This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast

Jin, nice pic! Your hair looks nice. :)

I don't have Peninah's email address. I thought you could only get disability relative to your previous employment over the past five years .... but I don't know for sure .... but I think it's a % of your income.

I'm glad you're finally getting some answers.

We're leaving today. :)

Oh, I took some Transfer Factor the night before last and yesterday morning. It caused a herx. It is something that triggers your own immune system, it does not kill the pathogens itself. It is the first natural supplement that has caused this. I stopped taking it due to my trip, but I was excited to find something natural that is doing something more than helping with detox.

I also had terrible night sweats last night, so it's apparently reaching babesia as well.

I thought some of you might be interested in it. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Carla,

Thank you for the compliments on the hair! I am going to go blonder next time. We had to lighten it gradually. It needs a trim already. Everyone else has really liked it so far, too.

I figured that was the case with disability. There is Social Security as well. My cousin got it despite never working. I honestly do not see how it is possible, but it is worth a try. I have some other people's e-mails I can ask if they know Peninah's address.

Yes, answers have been a long time coming! I am anxious to get the digestive issues resolved. Those are my major trouble. I need to call the company that makes the supplement to be sure it is on dedicated lines. They mention on the label that the supplements are made in a facility that processes wheat. With the severe reaction I experience, I cannot chance it.

Have a nice trip! When will you be back? I wish I could go somewhere. New York would be nice. My dream vacation is shopping at Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Armani.

That is exciting about the Transfer Factor causing a herx! It does sound like it helps with Babesia. Rachel took TF before, but it did not set well with her. I think at that time she had mercury trapped and could not move it. Metals make everything difficult.

Sincerely,

Jin

Green12 Enthusiast

Carla, I think I missed sending you off :( , I'm sure you have left by now :lol: Hope you have a wonderful time in Miami.

Jin, I love your avatar, your hair looks great :) I see what you mean about it being hard to see, but from what we can see it looks like quite a difference in color from before :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Hey, Jin's back and looking mighty spiffy in her new avatar! :P

Missed Carla's send off, but hope you're having fun in Miami, lol.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Kassandra,

I hope this new med works and that your cramps subside. :(:wub: I'm anxiously awaiting your biopsy! I hope you're having fun in Las Vegas! :)

Jin,

Your hair looks lovely! There's a whole section of the forums at www.butyoudontlooksick.com that deals with getting Social Security Disability. (Also, I'd recommend for you reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover... it has some principles that could help you and your family with the money situation. :))

Everyone,

My MRI came back "normal". Not quite sure what that means, I'll find out in August. I've been doing very well this week (I think mainly thanks to the DMPS) and my skin is finally clearing up (yay! :D). I haven't really felt like I have much to contribute, so I'm just following along empathizing and celebrating with everyone... only keeping to myself. :)

Birdy

confusedks Enthusiast
Have a great time, Kassandra--I think getting away is just what you need right about now :D

Yes, thank you!

Oh, I took some Transfer Factor the night before last and yesterday morning. It caused a herx. It is something that triggers your own immune system, it does not kill the pathogens itself. It is the first natural supplement that has caused this. I stopped taking it due to my trip, but I was excited to find something natural that is doing something more than helping with detox.

Which brand are you taking? I started taking TF and it hasn't caused a herx or anything...

Everyone,

I had a great weekend up in Lake Arrowhead! It was a lot of fun. I'm exhausted now, emotionally and physically. More physically though, LOL! :lol:

The bleeding hasn't changed much at all. :(:unsure: I am going to call the Dr tomorrow and see she says to do because I think they wanted to do the D and C when I wasn't bleeding. So, we'll have to see.

I'm going out tonite for my Grandma's 80th Bday! :D:) I won't eat, but it should be fun.

This is a totally random question, what brand of deodorant do you guys use? I need it here in 100 degree weather...but all the ones I try seem to not work. :ph34r: So, any ideas?

AndreaB Contributor
I haven't really felt like I have much to contribute, so I'm just following along empathizing and celebrating with everyone... only keeping to myself. :)

Me too. :)

Glad your skin is clearing up. If I remember correctly eczema can be caused by mercury.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer

I also had terrible night sweats last night, so it's apparently reaching babesia as well.

Carla, I missed your send off as well. I was on TF for several years, I think it was helpful in the whole picture. I went off last winter when it didn't test well with ART.

I didn't notice herxing on it, but I may have early on.

Everyone, I seem to be going into another herx again, having just had a week or so of being 70-90%. This is almost exactly one month since the last one started. Perhaps the increased Vitamin D means my immune system is more active. I haven't started the 3-4 new things that Dr. E gave me. I decided to stay on current regimen until after my blood draw tomorrow, then add them in one at a time. I'm worried about stopping Zith without talking first to my LLMD but am anxious to try the Enula and see if I can get at the babesia. I am starting Humaworm again too.

At least it is cooler tonight and I can try an epsom salt bath.

Sherry

jerseyangel Proficient

Kassandra--Glad you had a nice weekend! :) I use a crystal deodorant--I've been using it for a couple years now and love it. It doesn't protect against wetness (luckily, I don't perspire much), but as far as a deodorant, I've never used anything more effective.

