This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

confusedks Enthusiast

I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I'm going to be out of town through Sunday night. I'm just going away for a couple days. Should have a really great time! It's perfect also because I'm going with a lot of friends, so I will be able to get my mind off of this "uterine" stuff. :)

I'll see ya all later! :wub: (Thanks for the support lately...)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Kassandra, I won't "see" you till the fourth then!! I'll have my phone but not my computer .... so text me if you find out anything while I'm gone! ;) Have a great time!

AndreaB Contributor

Have a fun weekend Kassandra. :)

mhb Apprentice

Rachel, I found this thread searching for something else. (Don't recall what.) Thank you for sharing your story; it's been helpful to me. gluten-free/DF is not enough. I need to check out corn since it seems everything causes some bloating. I don't have nearly the severe issues you've suffered but your posts help me process nonetheless.

Anyway, it's been awhile, so how are you doing? Does it still seem to be MSG? Were you able to reincorpoarate other allergens as long as no MSG?

Martha

jerseyangel Proficient

Have a great time, Kassandra--I think getting away is just what you need right about now :D

Miamia--Hope the accupuncture helps. :)

aprilh Apprentice
Kassandra-

I am so sorry to hear the bleeding has gotten worse . Hopefully the new meds will help and the cramping will subside.

I have an acupuncture appt. today. I have done acupuncture but not for a very long time. This guy is supposedly amazing but I am still skeptical becasue I feel so bad and while I believe in acupuncture I guess I just wonder if it will really be able to help me at this point. Still its worth a shot so today I have my first appointment.

Miamia

Miamia,

I found acupuncture very helpful for me. I was having all kinds of wierd pains and issues I just couldn't resolve and it has helped tremendously. I went every week for about 2 months, but now I don't have to go as often.

Hope it helps you too. Keep in mind, it might take a few treatments before you notice substantial improvement.

I look forward to going now!!

April

tabasco32 Apprentice
Well I finally finished the test....thanks to a few handfuls of chocolate chips. :huh:

Yeah, cheese definitely clogs me up. I wonder why cheese does that but not ice cream?? I guess cheese is just thicker and stickier.

So if I eat cheese I need ice cream to go. So it's better to not have cheese I guess.

Rachel do you still take the magnesium and vit c that you got from Dr. M? Doesn't it help you to go?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Yeah, cheese definitely clogs me up. I wonder why cheese does that but not ice cream?? I guess cheese is just thicker and stickier.

Hi Lisa, how have you been doing lately?

Cheese is very binding, it definitely makes my bowels sluggish, most of the time giving me full blown C for a few days.

Kassandra, that's great you are going to get away for a few days. I think it will be good for your soul :) I hope you have a great time with your friends , laugh lots and have fun!!! :wub:

Mia, im so sorry you have been struggling so much lately. I enjoyed my acupuncture appts, I hope they will help you :wub:

nora-n Rookie

Martha-mhb , it turned out to be something different, it was heavy metal toxicity because of impaired methylation pathways, and is easier explained with that autistic kids have the same metal problems. Things that make metal detox pathways not working properly have been discussed in this thread, like salicylates, lyme, oxalates (and yeast in the gut creates lots of oxalates...) and I have forgotten some I am sure.

One of the latest things we know that hinders metal detox pathways is low vitamin D. Increasing the blood level of vitaminD is supposed to increase glutathione which is absolutely necessary for metal detox pathways.

Coffee enemas increase glutathione too and have been discussed here.

Epsom salt baths detox but chlorine in the water causes the baths not to work good enough.

Some have discovered they have or had parasites of different kinds and shapes. They make things worse.

They also discussed for example charcoal which is needed to absorb heavy metals, and cilantro just moves heavy metals and one probably needs to take something that binds the released heavy metals if taking any cilantro or things get worse. Zinc is needed but may cause mercury to go even deeper. There has been a lot about mercury here.

Copper toxicity also causes mercury to get stuck, and one cause of high copper may be pyloruria, of which several kinds exist, some kinds are only present with stress. There is a lot on pylorurria and porphyrin testing online.

The testing that many have found best is a muscle testing called ART and Dr. Klinghardt from Germany invented or made this popular. They test foods, medicines and supplements , and it seems to be very accurate. I think it involves using one extra person touching the patient but I might be wrong. They can also find lyme or other things they suspect.

We have discussed Lyme here a lot and the sickest patients have negative blood tests because Lyme knocks out the immune system so much. Lyme is aslo a cause of heavy metal buildup.

