This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

jerseyangel Proficient
It just takes a lot of time to heal, especially when you've had it for so long without a diagnosis!

Thank you. I straightened part of it, and used the straightening iron to curve it under on the longer pieces (it's still layered). This pic shows how much of the dark color she added underneath. She will add more on top as we go along, but she didn't think the blonde would hold it very well.

I bought my husband some stevia packets so he'd stop using Splenda. I don't know why he won't just use sugar ... anyway, they have fiber in them, so I thought that with all scrambled eggs and overcooked veggies I'm eating right now (my teeth hurt :( ) I could use the fiber, so I started using it. BAD IDEA. They have inulin fiber. OMGosh! It definately does not agree with me. I knew it wasn't gluten as the only symptom was d, so I kept looking and found that inulin can cause stomach upset and diarrhea. The website said that it's a relatively new product and will end up being used in other products. So, if you have a mystery attack, here's something else to look for. Two of my kids take a chewable dietary fiber supplement with inulin, and they have no problems with it at all. The talk on the website I found was that they were adding it to yogurt and kifir.

I like the dark underneath :) Thanks for the stevia tip--I use either regular sugar or sugar in the raw and I really don't use too much of it--mostly the raw in my tea.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rinne Apprentice

That was interesting information about the canned tomatoes Rachel, thanks for more scientificness.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Sometimes I dont get it...I'm a small girl with Lyme Disease and these are healthy guys twice my size. :huh:

Well clearly YOU are the alien here..... ;) I don't know....it's my personal opinion that exercise is good for almost all conditions - i.e., use it or lose it, BUT.....it would be better if you didn't have to physically work so hard......your body is worn out.

OMG I got the foxwood back....it looks totally undamaged!!! will need very high-tech camera and lighting to photograph, I'm working on that (a friend of a friend, professional digitial photographer).....

okay and more unrelated than I've ever been on this thread (maybe?)....

THE BULLDOGS :angry: ARE PLAYING TODAY IN 20 MINUTES (and soem of you here know what that means)...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (um, it's my little inside joke with God, it was my ex's favorite team, and they are having the worst losing streak in the history of their football team.... :rolleyes::P:lol::rolleyes::P:lol::rolleyes::P:lol: which makes me exceedingly happy!!!

okay....gotta go root against the team now :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

So glad it's fixed, Susan!!! Yay! I used to paint, so I know how much effort goes into one of those!!

Booo Bulldogs!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
THE BULLDOGS :angry: ARE PLAYING TODAY IN 20 MINUTES (and soem of you here know what that means)...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (um, it's my little inside joke with God, it was my ex's favorite team, and they are having the worst losing streak in the history of their football team.... :rolleyes::P:lol::rolleyes::P:lol::rolleyes::P:lol: which makes me exceedingly happy!!!

Susan...I was reading about this on the other thread.... :lol::lol:

Oh...the joy of it all....watching his favorite team getting their butts kicked over and over!!

Is there anything more satisfying than this? :lol:

Hehe...I will ROOT ROOT ROOT for the Bulldogs to LOSE.....AGAIN. ;)

AndreaB Contributor

:lol::lol:

Down with the Dogs!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

awwww thanks girls.....ha ha ha ha ha :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

x

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Just a drive by....working on the house some with my mom....wanted to say hi though...hope all is well with everyone in Rachelville....xoxo

Hi Laura,

Glad to see your keepin busy and in good spirits. Also glad your mom is helping....she sounds great. :)

Enjoy your weekend.

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks for touching bases Laura.

Enjoy your time with your folks and hubby this weekend.

Mtndog Collaborator

Boooo Bulldogs! Blech!

Patti- I hope you feel better.

I had a very strange revelation today. My hubby and I were driving to a state park to go for a walk in the woods and I woke up feeling kind of yucky today. Really achey and I've been exhausted for the last three days (yes- I know I've been doing a lot).