I have my husband using it, too--and he likes it, which says a lot. :lol:

Jin!! Great to see you! You look lovely in your new picture--I really like your hair! The color is very becomming.

miamia Rookie

Kassandra-

Glad you had a good weekend. I cannot believe the bleeding hasen;t stopped I am so sorry.

Andrea-

I am sorry you are still not feeling great.

My acupuncture appt. was interesting. It was 2 hours becasue he did a full work up in terms of question history etc.

so I am going to go again this week and decide if it is something that can really help me.

mftnchn Explorer

Jin, I always appreciate your updates and sure hope one of these remedies works very soon. I like the new picture, too!

Kassandra, still hoping for good news soon that the bleeding stops.

Mia, I'll be interested in what the diagnosis is from the acupuncture perspective.

Andrea, hope you are all well soon, I'll try to call sometime this week. There's been more stuff to do to help my in-laws this weekend, and I seem to only feel good enough in the mornings to get much done. Just took an epsom bath and it helped some.

Sherry

Rachel--24 Collaborator
This is a totally random question, what brand of deodorant do you guys use? I need it here in 100 degree weather...but all the ones I try seem to not work. :ph34r: So, any ideas?

You're not gonna believe this but I use baking soda!

Its like the cheapest deodarant ever...and it lasts months. :D

I stopped using the regular brands when I got sick (because of aluminum and scents). Then I started useing natural stuff but was reacting (salicylates). Then I was using Crystal (I think thats what it was called)...but it wasnt working too great.

I sweat alot when I eat salicylates....if I get too much in my system I'll just keep perspiring all day long. :ph34r: I get night sweats too but at least thats not embarrassing!

So my friend suggested baking soda....I thought she was crazy. I said..."Do people really use that?" :unsure:

She said "I dunno...I never heard of it but it still might work."

So yeah....I been using it for months and its awesome! She was really onto something with that idea. :lol:

I think I'll be using baking soda forever now. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Jin...ditto to what everyone else said! Love the new hair color. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm gonna ship off my OAT test tomorrow. Great Plains also has a sulfate urine test so I'm probably gonna order that one next. No outrageous shipping charge....shipping is free in US. :)

I'm probably gonna have to start all over with my CDSA. It was just way too long from start to finish. :(

I'm still eating cheese but I'm not constipated anymore....so I'm not sure why it happened except to ruin the CDSA test....typical bad luck. :rolleyes:

There's so many tests I wanna take. I look at the form and I just wanna check everything off!! I want all the tests!

For some crazy reason I love taking tests....I would take them all if I could afford it. :lol:

Well...except the stool tests. Those arent too fun. <_<

mhb Apprentice

Rachel, do you make a baking soda paste with water and use it that way?

Martha

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, do you make a baking soda paste with water and use it that way?

Martha

No....I put it on dry. If theres too much I just dust it off.

I know..it sounds totally generic...but it works for me! :lol:

nora-n Rookie

I clicked on a google advertisement link (I never do that otherwise) and there is this guy who does the same things you do, coffee enemas, detox etc. (found out from googling thiscureworks, some forum comments mention some things used. The forum was some candida forum) They say it costs quite a bit. Metals are the problem according to him.

He sells an ebook.

A person on the delphi celiac forum was writing a book, and she now announced she had turned in the manuscript. I thought it was about celiac, but it was about Gluten-free Casein-free and autism and other things re. autism. Open Original Shared Link

nora

Green12 Enthusiast

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miamia Rookie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA!!!!!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Happy, Happy Birthday, Donna!!!!! :D:D:D

Green12 Enthusiast

I just noticed it is Susie UK's birthday also.

Happy Birthday to you too Susie if you are out there reading along. Hope you are doing well :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Thank you girls! Happy birthday to SusieUK too!

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea, hope you are all well soon, I'll try to call sometime this week. There's been more stuff to do to help my in-laws this weekend, and I seem to only feel good enough in the mornings to get much done. Just took an epsom bath and it helped some.

No problem Sherry. I'm sorry about the herx, but glad the epsom salt bath helped a bit. Try to get the rest you need and if you need me to run errands, let me know.

There's so many tests I wanna take. I look at the form and I just wanna check everything off!! I want all the tests!

For some crazy reason I love taking tests....I would take them all if I could afford it. :lol:

:lol:

Affording tests is definately a hinderance to getting them done. I'm going to have to rely totally on ART to figure out how much of a problem metals are for me as I don't have the funds to get another hair analysis and urine challenge......not to mention my doctor is now a 4 1/2 hour drive from me. <_<

Happy Birthday Donna!

AndreaB Contributor

I haven't seen SusieUK for quite awhile.

Happy Birthday Susie!

aprilh Apprentice
I did find the enzymes, now im trying to figure out which ones are best.

paula

Paula - can you post this site again? I need to look into this for a friends child.

I use something all natural (no aluminum) with tea tree oil in it.

When I am really yeasty, I seem to be more prone to odor under there and this deoderant worked!

You're not gonna believe this but I use baking soda!

I'll have to try that!

Archived