• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

griffinsmom

Any gluten-free Barbecue Sauce?

Rate this topic

LOVE this site! Cannot believe how helpful it's been.

My 5 yr old son was recently diagnosed with celiac, so I've been thrust into this new "world." However, I have to say that briefly reading some of the posts, this site has helped bring me from panic state down to "OK. I think I can deal with this better than I thought I could" state.

Quick question, though. My mom wants to have us over for dinner tomorrow night, and wants to find a gluten-free barbecue sauce that she can use on some ribs. Any idea of something she can find in a regular supermarket, or does she have to go to a Whole Foods/Trader Joes/Wegman's?

Thanks.

I use Kraft all the time...they will not hide anything and will clearly say wheat,rye, barley, or oats right on the label if it has any.

I use Kraft all the time...they will not hide anything and will clearly say wheat,rye, barley, or oats right on the label if it has any.

Sweet Baby Ray's is the best that I have ever tasted, but it is a matter of taste, afterall. But, I love the stufff and we have it about once a week.

Lisa

Another thing I love about the Kraft bbq sauces is that they are also always the cheapest. I spend too much money already on items that are gluten free - it's good to always pick up Kraft bbq sauce at rock bottom prices!

Mr. Spice!

Hi Griffinsmom-

I am the Mom of a Griffin too! My Griff is 2yrs old. He is Gluten Free as well as his 4yr old sis Abby. I know it feels very overwhelming on this diet. This message board has helped me more than anything. Stick with the people here. It does get easier. Good Luck!

Cali

P.s. we use the Kraft Bbq

The wegmans is gluten free and it is very good. I had it over the weekend and I was impressed. The bottle was on sale too I paid 99 cents for it. Alot of people on here like Kraft and that says alot, plus Kraft is a very safe company. Hope that helps.

I use Hunts, but you have to read it, like 3 of the "flavors" are gluten free but 2 are not, I am pretty sure the plain and mesquite are gluten free.. I would have to go to the fridge to check though. LOL

My gluten guard program says that Kraft has gluten. Could it be wrong?

Kraft will list any allergen ingredients such as wheat on the product itself. Also, their website lists gluten-free products.

I know their honey BBQ that we use by Kraft is gluten free....Kraft will not hide anything and will clearly indicate it on the label if it has any.

funny, i was just at the store and noticed "Annie's Naturals BBQ Sauce" and its gluten-free. never tried it but if its as good as their salad dressings, then i'm sure it's... uh, good. they carry it here at Kroger in the natural foods section and i'm sure places like Whole Foods have it