This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
You guys, I am totally crazy :lol:

I just read through the first 100 pages of this thread :o I was getting a little nostalgic I guess with Rachel mentioning it was near the 2 year anniversary of the thread, and then Rinne's recent posts.

It seems like a life time ago, yet I remember all of that like it was yesterday.

Has anyone kept in touch with Evie?

I don't think you're crazy.

I haven't been in touch with Evie since Christmas. I do have her email though so if you want it I'll see if I can get a response from her. She has a hard time getting on the forums and hasn't been on D/S either.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nora-n Rookie

I was looking for somthing in Medline and searched pubmed.com and then I tried autism methylation and there are some hits. One of them is in the ajcn (interesting site, I found a lot on vitamin D there before) Open Original Shared Link

I have not gotten as far as PST yet.....but ajcn is indexed in medline (lots of publications are not, like anything orthomolecular and other stuff)

mercola mentions houses and cleaning chemicals now......Open Original Shared Link and ozone generators not good Open Original Shared Link further down that page.

Today I pulled out the cast iron frying pan instead of the non-stick pan--I keep reading on mercola's site that non-stick is not so good. (nothing got stuck on the cast-iron pan today...)

nora

miamia Rookie

Rachel-

you know me I cannot handle anything!!!! but i have been able to tolerate the MSM thats why i suggested it.

Rinne-

it is so nice to hear from you !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Julie -

I am so sorry about the outbreak i had pm'd you and not heard back and figured you had had an outbreak alothough i was hoping that was not the case. I really hope you are doing better.

Nyxie-

that sounds like an awful doc appt. I don't blame you for being angry.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

You definitely aren't the only one Andrea, I miss Rinne too!

QUOTE (AndreaB @ Mar 19 2008, 02:31 PM)

Rinne,

I'm not posting as much but I'm always reading and keeping up with everyone, as well as keeping everyone in my thoughts.

Patti------Me too

ME 7.................miss you all

Hi Rinne............

I emailed Evie about 3 weeks ago-- the flu got she and hubby. know she can't get on to post here like Andrea said.

love

Judy

dlp252 Apprentice
which resembles an icecream sandwich and it is made with vegetables.

Something so veeeerrrrryyyyy wrong about that statement!!! :lol: Glad you're back Rinne!!!

I really need feedback on my GI appt this afternoon. I'm feeling very unsatisfied. Wondering if I'm right to feel this way or if I'm blowing things out of proportion.

Do you think I'm justified in wanting to find a new GI?

Yeah, probably justified. It's hard enough to cope with all that we've got going on without having our doctors dismiss us. I hate when they give up! :angry:

I just read through the first 100 pages of this thread :o I was getting a little nostalgic I guess with Rachel mentioning it was near the 2 year anniversary of the thread, and then Rinne's recent posts.

It seems like a life time ago, yet I remember all of that like it was yesterday.

Has anyone kept in touch with Evie?

Good times, lol! I haven't seen Evie in a while now...she came on a few months ago to say she was okay, but nothing since then.

jerseyangel Proficient

I saw Evie on the on-line list recently (maybe a couple weeks ago or so). I don't believe she posted, though.

CarlaB Enthusiast

ROFL Patti! Is that actually your cat? Isn't Allo too old for that kind of dancing?

Nyxie, I don't know what the best thing to do about doctors is. When I found Dr. H, I gave up on the rest of them and let Dr. H handle it all. I don't know if that's the best thing for you, but a lot of Lymies have gut problems, if yours are from the Lyme, a regular GI won't know what to do.

A team of docs like Rachel and Donna have is not a bad idea, but that's not what you're talking about.

Maybe the best thing to do is ask L. about it at your next consut and see what she thinks. I gave up completely on GI docs .... they didn't find my bacterial overgrowth, lack of good bacteria, or my tapeworm. Totally useless to me!

Yeah, that's a little crazy!!! Was I in the first 100 pages? I know I was here early, but don't know if it was that early.

Today I pulled out the cast iron frying pan instead of the non-stick pan--I keep reading on mercola's site that non-stick is not so good. (nothing got stuck on the cast-iron pan today...)

nora

A properly seasoned cast iron skillet is so much better than non-stick!! I just rinse mine and dry it with a paper towel! It doesn't even need washing!

Non-stick is horrible for you .... the fumes will kill a bird!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie -

I am so sorry about the outbreak i had pm'd you and not heard back and figured you had had an outbreak alothough i was hoping that was not the case. I really hope you are doing better.

Thanks Mia, I am doing better today :) I know I owe you a pm :lol:

How are you feeling, any results back from all the tests you had recently?

I also took a lot of MSM, I am not sure if it made any difference or not :huh:

ME 7.................miss you all

Hi Rinne............

I emailed Evie about 3 weeks ago-- the flu got she and hubby. know she can't get on to post here like Andrea said.

love

Judy

GOOD TO SEE YOU JUDY!

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE ON EVIE :)

Good times, lol! I haven't seen Evie in a while now...she came on a few months ago to say she was okay, but nothing since then.

It was fun to go back :lol: There's a lot of good information actually, it should be documented, or spreadsheeted or something!