Some have IV detox treatments and some are very sensitive and do not tolerate any of that stuff yet and are working on getting better so they can have treatments....so just getting iv detox treatments is not for everyone. An urine test is done in connection with those iv treatments to see how much is actually coming out and one had consistently high copper, and figured out herself that copper may be a huge problem for her and is trying to find out why copper is high, if it is genetic, an enzyme defect, or just happened.

Others primarily treat lyme and use some other detox

Just trying to sum up some things I remember. I have had mercury filllings removed too so I follow some of these subjects.

I might be mistaken in some of the things I listed.

nora

Herman Newbie
Still havent got an shower filter. But today i skipped my bath and just sponge bathed with bottled water and i felt so much better. So now i know it is the chlorine that is hindering me all over again.

Now i guess i have to get an filter head,

Hi everyone, I found this forum and this thread while searching for info on stevia (trying to find out whether it could possibly be doing the nasty things I suspected it of, had anyone anywhere ever reported such problems). Then I got hooked trying to tease out information for an acquaintance who gets nasty pus breakouts when she takes any medicine or supplement. Still working on all that, but what made me register tonight is so I could put in my 2 cents on this shower business. I gather a lot of you are in Santa Clara county, as I am. Don't know whether "confused" is in Santa Clara county but if you are, a shower filter isn't going to do any good. I loved shower filters back when our water had chlorine. But for the last few years our tap water has had chloramine instead, and from what I read practically NOTHING will filter that nasty stuff out. Sorry not to go into more detail, I'm sure you can Google it. If I wait and look up the sources I'll never get around to posting this. Anyway, hope it helps. It makes me SO mad to see a supposedly responsible local store like Elephant Pharmacy selling these filters in our area where they won't do any good.

mhb Apprentice

Wow Nora, thanks for all that! Another whole world now to be aware of - toxic metal buildup. What next? Were you answering for Rachel? After I posted, the replies came up on a whole new page of I guess the same thread, but with an entirely different dialog taking place. Confusing. Maybe I thought I'd finished the thread but there were more pages, and my post went to the very end.

Anyway, thanks.

PS What does "Pinned" mean before the topic on the main forum pages?

CarlaB Enthusiast

Welcome to the thread mhb and Herman.

Mhb, there are over 2000 pages to this thread!!! I doubt you read them all. ;) I'm glad you're sticking around and figuring it out. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Morning everyone!

Welcome Herman! Yep, I'm in Santa Clara County...I didn't know WHAT was in our water, but suspected that none of it was any good, lol. I'll have to look that one up.

PS What does "Pinned" mean before the topic on the main forum pages?

When posts are pinned, they will sort of come to the top of the forum list. Until they are pinned they go to the very end. The thread may not stay at the top if there are no new posts though.

Welcome to our epic thread, lol. You have to check back often here because we can put up three pages in a day (or sometimes more if we're on a hot topic, lol).

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, I found this thread searching for something else. (Don't recall what.) Thank you for sharing your story; it's been helpful to me. gluten-free/DF is not enough. I need to check out corn since it seems everything causes some bloating. I don't have nearly the severe issues you've suffered but your posts help me process nonetheless.

Anyway, it's been awhile, so how are you doing? Does it still seem to be MSG? Were you able to reincorpoarate other allergens as long as no MSG?

Martha

Hi Martha,

This thread has been active for over 2 years now......so I'm not sure where you were reading from but if it was the beginning pages that info. is kind of outdated. :P I moved onto alot of other things since then. :)

We've discussed MANY topics here. I've since found some really good doctors, been tested for many different things. Its been a lengthy process but I've improved quite a bit since those first pages.

I found that I'm intolerant to many food chemicals. MSG was only one but there are many others. I follow the Feingold/Failsafe Diets with very good results.

I have lost alot of my symptoms but I am not "better"....meaning that I have the symptoms under control as long as I stick to these diets.....but the problems which have led to all of this are not yet resolved.

My goal is to identify the underlying factors and to treat those problems so that I do not reamin on these restricted diets indefinately.

It was believed that mercury toxicity was a cause for my problems....but recent test results do not support this so we are now doing furthur testing. I think mercury was one of the triggers for my problems but its actually not the cause for my symptoms. It may have contributed to some of the dysfunction. I dont have all of those answers at this time.

I do have problems with yeast and have in the past tested positive for clostridium difficile toxins so there is some indication that dysbiosis is probably an issue.

