This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

confused Community Regular

Happy Birthday Kassandra, have a great 18th birthday

Donna,

Im sorry you are in some pain. I hope all the test come back with good news.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
You will have to name that thread OMG Part 2 :lol:

:lol:

I think "OMG Part 2" will HAVE to be about FOOD and FUN!!! :D

It wont be about the stuff we have to avoid.....but all the stuff we're racheling because we CAN. :D

It'll be like "Real World Rachelville" :lol:

There will be ICE CREAM for everyone......oh yeah...and CHEESE too. ;)

I'll be sending Rinne my orders....."10 cases of Rinne bars please" :D

You very good at breaking down all this complicated information and making it easy to understand!

Thanks.....I try to make it as simple as possible.

I'm not always good at it though. Remember a few months back, when I had everyone's head's spinning from the sulfation scientificness?? :ph34r:

I think everyone was mad at me for hurting their brains. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY KASSANDRA!!!

I hope you're feeling ok today and are able to enjoy your special day. :)

What are you doing to celebrate??

jerseyangel Proficient
The biopsy went well I think. I won't know anything until next week though.

Glad that part is over, Donna. Hope your sore throat and chest feel better soon :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Donna,

Glad you're done with the test. Now its all fun and games in VEGAS!! :D

Seems like lots of us are waiting on test results again. :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Sherry,

What test are you doing to check your Vit. D levels??

Is it SpectraCell.....or some other test specifically for Vit. D.??

I just checked my SpectraCell results. I had 13%....the reference range is <21%.....so it looks pretty good according to these results.

Green12 Enthusiast
The biopsy went well I think. I won't know anything until next week though. The ampulla is still abnormally large so he did indeed take samples of it. He also took samples of my esophagus.

Judging by how painful my throat and chest is today, when I swallow it feels like something is stuck in my esophagus...right about where the boobs are, lol. And the upper throat is starting to feel the same way.

If my co-worker was here this week, I would have definitely stayed home...still dizzy and feeling really tired.

Donna, thanks for the update.

I'm glad the procedure is over and that you got some decent sleep yesterday and last night.

I hope the dizziness doesn't last, and hopefully the rest of the day will go really fast so you can get home and get some more rest! Hope the pain and discomfort goes down too :)

I think "OMG Part 2" will HAVE to be about FOOD and FUN!!! :D

It wont be about the stuff we have to avoid.....but all the stuff we're racheling because we CAN. :D

It'll be like "Real World Rachelville" :lol:

There will be ICE CREAM for everyone......oh yeah...and CHEESE too. ;)

Mmmm cheese and ice cream :D I think possibly the two best foods created :lol:

Sounds like a plan!!

I had the 25-Hydroxy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, yeah, I REALLY miss cheese, lol!

Cheese and heavy cream! and cream cheese, yogurt, butter!

OMGosh, :lol: I forgot...I got a nice little RED bracelet yesterday in the hospital that listed all my "allergies" :lol:

The nurse that came to put it on me asked "what's casein?" I got to explain to her what it was, lol.

They made fun of my allergies! :lol: (teasingly in a good way--I had really FUN great nurses)

AndreaB Contributor
The nurse that came to put it on me asked "what's casein?" I got to explain to her what it was, lol.

They made fun of my allergies! :lol: (teasingly in a good way--I had really FUN great nurses)

:o:huh:

:lol::lol:

ShadowSwallow Newbie

OMGosh, :lol: I forgot...I got a nice little RED bracelet yesterday in the hospital that listed all my "allergies" :lol:

That happens to me all the time. It seems like I always get the fun nurses whenever I have to go in or get a blood draw. :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASSANDRA!!!!!

miamia Rookie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KASSANDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna-

Happy its over for you will be looking forward to hearing the results.

tom Contributor

HAPPY 18th KASSANDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D:)

Guest tamedandfoxed

ugh.. this antibiotic is making my yeast explode! obviously.. i've been good and haven't eaten really any sugar though! but my sinuses are so clogged i have a constant headache... i am hoping it is just an increase in symptoms as the bacteria is searched out and killed...i REALLY hope it isn't all for nothing!!!

*sigh*

Guest tamedandfoxed

happy b-day Kassandra!!

Green12 Enthusiast

Cheese is pretty dreamy....the whole dairy category is pretty dreamy :lol::lol:

I'm eating several small meals a day making sure protein is in every one of them. I do 2 whey protein shakes a day with my allowed fruit and I am tolerating the whey so well, hard to believe myself :huh:

ugh.. this antibiotic is making my yeast explode! obviously.. i've been good and haven't eaten really any sugar though! but my sinuses are so clogged i have a constant headache... i am hoping it is just an increase in symptoms as the bacteria is searched out and killed...i REALLY hope it isn't all for nothing!!!