Nyxie63 Apprentice
I actually think that would be a good idea Nyxie.

You could post either in the Coping, Post Diagnosis, or Doctors categories, you might get some good feed back from others who have experienced what you did with your Dr.

Thanks! I posted it on Coping and over at LN. Don't know what to expect but, hopefully, someone can help me muddle through all this. :)

I don't know either, seems like what Rachel mentioned about researching everything thoroughly for herself--sometimes is our only option.

Like Julie said to me awhile back, it's especially hard when our doctors that we do have trust in don't agree. How much worse when we don't know if we can trust or not.

I've had doubts about this guy from the beginning, but was hoping he could give me some answers anway. I mean, what GI has never heard the term "bazooka barf" before? :lol:<_<

that sounds like an awful doc appt. I don't blame you for being angry.

Thanks. I really need the affirmation right now. Don't trust my perceptions these days.

Yeah, probably justified. It's hard enough to cope with all that we've got going on without having our doctors dismiss us. I hate when they give up! :angry:

When he told me he wanted to see me again in 6 months, I asked "Why? Out of idle curiosity?". :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Thanks for those links Nora :)

Yeah, that's a little crazy!!! Was I in the first 100 pages? I know I was here early, but don't know if it was that early.

I think I saw you pop in once in the first 100 pages.

It was mostly Rachel, Patti, Donna, Calicat, Christine, Celia/Cecile, Mia, Andrea, Mango, and myself....and pop ins from Chelse, Evie, Vincent, Mouse, Judy.....and I am probably forgetting a few people....

Nyxie, glad you posted in another category, hopefully you will get some responses soon.

dlp252 Apprentice
A properly seasoned cast iron skillet is so much better than non-stick!! I just rinse mine and dry it with a paper towel! It doesn't even need washing!

I can't get mine like that, lol. I don't use soap, I just rinse and use a scrubby pad because bits of food stick, then dry it with a towel...I put oil on it immediately while it's still hot/warm and let that sit, then wipe it out. I have to do that every single time I use it, lol. What the heck am I doing wrong?! :ph34r:

There's a lot of good information actually, it should be documented, or spreadsheeted or something!

Probably won't be me for a while, lol. I actually TRIED this once, but gave up because my lymie brain couldn't deal with it all. :P

When he told me he wanted to see me again in 6 months, I asked "Why? Out of idle curiosity?". :lol:

:lol: OMGosh, that is a GREAT answer!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
I saw Evie on the on-line list recently (maybe a couple weeks ago or so). I don't believe she posted, though.

I DON'T THINK SHE CAN GO ON.........JUST CAN READ

THINK THIS IS STILL THE CASE.

JUDY

QUOTE (miamia @ Mar 20 2008, 06:31 AM)

Julie -

ME TOO JUST HEARD ABOUT YOU.

TAKE CARE.

I'M OK.

JUDY

Nyxie63 Apprentice
Nyxie, I don't know what the best thing to do about doctors is. When I found Dr. H, I gave up on the rest of them and let Dr. H handle it all. I don't know if that's the best thing for you, but a lot of Lymies have gut problems, if yours are from the Lyme, a regular GI won't know what to do.

A team of docs like Rachel and Donna have is not a bad idea, but that's not what you're talking about.

Maybe the best thing to do is ask L. about it at your next consut and see what she thinks. I gave up completely on GI docs .... they didn't find my bacterial overgrowth, lack of good bacteria, or my tapeworm. Totally useless to me!

I think you're right. Will let L and Dr H take care of it. They'll refer me to a GI if they think I need something like that. This guy has given up and, for at least right now, is more or less useless.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I think you're right. Will let L and Dr H take care of it. They'll refer me to a GI if they think I need something like that. This guy has given up and, for at least right now, is more or less useless.

I would take comfort that you ruled out everything. :)

Nyxie63 Apprentice
I would take comfort that you ruled out everything. :)

Sort of, I guess. He never did run liver or pancreas panels. Those were done when I ended up in the ER, and those weren't even complete panels.

Still, feel better just letting it go and handing it over to L and Dr H. One less doc on my list, one less thing to worry about.

Also thinking about dumping the holistic MD and letting them deal with my endocrine issues. Trying to simplify, and all that.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I can't get mine like that, lol. I don't use soap, I just rinse and use a scrubby pad because bits of food stick, then dry it with a towel...I put oil on it immediately while it's still hot/warm and let that sit, then wipe it out. I have to do that every single time I use it, lol. What the heck am I doing wrong?! :ph34r:

Well, I have two .... one is vegetarian! :lol:

If I brown meats, I use that skillet .... I scrape it with the spatula the best I can, and scrub as little as I can. It generally needs a little more cleaning.

The other skillet, I never need to do more than scrape with a spatula and rinse. If that doesn't get it clean, I wipe it with a paper towel to see if that will ... the scrubby messes it up and it takes a couple times of cooking and oiling to get it back.

