This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Darn210 Enthusiast
you know I am in the US and I could never understand how people could fart on cue.

:lol::lol:

Oh Amanda!!! You just don't offer your finger until you're really struggling to hold one back!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient
:lol::lol:

Oh Amanda!!! You just don't offer your finger until you're really struggling to hold one back!!

Right--that's key....you wait till the opportunity presents itsef, and then you offer the finger. ;)

Darn210 Enthusiast
Hubby has it down to a fine art - got our 12 yr old to pull his finger ... :lol: ....and performed with great aplomb with perfect timing :lol: to the cry of ''OH DAD!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!''

....the rest of us were rolling about........ :lol::lol:

Ahhh . . . so pull my finger has successfully crossed the pond! :lol::lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Is this being spoken from experience?? :o

jerseyangel Proficient

:lol: Not personal experience, but my husband does this--not as often as he did when the boys were younger....but he still thinks fart humoUr is the funniest thing. It just never gets old for him--his family is that way, too....

I swear to God--I just heard a fart coming from the other room--he and my son just came in from outside..... :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Poor Annie needs Tena pads?-?....she'll need some doggie knickers (nothing fancy or frilly - don't want to draw undue attention to her wee little problem :(

Tena pads. Here, the brand name is Depends. :lol: Yes, knickers at night for the WEE one!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Hubby has it down to a fine art - got our 12 yr old to pull his finger ......and performed with great aplomb with perfect timing :lol: to the cry of ''OH DAD!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!''

....the rest of us were rolling about........

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh I'm delighted that we have shared one of our most esteemed cultural practices, another affront to blame on the Americans :lol:

Can you imagine..........Nik's family have gone their whole lives (incorrect pronoun/verb tense, I do know) without enjoying this novelty :lol:

AND SHE LEARNS IT ON THE VERY USEFUL SILLY THREAD................gahhhhhhhhh :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Yes, can't you just see our dignified Patti, standing there with her finger out to Mark and her sons, asking the carefully-timed question, glimmer in her eye :huh::lol: :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I swear to God--I just heard a fart coming from the other room--he and my son just came in from outside..... :lol:

oh dear gawd :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a snort over that 'un

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Yes, can't you just see our dignified Patti, standing there with her finger out to Mark and her sons, asking the carefully-timed question, glimmer in her eye :huh::lol: :lol:

*snort* :lol:

oh dear gawd :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a snort over that 'un

*chortle* :lol:

Patti cracks me up :D

elye Community Regular

[Poor Annie needs Tena pads?-?....she'll need some doggie knickers (nothing fancy or frilly - don't want to draw undue attention to her wee little problem :(

Hehehehe...seriously, I am trying to keep from picturing it.

As we were discussing this topic, Lucky is curled up in John's lap, all of a sudden I hear John say...aww! Lucky! you smell bad! Honestly, our cat farts worst than almost any human I know;.

jerseyangel Proficient
Or was that Cheena? Teeka?... :huh::lol:

Centa ;):D

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yeah, Patti, blame it on the hubby!

only if you consider the specifics of ejaculate and a corresponding skin rash, in such a seemingly-benign thread as toaster conditions.......see, when it emerges on OUR thread, it's not so shocking, is it??????????????

Wow, I really missed it ... I can't imagine the connection between all those things and a toaster .... :huh:

Hubby has it down to a fine art - got our 12 yr old to pull his finger ... :lol: ....and performed with great aplomb with perfect timing :lol: to the cry of ''OH DAD!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!''

....the rest of us were rolling about........ :lol::lol:

Uh, oh, we're spreading our vulgar humoUr to the British! :o Some how "Pull my finger" wouldn't sound right with an English accent ... just too proper sounding .... you will have to be sure he's doing his best American imitation when he does this. It's just too "redneck" for the other side of the pond!

Ridgewalker Contributor
Ahhh . . . so pull my finger has successfully crossed the pond! :lol::lol:

Yay for cultural exchange!!! :lol:

Mtndog Collaborator
I'm sorry to have missed that....one must see shirtless, oiled-up cowboys at least once in their lives.

Go Julie GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily, I sent you a PM. I was askeert to post it here. :ph34r: Since it's already been jerked off once. Er... jerked off the board. REMOVED from the board. Yeah.

Sarah said jerked off :ph34r::lol: :lol:

Sarah- When you hit 500 you didn't get the email about the 500 club? Uh oh.....we'll have to explain the benefits! Tomorrow you should expect Colin Firth, Hugh Grant a bottle of fine French champagne and a hot tub to arrive at your house. Best be ready for traipsing about drunk and wet (from the hot tub all you gutter-minds ;):o with Colin and Hugh.

Did that thread get yanked too? Do you think Scott just gets tired of all of us WHINY BABIES??????????????? :lol: One day.......he'll end up like the lady in my closet.....just rocking back and forth, whimpering softly and mumbling incoherencies.........'tis not far off, I fear

He does that when glutened anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Happy Birthday BIG Les!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twern't Annie . . . No, it was the wee green fairey (step sister to the tooth fairey).

Me thinks the wee green faerie is behind all this 500th post mayhem....GOOD THINGS are supposed to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be quite careful, methinks there are moles everywhere...............

<----------------see mole

OMG - you are killing me

:lol: :lol: ad nauseum......

Oh my GAWD!!!!!!!!!! As long as it's not ad nauseous!!!!!!!!!!