I also have problems with one of my detox pathways (sulfation) which is the most likely reason for my reactions to food chemicals.

They have to be processed out by an enzyme which is related to the sulfation pathway. If the enzyme is deficient the chemicals cannot be broken down and eliminated quite as efficiently...so they accumulate and reach toxic levels. My reactions are not caused by an immune response to these foods....its more of toxicity thing rather than an allergic thing.

This is the same pathway often impaired in Autism. Restricting the foods which need to be broken down by this enzyme takes the burden off of the enzyme so that it can better cope with other things and it also reduces the toxicity in the body.

So thats what I do in order to feel well....I'm on the diets and I do a couple other things to help support the sulfation pathway.

In the meantime I'm still having tests done to get to the root of the problem.

Certain microbes in the gut can overload this system with their toxins....so we are focusing on the gut issues now. There are other possibilities as far as what is burdening the sulfation pathway and so those things are being looked into as well.

I'm still a work in progress. I'm not quite *there* yet.....but I've learned a ton in the past couple years. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I gather a lot of you are in Santa Clara county, as I am. Don't know whether "confused" is in Santa Clara county but if you are, a shower filter isn't going to do any good. I loved shower filters back when our water had chlorine. But for the last few years our tap water has had chloramine instead, and from what I read practically NOTHING will filter that nasty stuff out.

Interesting.

I'm in Santa Clara county during the week....and San Joaquin county on the weekend (where I live). I have a shower filter at home and I feel like its helped.

During the week I was using a bath ball and I do not feel that its as effective. I figured it was because of the method....the bath ball just *seems* like it wouldnt work nearly as well.

I would assume that Elephant Pharmacy...(like any other health store in the area) would sell these filters totally unaware that chlorine is not used in the water...and that chloramine is used instead.

I would never have known if I hadnt read your post! So yeah.....I guess there's no point in using my bathball. :rolleyes:

confused Community Regular

Herman,

Im not in california, I am in colorado. The chlorine and arsenic is what is causing many of my health problems.

Everyone,

I got an shower head this morning and my water smelled so much better. I for once did not get nasuated after the bath. it was really nice.

I am now reacting to potatoes tho and im getting frustrated with all of this.

Rachel,

I really need that link again for the enzymes. I want to try them out to be able to eat cheese and soy again. I need to add some food back in before im eating beef and peas like you lol.

Today was my baby girls 4th birthday. I was so jalous watching them eat cake and ice cream that i almost said forget it and give me a piece lol.

Opps before i forget. I got my detox pads from the ones scott says to get. I tried one thenightbefore last and i feel it did pull out some toxins. I didnt want to do it last night cause i wanted to be in tiptop shape today for the birthday party lol

paula

confused Community Regular

I did find the enzymes, now im trying to figure out which ones are best.

paula

mhb Apprentice

Yowza, monster thread! Glad you're making progress Rachel. You have what it takes to get to the bottom of things. Here's for some good luck along with all your efforts! I am breaking from eliminations to try acupuncture and Chinese herbs for my bloating and constipation. Also the Okinawa diet which did wonders for my bloating last winter. Turns out it's naturally low in gluten - the way I was doing it - but I didn't know the gluten issue then. Now I am experimenting no gluten (had a couple mild challenge reactions) and no dairy, plus Okinawa diet principles and Chinese medicine. Haven't ruled out further food intolerances but wish to try this approach first, since Okinawa was so good, and I did eat some dairy, soy and oatmeal then.

Martha

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, Adam and I are leaving for Miami tomorrow. :) We are not taking our computers, but I will have my iPhone, so if anything important happens, have Kassandra email or text me. :) Not that everything isn't important .... but some things (like Kassandra's biopsy) are more important than others. ;)

See you later in the week, we'll be back around the 4th.

AndreaB Contributor

Have fun Carla! :D

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Everyone,

Sorry I have not been reading along and posting. Between doctors' visits and trying to clean up this house, getting down to the computer has not been as easy as it used to be. I really wish I had a laptop. That would really help. I am behind on e-mails, PMs, and everything else on the planet!

I was very excited to receive an update from Julie and her recent appointment with Dr. Z. I wonder if that is the same Dr. Z I have seen on the Internet and read about? He is German. This physician deals more with Candida and illnesses of that nature. Of course, it is no surprise. Homeopathy started in Germany.

