This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

JoyfulM Rookie

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome! I think you might be a record .... three posts, then here!!!

hahaha I tend to turn to humor to help me get through things. I read a lot of other threads for research and to answer questions, but this one looked like so much fun that I had to post.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JoyfulM Rookie

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome! I think you might be a record .... three posts, then here!!!

hahaha I tend to turn to humor to help me get through things. I read a lot of other threads for research and to answer questions, but this one looked like so much fun that I had to post.

Jestgar Rising Star

feed the world and test your vocabulary

www.freerice.com

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Hey everyone! I'm one of those newbies Susie or Emily mentioned, who came across this thread by chance. I love it! :D

I really wish I had seen the toaster poster...although that was posted before I was diagnosed, so I wouldn't have had a reason to be here.

Also, to combine the cat comment and the dutch oven discussion, the absolute worst is when your cat farts on your pillow and/or you in bed. :blink:

:lol: ...WELL HELLOOOOOooooo and welcome to the madness :blink:

In my case, it's the annoyance & frustration of TOO MUCH STUFF!!! :angry:

Why do I have this? . . . .Why do I have THIS? .. . . . . Why does my roommate think the front/coat closet is a good place for his bin of extra sheets??!

Why indeed? :blink: ...so Ptaum,......are YOU a packrat??? ( :lol: Oh gawd - I'm even picking up the lingo :o )

Sunny here too, and 73 degrees. And Lucas has some kind of virus from hell and has been throwing up since 6am. The vomit and poop never ends around here.

Welcome, Joyful!

Vomit & Poo???.......DIVINE!!!.....and yeah, somedays it feels like it never ends you poor love.

When my kids were little my Mum said she'd name my home ''House at Pooh corner'' (from Pooh bear) as invariably I was up to my neck in muck and bullets (but NO bullets ;) )...yeah an un dx coeliac child as well......THE HEINOUSITY YEARS :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I want turkey, dingo quinoa stuffing with wine (mental not to self- do NOT put the dingos IN the stuffing!), chocolate chip cookies and cool WHip!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: DO NOT put the dingos, or other mammals, in the stuffing. :huh:

Dingos are striking because they feel so......so.....used and exploited.

Oh, and mommy just doesn't have anything fantastic to sell at the moment. Dingos on strike just sounded more dramatic.

Hey everyone! I'm one of those newbies Susie or Emily mentioned, who came across this thread by chance. I love it!

well HI-DEE-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO there silly! OMG - were you looking to scratch that itch on your elbow???????? ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome to the vortex............

Sunny here too, and 73 degrees. And Lucas has some kind of virus from hell and has been throwing up since 6am. The vomit and poop never ends around here.

Welcome, Joyful!

:lol: I like that..............there's mucus and vomit and poop and WELCOME, Newcomer!!!!!!!! :lol:

JESS!!!!!!!!!!!! You are EVIL for posting that word game when I have so much to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:huh:

Jestgar Rising Star
JESS!!!!!!!!!!!! You are EVIL for posting that word game when I have so much to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:huh:

which you wouldn't have seen, had you been working..... <_<

DingoGirl Enthusiast

JESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

oh how could you?

I have donated 860 grains of rice in.........five minutes??????????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

this is the most EEEEEEEEEEEVilLLLLLLLLLLLLE and fun thing EVER

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Ha! J's link finally got me off the cute furball site anyway.

It's good fun for wordies !!!

Did you know Disgorge means Vomit!!!! (Sarah!!!) :lol:

elye Community Regular
Why do I have this? . . . .Why do I have THIS? .. . . . . Why does my roommate think the front/coat closet is a good place for his bin of extra sheets??!

Why, I smell another job for our wonderful, Only-In-America CLOSET ORGANIZER LADY! Tom, you must get her contact info from Patti (or Nikki, who called her in for an emergency intervention to make room for the yeti). All she needs is the odd sandwich.

Welcome to our insanity, Joyful! There's plenty to go around!... :lol:

JoyfulM Rookie
I have donated 860 grains of rice in.........five minutes??????????????????

I think you jammed it with all your vocabulary skills. I tried to go to the site and got this message:

Sorry, we are unable to continue right now.

Please try back again a little later.

<_<

jerseyangel Proficient
Hey everyone!

Welcome to the madness :D

Oh yeah.....

And Lucas has some kind of virus from hell and has been throwing up since 6am. The vomit and poop never ends around here.

I feel for all of you--at least it's warm enough to open the windows and air out the house :)

are YOU a packrat??? ( :lol: Oh gawd - I'm even picking up the lingo :o )

Hey Nikki--good use of the word "packrat"!!! :P

which you wouldn't have seen, had you been working..... <_<

She's got a point there, Susie :D:lol:

Naw--we'd miss you if you were gone for too long ;)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I think you jammed it with all your vocabulary skills. I tried to go to the site and got this message:

Sorry, we are unable to continue right now.

Please try back again a little later.

<_<

:ph34r:

1260 grains of rice, and counting.........

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

someone needs to take my computer away from me.................

:lol: :lol: :lol:

all these latin roots - - my god - - I AM OUT OF MY MIND for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess - you are accursed - - :P:lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
Why, I smell another job for our wonderful, Only-In-America CLOSET ORGANIZER LADY! Tom, you must get her contact info from Patti

That's right Tom--since my husband won't part with ANYTHING, it's the next best thing :lol:

She's quiet--stays closed behind the closet door and doesn't come out until all your storage problems are solved. She was at my house for 4 and a half hours, so that pretty much gives you an idea of what I'm up against :o:D

A sandwich and cup of tea are appreciated ;)

elye Community Regular

...I'm just waiting for the word yeti to come up....Bring it on, Freerice!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Hey everyone, I guessed right. :D

and now we can all know, ERUCTATE means BELCH.