Mtndog Collaborator
I guess the interesting post is toast. :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

patti said WEAK WEE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think on it for a moment...what subjects have been swirling around the last few pages, prophetically just before I turn the big 1000? It's a sign, I just know it. I must be ready for snot, runny poop, wee, vomit, and/or...other...toastery fluids...to descend on my life. How does one prepare? What will be my ark in this portentious time? :o:lol:

No no no. as a moderator, it is my sworn duty to step in and stop this HEINOUS vomiting, peeing and pooping and uhm..toasted fluids upon a landmark post. At post 1000 you get Sean Connery in a red velvet smoking jacket with a bottle of absinthe and jewel toned silk sheets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm..learn something new, and culturally-laden, every day. I will teach this on Monday in my vocabulary segment, as it could be a distinction these diplomats will need at some point in their careers.

:lol:

Ouch...I had to explain to a Japanese student why wearing a t-shirt with "Bring out the Gimp" from Pulp Fiction on it was uhm....not such a good idea. :ph34r: :ph34r:

:ph34r:

As we were discussing this topic, Lucky is curled up in John's lap, all of a sudden I hear John say...aww! Lucky! you smell bad! Honestly, our cat farts worst than almost any human I know;.

Ahh still in the blissful stages of marriage..Amanda, it's NOT the cat!!!!!!!!

elye Community Regular

Good Sunday mornin', Sillies!

Well, a new dog concern for us to all mull over. Last night I heard Gus's collar quite a bit, like he was shaking his head. And sure enough, this morning he is, in a most hilarious fashion, shaking his head like a dog does when he's wet, but slowly...like he's rocking his head back and forth. His ears are flapping...quite endearing. So there's something happening with his ears, and I'm suspecting infection as I think back to our standard poodle before him. Don't see any wax build-up. HEY!!....I'm approaching 1000....earwax is an oft-forgotten bodily fluid...

Of course. That's it--I'm getting trickles of BFs before the deluge at 1000. Susie gets doggie WEE, I get doggie WAX.

Yep, I hear him flapping his ears right now...

:rolleyes::lol:

No sadly, it was the cat......he is good at that.

anyone else have trouble getting on here tonight?

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Uh, oh, we're spreading our vulgar humoUr to the British! :o Some how "Pull my finger" wouldn't sound right with an English accent ... just too proper sounding .... you will have to be sure he's doing his best American imitation when he does this. It's just too "redneck" for the other side of the pond!

:lol: Oh gawd - he's crap at doing accents!!!....but it's ok....we don't talk proper mate.....we're cockneys :lol:

patti said WEAK WEE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEVER underestimate weak wee

It can be just as smelly and corrosive :(

Ouch...I had to explain to a Japanese student why wearing a t-shirt with "Bring out the Gimp" from Pulp Fiction on it was uhm....not such a good idea. :ph34r: :ph34r:

:ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

YES!! Bring them out WITH full head masks :lol::lol:

Emily - poor dear Gus spreading poodle wax everywhere :( (smelly dog ears <_< )

Darn210 Enthusiast

This is Les' day, right? Happy 83rd, Les! (hope I got that right 'cause I'm not going back to look it up ;) )

OK, so here is the absolute worse thing, I've EVER had to clean up. My previous old girl, Maggie, had a (sweet?) tooth for cat poo. The neighbors behind us have a cat that comes and uses our mulch as a litter box. When Maggie was younger, it would give her hellaceous gas. When she got older and started having some GI issues, it would cause her to vomit. It would be partially digested and the stench was undescribable. Vomitous cat poo . . . nothing like it!

Rest of the page would be covered with green emoticon guy if he was available.

Hope y'all are having a lovely Sunday morning. :P

Lovely Sunday....it is a wet and damp Sunday morning here.....rain/snow mix possible. All my other family members in NEPA have snow on the ground. I would like to see some snow.

Later it is off to the grocery store to buy my Thanksgiving fixings and other items I need. I pick up my gluten-free pumpkin pie on Tuesday :):):)

I can't wait to see the rush of shoppers today.....Sunday is always a crazy grocery day at Wegmans, now it is 3 days till Turkey Day!!! :(

CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol: Oh gawd - he's crap at doing accents!!!....but it's ok....we don't talk proper mate.....we're cockneys :lol:

Cockney would actually be a perfect accent for it! :lol: :lol: Could we call it the English version of "redneck"???? :lol:

Hope y'all are having a lovely Sunday morning. :P

Well, it IS lovely trying to figure out whether Maggie was an animal or a kid! :lol: The first time through I was thinking you were talking about a child! :lol::o :o

Oh, I wish I could start shopping for Thanksgving dinner .... kitchen is NOT done yet! I should have a sink and electricity by Tuesday! And the contractor better get the Aga pipe done by then, too, so we can turn it on!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

howdy sillies,

Just a quick poop-in to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to BIG LES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

must head out now to meet a friend for shopping, dear gawd, I NEVER EVER EVER go to crowded malls and such on the weeeknd - and much less, the weekend before Thanksgiving...... :huh:

HEINOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alas, she has lured me with a free pair of shoes of my choosing (buy one-get one) .......so will go........ ha ha ha ha

xoxo

nikki-uk Enthusiast
must head out now to meet a friend for shopping, dear gawd, I NEVER EVER EVER go to crowded malls and such on the weeeknd - and much less, the weekend before Thanksgiving...... :huh:

Scary,....I'll admit BUT for (free!) shoes you must.

Be strong - we'll be right here awaiting your victorious return.

So yes, grocery shopping was nuts. We parked a miled from the store and the people inside were everywhere....one good thing, there are always more than enough cashiers open so there is barely a wait in line, if at all.

elye Community Regular

Okay...the big Birthday Party is set to begin...Who will he be? Les? Or...Mother Theresa? Hillary Duff? Gene Simmons?....ahh, the suspense is killing me.....

Stay tuned... :lol:

Archived