Aww Katy, I'mso sorry about this :(

Neti pot rinses might be helpful for clearing out all the crud in your sinuses.

AndreaB Contributor

Hang in there Katy! I hope this stuff works too.

Dairy, definately a good thing if your body tolerates it. :D Ok, I'm missing my ice cream now.....we are out and hubby is out of range since he's not picking up his phone.

confusedks Enthusiast

Thanks everyone! :)

I woke up with a huge amount of balloons outside my door. :)

I went shopping with my mom, but ran out of energy after one store, so we came home.

I decided to let myself eat whatever I want today because I've been really strict sulfur free lately. So, I have a gluten-free cake baking in the oven...and I had some mac and cheese! :D

I'm going out to dinner tonite and that's it. :) Just a nice, peaceful day.

Green12 Enthusiast

Sounds like you've had a good day Kassandra :)

Enjoy your dinner and your cake!

jerseyangel Proficient

Enjoy your dinner out and your birthday cake, Kassandra! :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Cheese is pretty dreamy....

Yeah....totally! Cheeeeeese. :wub:

I decided to let myself eat whatever I want today because I've been really strict sulfur free lately. So, I have a gluten-free cake baking in the oven...and I had some mac and cheese!

I'm going out to dinner tonite and that's it. Just a nice, peaceful day.

Cake + man n cheese.....does it get any better than this?? B)

It sounds like a really nice birthday.....enjoy your dinner. :)

Nanjkay Apprentice
Many people are not able to recover from Lyme without addressing heavy metals. They are a huge burden on the immune system. The goal in Lyme treatment is not only to reduce the bacterial load....but also to build up the immune system so that it is able to keep Lyme in check....without the need for abx.

At some point you want to be able to stop the meds and for your immune system to control the bacteria on its own. Unfortunately, that is not possible as long as the body is still toxic from heavy metals....so its definately an important part of it....not to be overlooked.

Rachel-

Thanks for all the time and effort in your reply. About the metals...I have Graves now for 12 years and although I didn't know I had Lyme I knew I had a metals problem. It is of my opinion that Graves is a mercury problem. And then I have awful endometrioisis, PCOS etc, and as we have all discussed this is a copper toxicity issue.

I also have a methyl pathway block and have extreme difficulty doing any type of detox...even the precursors to detox, like B12 shots...the whole Amy Yasko protocol.

So it is like a trifecta vicious cycle for me...can't get the metals out til I repair the methylation process, can't repair the methyl process, so I have to work on the bacteria for now and maybe as I get a little better, I can work on the other two...

If I can repair my detox pathways, I can chelate a little and hopefully that will help my thyroid because I have not been able to take my proper thyroid supplementation for 8 months now. My body accepts no T3 whatsoever...I have tried all kinds in every dose regimen...so I am very, very hypo thyroid. Can't wait for winter with my cold feet!! So, anyway, that is the vicious cycle I am dealing with for now.

I thought about Enula but I have problems with tinctures... I did find it for much cheaper by the way on Susan Ambrosini's herb club website. It is 27.50 or something like that.

And fortunately, my new LLMD did muscle testing with me..he called it kinesiology. Before prescribing any anti-biotic, I held each one and he muscle tested me. He also held T3 up to my thyroid and I got so weak it confirmed my problem to him.

What I will do, on my next appointment, I will bring in my herbs and have him test them as well! Good idea.

I did find a Lyme literate dentist in the area, and will make an appointment for my filling.

Thanks again Rachel and everyone for the support.

happy birthday to Kassandra!

Nancy

AndreaB Contributor
Enjoy your dinner and your cake!

Enjoy your dinner out and your birthday cake, Kassandra! :D

What they said. :D

Nancy,

Sounds like you have a good doctor anyway. Hope you can start making baby step progress so you can work on getting a handle on the thyroid and metals.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel-

Thanks for all the time and effort in your reply. About the metals...I have Graves now for 12 years and although I didn't know I had Lyme I knew I had a metals problem. It is of my opinion that Graves is a mercury problem. And then I have awful endometrioisis, PCOS etc, and as we have all discussed this is a copper toxicity issue.

I do believe that Graves is a metal problem....both mercury and copper have been linked to Graves Disease. I'm totally in agreement with you on that one.

Mercury and copper are also both very strongly linked with yeast. I think these issues go hand-in-hand. There is also a strong relationship between mercury and Lyme. Thats why these same issues are usually co-existing.