When I cook, I warm the skillet to allow the oil to penetrate before I start cooking.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Also thinking about dumping the holistic MD and letting them deal with my endocrine issues. Trying to simplify, and all that.
I probably would. Dr. H is holistic and knows about all that stuff. :D
mftnchn Explorer

Donna, you could try reseasoning in the oven. You can google for lots of suggestions on that.

I use spectrum shortening for seasoning. You get it warm, then rub on the shortening, then put in the oven (I forget the temperature) for awhile. 30 min to an hour is what I remember. Since you are having trouble, you might do that twice and see what happens.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

That sounds good. I wrestle with this too because my LLMD doesn't necessarily cover the basics that a good GP should do, but finding one to trust is an issue. I hate having to educate them and then be viewed as hypochondriac. It seems like it comes down to educating yourself and then going in to ask for what you think you need.

Sherry

rinne Apprentice

For your second act, you should appear before we think of you :P:lol:

Good luck with your Rinne bars, I hope you figure all the distribution stuff so you can get them out there for all to enjoy!!

ROTFLMAO

Thanks Julie. :)

Do you think I'm justified in wanting to find a new GI?

Hi, more important than what I think, though since you don't know me you probably weren't thinking of me, :) is what do you think? It sounded to me like you didn't feel that you were being heard and the fact that he called it Lymes! Obviously he is not a LLMD.

I just read through the first 100 pages of this thread. :o

I've done the same thing though not lately :ph34r::lol: so if we are crazy I know I am in good company.

Something so veeeerrrrryyyyy wrong about that statement!!! :lol: Glad you're back Rinne!!!

:P We have to get our vegetables someway, why not with chocolate? :lol:

I've served these and watched peoples' faces change from a reluctant willingness to taste them to astonishment at how delicious they are. I love to blow peoples' tiny little minds, mine snapped years ago. :rolleyes::lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Patti,

Yes, please do tell us about your avatar.

Judy,

GOOD TO SEE YOU!

Nyxie,

I'll be watching for updates an what your doctor tells you or what others suggest.

Nora,

Teflon isn't good. I used to use it all the time. I don't like any nonstick but don't have a choice for muffin tins, at least as far as I've seen.

dlp252 Apprentice
Well, I have two .... one is vegetarian! :lol:

If I brown meats, I use that skillet .... I scrape it with the spatula the best I can, and scrub as little as I can. It generally needs a little more cleaning.

The other skillet, I never need to do more than scrape with a spatula and rinse. If that doesn't get it clean, I wipe it with a paper towel to see if that will ... the scrubby messes it up and it takes a couple times of cooking and oiling to get it back.

When I cook, I warm the skillet to allow the oil to penetrate before I start cooking.

Donna, you could try reseasoning in the oven. You can google for lots of suggestions on that.

I use spectrum shortening for seasoning. You get it warm, then rub on the shortening, then put in the oven (I forget the temperature) for awhile. 30 min to an hour is what I remember. Since you are having trouble, you might do that twice and see what happens.

Okay, I'll try all of these suggestions, lol! I use it mostly for frying meat, so maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

:P We have to get our vegetables someway, why not with chocolate? :lol:

I've served these and watched peoples' faces change from a reluctant willingness to taste them to astonishment at how delicious they are. I love to blow peoples' tiny little minds, mine snapped years ago. :rolleyes::lol:

Hum, well I can't wait until THESE are marketed then. :P

Nyxie63 Apprentice
That sounds good. I wrestle with this too because my LLMD doesn't necessarily cover the basics that a good GP should do, but finding one to trust is an issue. I hate having to educate them and then be viewed as hypochondriac. It seems like it comes down to educating yourself and then going in to ask for what you think you need.

Thanks! Confirmation is nice. :)

To be honest, I've had to do all my own trailblazing with every doc I've seen so far, with the exception of the LLMD. I'm ready to let someone else do the driving for a change.

Hi, more important than what I think, though since you don't know me you probably weren't thinking of me, :) is what do you think? It sounded to me like you didn't feel that you were being heard and the fact that he called it Lymes! Obviously he is not a LLMD.

I really didn't know what to think. My perception has been "off" lately and I wasn't sure if I was missing something glaringly obvious or if I was on target this time.

We don't know each other. Perhaps that will change in time. :)

Unbiased opinions are often the best. :)

You're right tho. He really wasn't giving me what I was asking for.

I'll be watching for updates an what your doctor tells you or what others suggest.

Me too! :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
ROFL Patti! Is that actually your cat? Isn't Allo too old for that kind of dancing?

:D You're right--Allo's dancing days are pretty much over. It's a picture I got in an email that I thought was cute--and he does look a little like Allo at that :) .

It was fun to go back :lol: There's a lot of good information actually, it should be documented, or spreadsheeted or something!

Sounds like a job for Donna :lol:

Hi Andrea! :D

I enjoy these little "reunions" :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Okay, I'll try all of these suggestions, lol! I use it mostly for frying meat, so maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

No, it's not wrong, it's just going to require what you're doing every time .... just don't expect to fry a perfect egg in that pan! That's why I have two separate one. The good thing about cast iron is it's so cheap! (Not as cheap as non-stick, but not as pricey as the other stuff)

Archived