:lol:

(jess, does it ever stop? I'm at 1400-something grains? do I get a prize? does it run out of words? will I ever leave the computer again? :lol: )

jerseyangel Proficient
Did you know Disgorge means Vomit!!!! (Sarah!!!) :lol:

Ew-w-w :P That's one of those words that sounds like exactly what it is--disgorge! (green-guy emoticon)

Darn210 Enthusiast
Hey everyone! I'm one of those newbies Susie or Emily mentioned, who came across this thread by chance. I love it! :D :

Ahhhh, Fresh Meat . . . I mean WELCOME, Joi-phull

Your assignment is to go back and read the entire thread so that you know what we are talking about . . . Good Luck and take some advice from Peter and do some heavy drinking while you are at it. It will make us appear all the more wittier and better looking!

Perhaps it's because the linen closet is already full with the broken microwave that you're going to get fixed "sometime", the bell bottom jeans from when you were in high school, a set of World Book Encyclopedias, those cute little outfits that you dress the concrete goose in and said goose.

tom Contributor
Why indeed? :blink: ...so Ptaum,......are YOU a packrat??? ( :lol: Oh gawd - I'm even picking up the lingo :o )

Oh Knickeigh, sadly & undeniably yes - ("hey I might bloody well need this someday!")

But, I CAN say I'm less packratty than when I had a big ole 3BR condo to keep it all in. (in which to keep it all?)

<tom wants his pre-celiac life back *sniff*>

does size=1 do anything anymore?

Darn210 Enthusiast
does size=1 do anything anymore?

Oh yes . . . you didn't notice? . . . didn't read the "changes" thread?

The default font is back to size 2. I wanted to plead my case that we needed our size 2 on the silly thread so that when we make snide comments and give stage directions we could use size 1 but I thought that would only hurt the cause so I kept my mouth shut. (Which is indeed difficult at times.) :lol:

tom Contributor
:lol: DO NOT put the dingos, or other mammals, in the stuffing. :huh:

That's still probably a preferred interpretation to seeing Dingo Stuffing as analogous to Turkey Stuffing. :ph34r:

Why, I smell another job for our wonderful, Only-In-America CLOSET ORGANIZER LADY! Tom, you must get her contact info from Patti (or Nikki, who called her in for an emergency intervention to make room for the yeti). All she needs is the odd sandwich.

Well I've got the "odd" part cinched, considering I have no bread, cheese or condiments.

Heyyyyyyyy I should look into a yeast-free bread mix I saw mentioned somewhere. (Bet it still has >2 ingred I can't have :( )

Dang!! Jhae-knit beat me on the foe-neddi-kull Geoigheull!!! (Grrrr I had my chance and missed it) :lol:

<I hope the ik-wip-seh auditors weren't watching>

Perhaps it's because the linen closet is already full with the broken microwave that you're going to get fixed "sometime", the bell bottom jeans from when you were in high school, a set of World Book Encyclopedias, those cute little outfits that you dress the concrete goose in and said goose.

Who toldja 'bout my goose?!! :blink: Or did you take a gander in my moving Pod while it took 8 days for an 11 hr trip? (Maybe they're ALL routed through Indiana?)

JoyfulM Rookie

Your assignment is to go back and read the entire thread so that you know what we are talking about . . . Good Luck and take some advice from Peter and do some heavy drinking while you are at it. It will make us appear all the more wittier and better looking!

Why thank you sooooo much.

Alas, I live on a dry campus and haven't figured out if sparkling grape juice is ok.

As for looking wittier and better looking...

Darn210 Enthusiast
Who toldja 'bout my goose?!! :blink: Or did you take a gander in my moving Pod while it took 8 days for an 11 hr trip? (Maybe they're ALL routed through Indiana?)

Well, we all know Tom, that quack, is back to himself when he throws down the word pun gauntlet! Now, as I migrate towards a suitable reply and duck his retorts, I think I might just be flocked!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
The default font is back to size 2. I wanted to plead my case that we needed our size 2 on the silly thread so that when we make snide comments and give stage directions we could use size 1 but I thought that would only hurt the cause so I kept my mouth shut. (Which is indeed difficult at times.) :lol:

:lol: excellent, do you think Scott did it just for us???????????????????? Since we ARE the pulse of the entire forum..........

Alas, I live on a dry campus and haven't figured out if sparkling grape juice is ok.

As for looking wittier and better looking...

:o was there an insult in there?? :lol: :lol:

dry campus. I lived on one once, too. In the south. Alas, I was a non-drinker for many, many years.

WTH happened to me? :lol:

okay - I am not a fan of James Blunt's plaintive, weepy hit, but this amused me:

Y'all will be glad to know, I stepped away from teh word game hours ago. Now trying to do Spanish homework...........zoigs.......I never go to class any more and am a bit behind. :ph34r:

Why have I become such a slacker???????????????????????????????????????? :blink:

(MAD with question marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

tom Contributor
Oh yes . . . you didn't notice? . . . didn't read the "changes" thread?

The default font is back to size 2.

Really?

It's not showing up that way for me. :(

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

2 days till Thanksgiving!!!

Today on the way out of Wegmans, John tells me he wants to buy a Christmas tree......early for me :)

Archived