I remembered that before I started to get really sick, hubby and I had gone camping in Maine and were literally molested by bugs all weekend. I felt really sick the entire week after and about a week later I made hubby take me to the ER because I felt like I was dying. They ran some tests (I told them about camping and the bugs) and just said I was dehydrated. Looking back, I thought, oh I drank beer that weekend, must have been the gluten (I hadn't been diagnosed yet) but now I'm wondering. I definitely feel better than I did in our apartment, and I could still be detoxing and healing, but I'm wondering if I should get tested.

They did test me for Lyme at the beginning of all this, but I know it wasn't Igenex.

Strange I never remembered that until now. Always chocked it up to the blueberry beer I drank that weekend!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Hi Laura - - nice to see you and have a great weekend!

HI Evie! I see you! :)

Bev - all of your terrible symptoms, and you have really suffered a while, do sound suspiciously like Lyme.....can you get a re-test from Igenix? You have felt yucky for so long.....

Um....guess what!!! the Bulldogs are LOSING 62 to 23!!!! :lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes: exactly as I predicted - a landslide - and I am just so happy to not have to be dealing with SOMEONE's clinical depression and bad mood.......

:P:P:P:P:P:P

Mtndog Collaborator
Bev - all of your terrible symptoms, and you have really suffered a while, do sound suspiciously like Lyme.....can you get a re-test from Igenix? You have felt yucky for so long.....

Um....guess what!!! the Bulldogs are LOSING 62 to 23!!!! :lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes: exactly as I predicted - a landslide - and I am just so happy to not have to be dealing with SOMEONE's clinical depression and bad mood.......

YEAH- LOSE bulldogs!!!!

How do you find a doc that will test through Igenix? I suppose I should know that from reading this thread, but I'm afraid to go back. :ph34r:

Green12 Enthusiast
How do you find a doc that will test through Igenix? I suppose I should know that from reading this thread, but I'm afraid to go back. :ph34r:

Yes, Bev, absolutely under no circumstances go back....scary, very scary...... :lol::lol:

Here is the link to Igenex, thanks to rinney:

Open Original Shared Link

And I'm sure Rachel and rinney, and some of the others who are more knowledgeable about all of this stuff will come alng shortly.....

Um....guess what!!! the Bulldogs are LOSING 62 to 23!!!! :lol:

62-23?? Wow, that's kind of an alarming score for a football game :lol: The dogs obviously have no defense, yet are having some success with their offense. :unsure:

Green12 Enthusiast
I think my least favorite part of the day is when I wake up in the morning...its when I'm most aware of what this disease has done. Everything feels stiff and achey in the morning....once I'm at work it sort of wears off. I'm really active with my muscles and lifting heavy stuff....up and down...on my knees and climbing on the shelves..etc. I wonder if its a good thing to keep being so active?? Is it good for my joints and muscles or will it make things worse for me...right now I think it must be good?? :unsure:

I've been working even harder lately. I lost both of my best guys who worked my dept. at night. Now I have 2 crappy replacements. :angry:

I have one new guy...really nice but totally overwhelmed by the work. After like 10 minutes he was complaining about his arms getting sore. He hasnt been able to do it....same with the other guy. Basically NOTHING gets done at night. I've been doing my own work and also the work of the night guy.

Sometimes I dont get it...I'm a small girl with Lyme Disease and these are healthy guys twice my size. :huh:

Oh well...I told my boss I'm gonna continue covering the slack but someone will have to take over the candy and other stuff cuz I dont have time.

I'm trying to work with one of the guys...hoping he'll improve cuz he's brand new....no experience. I just give him one small job. Should only take him an hour or 2 (at the most)....its taking him more than 6 hours! :o

I told him to keep focusing on this one task until it becomes routine for him and he gets more comfortable with it and gets faster. I told him to let me know and then I'll add something else until eventually he's hopefully able to do *everything* hes suppossed to be doing. Should take him 6 hours to do EVERYTHING....not just one section.

