at least for the Pfizer and Moderna products.  Scientists think the antigen causing problems may be the PEG attached to the lipids used to make the nanoparticles, but that is a hypothesis - there is no data yet. Hopefully some of the other vaccines that are based on different technology will be useful for those with allergies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
9 9