I recently posted about a link between yeast and endometriosis, PCOS and other problems affecting the reproductive organs. However, as most of us a know....the yeast doesnt become a problemn all on its own. So its a vicious cycle....one thing leads to another and eventually we're dealing with a multitude of problems.

I also have a methyl pathway block and have extreme difficulty doing any type of detox...even the precursors to detox, like B12 shots...the whole Amy Yasko protocol.

So it is like a trifecta vicious cycle for me...can't get the metals out til I repair the methylation process, can't repair the methyl process, so I have to work on the bacteria for now and maybe as I get a little better, I can work on the other two...

How did you find out about the methylation block?? Did you have Nutrigenomic analysis of the methylation pathway as part of Amy Yasko's protocol??

I'm asking because I may have the testing done at some point.

It seems to me that those who have a methylation block are more likely to have chronic infections. I'm curious about that because I actually do not seem to have the problems with Lyme that most are having (even though I have been exposed). For me the sulfation pathway has been more of an issue.....and my problems/symptoms are more related to foods and other things normally processed through PST/sulfation.

I'm doing what I can to support the sulfation pathway...but I would also be interested in specific testing for the methylation pathway.

If I can repair my detox pathways, I can chelate a little and hopefully that will help my thyroid because I have not been able to take my proper thyroid supplementation for 8 months now. My body accepts no T3 whatsoever...I have tried all kinds in every dose regimen...so I am very, very hypo thyroid. Can't wait for winter with my cold feet!! So, anyway, that is the vicious cycle I am dealing with for now.

Are you reacting to T3? If so.....it might be helpful to try some type of desensitization treatment for that. I had alot of desensitization treatments awhile back. I'm not sure how much they helped but if you know for certain that your immune system is reactive to T3....it might be worthwhile to try it.

I assume you tried Armour?

Anyways, I'm not sure if you meant that your body isnt utilizing T3....or if you're reacting to it.....or both. We can become reactive to pretty much anything.....including hormones...and when that happens I believe it interferes with how the body handles these things.

I thought about Enula but I have problems with tinctures...

I had problems with tinctures as well. What worked for me was allowing the drops to sit in warm water for up to an hour before taking it. Most of the time its the alcohol that people have problems with...letting it sit in warm water allows for most of the alcohol to evaporate.

And fortunately, my new LLMD did muscle testing with me..he called it kinesiology. Before prescribing any anti-biotic, I held each one and he muscle tested me. He also held T3 up to my thyroid and I got so weak it confirmed my problem to him.

I'm glad that your LLMD does some muscle testing. Thats always helpful. :)

If you feel comfortable with it and if theres anyone in your area who does ART....I would highly recommend it.

When we are sick the autonomic nervous system may be "blocked"....and it often is. So with traditional kinesiology the results may not be accurate because the body is not able to respond appropriately. With ART the first thing they do is check for blocked/unblocked regulation.

A patient has to be "open" in order to proceed with testing. This gives very reliable results.

What I will do, on my next appointment, I will bring in my herbs and have him test them as well! Good idea.

I did find a Lyme literate dentist in the area, and will make an appointment for my filling.

Sounds like you are on the right track. :)

mftnchn Explorer
Sherry,

Is it SpectraCell.....or some other test specifically for Vit. D.??

I just checked my SpectraCell results. I had 13%....the reference range is <21%.....so it looks pretty good according to these results.

Well, I am having Spectracell, but also a blood draw. On the form it is called VDOH (Vit D, 25 OH). Sometimes they also do the 1, 25 but apparently it is not the main one. Its a regular blood draw but has to be immediately iced and transported on ice.

Beware of the spectracell information on Vitamin D, it is hugely outdated. My allergist was quite incensed at how bad their information was. I don't know about their reference ranges because it doesn't really compare that well with the blood draw ranges which is what is in most of the literature. My January Spectracell Vit D level was 18 with reference range <18% and was considered quite low. My LLMD said to look at the graphs.

Not sure why we have different reference ranges, when was yours done?

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Happy Birthday Kassandra, a little late, but hope you enjoyed your peaceful day and your splurges on the diet, you've earned it.

I've been splurging a little this week too, had ice cream (I can't do that in China due to unknown ingredients) and have been making rice pudding in my rice cooker. So good!

Donna, so happy to hear you are through the procedure and hope that the soreness is very short-lived. Looking forward to hearing the results.

Today's my first Enula day...and so far I am feeling good. I'm going to try the drops in water Rachel, because I really don't think the alcohol agrees that well with me at times. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sherry

Archived