I'm woried though cuz the holidays are coming and it will be very busy...I dont want to push myself too hard cuz I think it will have a negative affect on my health. It'll get stressful if I dont have decent help at night. :(

Do you guys think I should be worried about my joints and stuff like that with this kind of work? I'm gonna ask the Dr. exactly what Lyme does to the joints...is it bad to be giving my body a workout or not.

I know for me, the more I extend myself it seems the worse of a recovery period I have. I think with any/all auto-immune conditions, we have no reserve. I also tend to over stress muscles, joints, tendons, etc. with my yoga practice more easily, and it takes a little more time to heal. I just have to take more breaks and go easier when I feel I have over done it and then get back to it when I am able.

I know there can be an explanation for everything, a million different reasons, and all of them touch on the truth, I guess you just have to find what fits/works for you, but I have been told that an over acidic system can be the cause of being over stiff in the morning. This was true for me, at least I notice a direct correlation between my diet and stiffness level.

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, I always bring a queen size air mattress....I'm telling you my camping trips are quite luxurious. Got a huge tent too....you can stand up in it...even walk around. :D

I'm not sure if they do any of that type of testing....I kind of doubt it though. I think they specialize in certain areas...digestion, allergies, adrenal, gluten sensitivity. Lyme and mercury was out of their territory so I was dismissed. They really did dismiss me but I wasnt at all upset about it since they told me which Dr. could help me better. They told me if I still didnt get anywhere with the new Dr.....I could come back and they'd try again. Obviously my new doc is figuring stuff out so I probably wont need to go back to HN.

If you end up seeing Dr. Rick and he asks how you found out about HN....tell him from Rachel....the really messed up girl who wears a baseball hat and cant handle chemicals. He used to say I was "special" but what he wanted to say was that I was really messed up. You can tell him I found out its Lyme Disease. :D

You're my kind of camper, lol. If I see Dr. Rick I'll tell him exactly that, lol. Not sure who I'll see...I was emailing back and forth a little with his wife, but don't know if I'll be seeing her.

Hey, I wonder if lyme is successfully treated if the food intolerances go away? Any thoughts my learned friends?

Don't know but I sure hope so!!! :P

happygirl Collaborator

(have to throw this in....LETS GO PENN STATE! and WAR EAGLE!)

dlp252 Apprentice
Patti,

The only thing that comes to mind about the tomatoes is when I was researching all the MSG stuff it always said no canned tomatoes. This was for someone highly sensitive though. Tomatoes are super high in glutamate and then when heated and processed the natural glutamates turn into the bad MSG. When I was learning that diet it said to avoid canned or cooked tomatoes. One symptom is burning sensations. The only other thing I can think of is that you might be sensitive to tomatoes??

Holy cow, lol...I was just coming on to complain about burning sensations on my arms...like a bad sunburn, but there is no redness or rash or any indication on the skin that anything is wrong. Yet, when my clothing brushes against my arms, its torture...guess what I ate this week that I haven't had in a couple of months...tomatoes...canned, crushed tomatoes! Muir Glen!!!!!!!!

I had to laugh about you "overkilling" all the insects. :lol:

Sounds alot like Donna. :lol::P

Yep, my house is bug free, naturally, lol. :lol:

rinne Apprentice
I had a very strange revelation today. My hubby and I were driving to a state park to go for a walk in the woods and I woke up feeling kind of yucky today. Really achey and I've been exhausted for the last three days (yes- I know I've been doing a lot).

I remembered that before I started to get really sick, hubby and I had gone camping in Maine and were literally molested by bugs all weekend. I felt really sick the entire week after and about a week later I made hubby take me to the ER because I felt like I was dying. They ran some tests (I told them about camping and the bugs) and just said I was dehydrated. Looking back, I thought, oh I drank beer that weekend, must have been the gluten (I hadn't been diagnosed yet) but now I'm wondering. I definitely feel better than I did in our apartment, and I could still be detoxing and healing, but I'm wondering if I should get tested.

They did test me for Lyme at the beginning of all this, but I know it wasn't Igenex.