I had another appointment with Dr. D Friday. I had tried the Zypan, which was a mix of HCl and enzymes, but the reflux became too severe after two days without the PPIs. I had to go back to taking the Prilosec twice daily, which I hated to do. There was no way I would get any sleep if I did not, though. Feeling like you swallowed a netsuke dragon just is not tolerable!

Right now, I am two steps away from needing IVs! That is not good at all. At least now there is validation for how bad I feel. Dr. D is trying me on Okra Pepsin or Peptase next. He feels I need to heal my gut so I can tolerate the enzymes and such. Then I should be able to absorb nutrients. Dr. D also pointed out that if he gave me something for Lyme, it would do no good if I could not absorb it. Hopefully, I will finally get my blood work done for my WBs Monday.

Money is so tight right now it is constantly worrying us all. It just infuriates me that my father has the audacity to complain about how much my doctor's appointment and supplements are when he buys everything off of E-Bay! I am sick of having to beg and barter for food, my medications, and basic needs. This is really absurd! No one deserves to be treated like a second-class citizen by their parents, especially when they are the only ones doing any form of housework, cooking, etc.

I was wondering if anyone who used to go on Lyme Chat has peninah's e-mail. I had written it in a notebook. The thing is, I use a ream of paper per week writing and drawing, and have no clue which one I wrote it in now. Although I need to go through them, I need the paperwork now! Peninah had the forms that pretty much assure you disability. I would appreciate it if someone could PM me with her e-mail address.

One thing I may have figured out is why I cannot eat cereal all the time. I never tolerated iron when I was a baby. It does not irritate my system if I eat spinach or beef, but supplements and foods it is added to are always problematic. I got very ill this morning after eating Gluten-Free Rice Chex, where I had eaten it for several days in a row and had done fine. I ate more than usual, though.

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. Welcome to Herman and mhb!

AndreaB Contributor

Good to hear from you Jin! :D

Sorry the initial meds didn't go over well with you. Hope you can get the WB's done and get some answers there.

Love your new pic btw. :D

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

My body does not like food, let alone supplements or medications! :rolleyes: I certainly am glad to be posting again. It feels strange not being caught up with everyone. I miss you guys! :wub: I hope you got over that terrible cold/flu you had.

The WBs really will be helpful. Thank goodness others on here can help me read them once I am able to get them done. Results will likely take two weeks or so. You know how blood work takes an eternity to get back! :( Waiting is enough to drive you crazy! I told Mom we have to get up early Monday morning to get it done to be sure the hospital does not mess it up. We cannot take any chances, since I only have one shot at this.

Thank you for the compliments on the avatar! :D This is me and Mom at Steph's wedding reception. I made a cropped version of only my face, but for some reason, it does not show up in the files when I tried to use it for my avatar. I will e-mail you all the pics from the wedding. We have one of Steph and her new husband, one with me and the bride, another of the wedding party at the altar, and the one you see here.

Sincerely,

Jin

AndreaB Contributor

Jin,

I hate waiting for my own or others test results. :P

Still got the cold and hubby's getting over the virus. I think the two of us and S are the only ones still sick.....unless someone else decides to come down with this again. :huh: I certainly hope not! <_<

I'll look forward to seeing the pics. :)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

Waiting for test results drives everyone crazy! It makes you a nervous wreck. I think I am just more worried that the lab will mess it up. That is my primary concern at the moment. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly. I hate going to the hospital for blood work, because it takes them three hours at times before they get it done!

Sorry to hear your family is still fighting that terrible virus. Colds are often difficult to get rid of. I used to go into Bronchitis every single time I caught a cold as a child and teenager. However, a few years ago, I discovered Sambucol. I only took a week to get completely over mine, as opposed to two or three weeks for everyone else. I could not believe it.

A lingering cough was one of the major frustrations for anyone who caught that virus. Mom and Dad took quite some time to get over it. I gave my brother some Sambucol, and he felt better the next day and could not believe it! He only had taken one dose. Since black elderberry extract boosts immunity by anywhere between 150 to 300 percent, no wonder! Although a dental assistant told me you cannot catch the same cold twice, I prefer to be cautious and sanitize my toothbrush anyway. If it is made of hard plastic, I stick it in the dishwasher with the silverware.

The pics are not very good, but they are all I have right now. I took some with my digital camera, and they are pretty good. The trouble is, I need to find the batteries so I can upload them to my computer. I am not sure if you can see my hair well or not in this photo. Mom could not believe how dark my natural color is growing in. I told her it was darker than she thought!

Sincerely,

Jin

Archived