Strange I never remembered that until now. Always chocked it up to the blueberry beer I drank that weekend!

Interesting how we fill in the blanks, isn't it? And if we don't know that Lyme might be a possibility we miss it. I think Lyme has some kind of stupifying effect in its' initial attack, a vagueness overtakes you, confusion and that this makes it difficult to track back and see the relationship between what is happening and long past events.

I hope that you can get tested.

:lol::lol::lol:

Susan, you are sooooo bad. :ph34r::lol:

I'm glad your painting was saved and look forward to seeing it.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

tHANKS SO MUCH BEV..AFTER READING ALL THIS ALL I CAN SAY #43...

43. feelings of hopelessness

BUT THANKS FOR CARING..AFTER CHIRO APT STILL CAN'T POST YET..TOO MUCH WITH THIS..I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO TALK TO HER ABOUT IT..AND NOW THIS...

I WON'T GIVE UP BUT LORDY..LORY..I WISH I WAS FORTY.

JUDY

Judy- Here are some links:

Open Original Shared Link

Check out the symptoms it can cause :

1. abdominal pain

2. abnormal pap smears

3. acid reflux / indigestion

4. acne

5. allergies and anaphylaxis

[severe allergic reaction]

6. altered immunity

7. asthma and asthmatic signs

[sudden onset asthma,

increased asthma attacks,

wheezing, shortness in breath,

coughing, burning in lungs]

8. balance problems

9. bladder and kidney pain

10. bleeding lungs

11. blood pressure irregularities

12. body aches and muscle pains

13. breathing difficulties [tightness

in chest, shortness of breath]

14. bruising easily

15. burning in mouth, throat and

lungs similar to acid reflux

16. cancer

17. central nervous system effects

18. chills

19. choking

20. cholesterol or triglycerides

irregularities

21. chronic fatigue (chronic,

excessive or continued)

and/or general malaise

22. chronic sinus infections

23. coated tongue

24. colds, recurring and with

decreased resistance to

infections

25. constipation

26. dandruff problems (chronic)

that won’t go away despite

use of anti-dandruff shampoos

27. dark urine

28. death in extreme cases

29. depression/anxiety/dementia

30. dermatitis and skin rashes

31. diarrhea

32. difficulty concentrating

33. difficulty in swallowing

34. dirt-like taste in mouth

35. dizziness

36. dry, hacking cough or

coughing up blood [resulting

to sore lungs/chest due to

excessive coughing]

37. early menopause

38. eye and vision problems

39. eye irritation (burning, watery,

or reddened eyes)

40. face flushing intermittently

41. facial movements inadvertently

or extreme jerking

42. feeling lost or disconnected

from what’s happening

around you

43. feelings of hopelessness

44. fevers

45. fibromyalgia [chronic fatigue

and widespread pain]

46. food allergies

47. frequent bloody noses

48. frequent infections

49. hair loss

50. headaches/migraines

51. heart attack

52. hemorrhagic or hypersensitivity

pneumonitis [extrinsic allergic

alveolitis, or farmers’ lung

disease]

53. hypersensitivity to mold

54. indigestion [heartburn /

acid reflux ]

55. infertility

56. irritability, mood swings,

spleen pain or sudden

personality changes

57. irritable bowel syndrome

58. itching of the nose, mouth,

eyes, throat, skin or any area

59. kidney pain and failure

60. large boils on neck

61. leaky gut syndrome

62. liver pain

63. long lasting flu-like symptoms

64. memory loss or learning

difficulties [brain fog,

confusion, Alzheimer’s-like

symptoms]

65. metallic taste in mouth

66. multiple chemical sensitivity

67. night sweats and hot flashes

68. nose or throat irritation

69. nosebleeds

70. numbness in face and limbs

71. open skin sores and lacerations

72. open sores on head

73. organic dust toxic syndrome

74. peripheral nervous

system effects

75. physical weakness

76. poor appetite

77. puffy or droopy eyes

78. rashes or hives

79. redness of the sclera

(white portion of your eyes)

80. respiratory distress

81. ringing in ears

82. runny nose (rhinitis), clear,

thin, watery mucus from your

nose may appear suddenly, or

thick, green slime coming out

of nose (from sinus cavities)

83. seizures

84. sensitivity to smells / odors

85. sinus congestion, sinus

problems, chronic sinusitis

and other nasal problems

86. skin rashes or irritation

87. skin redness

88. sleep disorders

89. slurred speech or verbal

dysfunction (trouble in

speaking)

90. sneezing fits (more than

three sneezes in a row,

happening often)

91. spitting up mucous

92. swollen glands

93. swollen lymph nodes

94. systemic candida infection

95. tremors (shaking)

96. unexplained fevers

97. urinary tract infection (uti)

98. vertigo or dizziness

99. vomiting (nausea)

100. women’s health problems

[such as endometriosis and

vaginal yeast infections].

www.moldinspector.com

What freaks me out is how similat the symptoms of mold, mercury, lyme and celiac can be.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

;)

62-23?? Wow, that's kind of an alarming score for a football game :lol: The dogs obviously have no defense, yet are having some success with their offense. :unsure:

OMG Julie, do you want me to get you a date with R??? because, if he heard a sentence like that come out of you, I think he would.....well he would go so far as to THINK about marrying you (that's about as far as he can get).... :lol::lol::lol:

(have to throw this in....LETS GO PENN STATE! and WAR EAGLE!)

Laura :lol::lol::lol: okay I"ll cheer your team if you boo mine - er, not mine - next Saturday

Holy cow, lol...I was just coming on to complain about burning sensations on my arms...like a bad sunburn, but there is no redness or rash or any indication on the skin that anything is wrong. Yet, when my clothing brushes against my arms, its torture...guess what I ate this week that I haven't had in a couple of months...tomatoes...canned, crushed tomatoes! Muir Glen!!!!!!!!

Muir Glenn tomatoes are eeeeeeevil!!!! :o

dlp252 Apprentice

Quick hello to all...it's been an expensive day for me. :( I took my car in for servicing. I knew this was a major service, so was expecting it to be around $400, plus one of the automatic locks wasn't working, so thought it would be more like $500 or maybe a little more...but holy moly...didn't realize it was time for a timing belt. YIKES! Ending up spending $1,200!!!! AND, one of my rear struts has a small leak, which isn't urgent so I can do it at my next service, but that's going to cost around $400! My car is just 7 years old, lol.

So, I'm keeping my appointments next week cuz they're consultations, but not sure how much I'll be able to do of what they tell me I need until after the first of the year, lol. Good gravy...root canal, crown, car, vacation, possible mercury overload. Talk about stressed adrenals, lol. :lol:

However, I had my hair done yesterday and my hairdresser said I could maybe sell a few of my bracelets there! :)

happygirl Collaborator

Susan, what team is yours? :) Then we'll talk.... :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Donna - car repair - - - HEINOUS. So sad about that. You are having an expensive year but hopefully, your adrenals can calm down on your vacation and you can get to the bottom of the health issues...and BONUS - - sell some bracelets! :):):)

Green12 Enthusiast
OMG Julie, do you want me to get you a date with R??? because, if he heard a sentence like that come out of you, I think he would.....well he would go so far as to THINK about marrying you (that's about as far as he can get).... :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Susie, no thanks. I like a guy into sports, but you don't paint a pretty picture of his other qualities :unsure: I think he is better off by himself with his Bulldogs :lol:

Good news about your painting!!!!! I'm so happy to hear it was saved :):):) Good thing Annie, or was it the other dingo girl, gets to live :lol:

Patti, I am sorry to hear about your reaction to whatever you ate. I seem to not be ale to get away with a whole lot of tomato products, especially canned tomatoes for some reason, but like salsa I can get away with on occaision, Amys marinara sauce, or BBQ sauce. If I do a recipe like chili or something using canned tomatoes, I use fresh tomatoes.

Hi to everyone else :)

Archived