Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

Sheesh. How could she pee in her own bed and just lay there? Such a slovenly, slattern hag.

:lol: as if your prior glutenated self hasn't done the same!!!! :lol:

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

OMG - correction - -

LOOKEE HERE,

it's my

3000th post!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Further evidence that I really need to get a life.

:lol:

CONGRATS!!!!!! Hey its a task keeping on this thread alone....that could be your life.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I know......we must be careful...........the WHOLE THREAD could get shut down and erased, just like the toaster thread, and Centa's goodbye exegesis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I bet ya thought we'd all just fall in line and accept that Miss Grammar Co-Poohbah knows a word we don't, dintcha?

Well, for the 4th time now, I had to look up a word, and to my complete and utter asTONishment, Susie's usage makes NO SENSE!!

EXEGESIS: Scholarly or theological interpretation of the Bible.

My natural inclination towards 'benefit of the doubt' leads me to believe a simple typo changed it from ONE word that's beyond my vocab, tho perfectly suited, to ANOTHER word I don't know, which made zippola sense.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Say it ain't so!

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Well, it seems like I missed some excitement about toasters. Long day at the store (no internet there), and I come home to see the world turn green and hear about toasters doing, well, I'm not sure, cuz the post in question is not there for even a mod to see. I guess the interesting post is toast. :o

Another long day tomorrow, so I won't be hanging around to post much tonight.

Do Yetis use toasters?

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

:lol: as if your prior glutenated self hasn't done the same!!!! :lol:

;) Nope, never have awoken amidst a puddle of my own wee, 'tis a fact.

Yes, original meaning of exegesis, silly, IS biblical interpretation, now can mean letter, or explanation.......in the broader sense..........etymological shift, dontcha know......

must finish the urinated laundry..................

:huh:

'tis an exciting life, indeed :lol:

HI PETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lots of catching up for you, eh? better mix some stiff ones for this weekend's catching up.... :lol:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

..........etymological shift, dontcha know......

No! I DON'T know!

I can't keep up w/ etymo-shift-icalogicals at ALL!

Your grammartarious co-Poohbah-ness remains thankfully intact.

. . .some stiff ones for this weekend .. . .

Is this a not-so-subtle comedic throwback to the toaster-poster topic?

<oh .. .didn't think so .. . .. .never mind then>

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Emily, I sent you a PM. I was askeert to post it here. :ph34r: Since it's already been jerked off once. Er... jerked off the board. REMOVED from the board. Yeah.

Gawd :lol:

Big Les turns 83 on Sunday!! :)

A big Happy Birthday to Emily's dad :D

Sheesh. How could she pee in her own bed and just lay there? Such a slovenly, slattern hag.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't believe you didn't smell it :o Weak wee, perhaps? :P

I guess the interesting post is toast. :o

Good one Peter :lol: I read it before it got yanked--kinda came out of nowhere.....

~~~~~~~~~~

OK--you guys had a PARTY here after I signed off! Probably just as well--I feel asleep at 9:30--AGAIN.....

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

TOM! Toaster Poster...Excellent! :lol::lol::lol: Well done...Methinks Tom's mojo is flickering back. Hang on tight, everybody...!

Now, 1000 is coming up for me, and I have figured out the chain of events. I'm to get good and ready, because I'm certain it involves less specific bodily fluids than the vomit for 500. Think on it for a moment...what subjects have been swirling around the last few pages, prophetically just before I turn the big 1000? It's a sign, I just know it. I must be ready for snot, runny poop, wee, vomit, and/or...other...toastery fluids...to descend on my life. How does one prepare? What will be my ark in this portentious time? :o:lol:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Now, 1000 is coming up for me, and I have figured out the chain of events. I'm to get good and ready, because I'm certain it involves less specific bodily fluids than the vomit for 500. Think on it for a moment...what subjects have been swirling around the last few pages, prophetically just before I turn the big 1000? It's a sign, I just know it. I must be ready for snot, runny poop, wee, vomit, and/or...other...toastery fluids...to descend on my life. How does one prepare? What will be my ark in this portentious time? :o:lol:

I know you've specifically called out snot, but I think you should also be prepared for an avalanche of boogers/bugers.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

I know you've specifically called out snot, but I think you should also be prepared for an avalanche of boogers/bugers.

...And for Nikki's benefit...bogies.

...Talk about being askeert...I can feel it coming.... :o

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

...toastery fluids...

AhhhhHAHAHAHAaaaaa!! :lol:

<she said toastery fluids!>

<AND portentious> :blink:

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Ah....toasters. :lol:

:lol: Always nice to see a poop-in from Laura!

Um, ahem, the correct spelling, my friend, is BUGAR. But journalistic style council will accept the universally standard BOOGER.

Yes, booger avalanche, Em, watch out......maybe with an absinthe chaser?

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

Um, ahem, the correct spelling, my friend, is BUGAR. But journalistic style council will accept the universally standard BOOGER.

I suppose the word "bogie", pronounced BOOGIE (at least up here), has a British origin as Nikki referred to snot as bogies. BOOGER (bugar, Susie!) is the American term. Hmmm..learn something new, and culturally-laden, every day. I will teach this on Monday in my vocabulary segment, as it could be a distinction these diplomats will need at some point in their careers.

Emily

I suppose the word "bogie", pronounced BOOGIE (at least up here), has a British origin as Nikki referred to snot as bogies. BOOGER (bugar, Susie!) is the American term. Hmmm..learn something new, and culturally-laden, every day. I will teach this on Monday in my vocabulary segment, as it could be a distinction these diplomats will need at some point in their careers.

:lol::lol:

oh indeed, 'twould be a true embarrassment of international heinosity, getting their bogies/boogies/boogers/bugars mixed up...........and please note there is a FIFTH meaning - the golf term BOGIE - pronounced bow-gee - we would not want your diplomats misinterpreting this term, as the gentlemanly game of golf is often quite necessary for civilized negotiations - wouldn't want them to talk of their dangling BUGARS when they mean BOGIES.................

*snort*

*GUFFAW*

:lol: OMG I just read that paragraph back to myself and thought.........our immaturity and potty humoUr really is without parallel - - and what DO people think if they happen to pop in and read just such a post as this one and Emily's preceding it.... :lol:

really is a wonder that we don't get shut down............

:lol: :lol:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

...........and please note there is a FIFTH meaning - the golf term BOGIE -

And might I add a TENTH meaning - not sure how this word-math works . ...do we count by 5s? - BOOGIE, in these 50 states, and perhaps Territories, Protectorates et al, can mean to dance.

"Boogie DOWN foxy laaaayyyyyday!!" :lol:

Additionally, there's a form of home-grown American music known as boogie-woogie.

Yes . .. I said 'woogie'.

Do NOT confuse it w/ the unfrisked (or for that matter, fully or partially frisked) wookie.

We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

:lol: OMG I just read that paragraph back to myself and thought.........our immaturity and potty humoUr really is without parallel - - and what DO people think if they happen to pop in and read just such a post as this one and Emily's preceding it.... :lol:

really is a wonder that we don't get shut down............

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think this constantly as I participate in this thread...what poor newbie has just stumbled on here, thinking, "Gosh, I'm so overwhelmed and confused. Maybe these guys have an answer as to why this dermatitis stuff on my elbows tickles sometimes. Please, lord, let them have an answer...my life is a Hell..."

Hey! There's a VITAL sixth meaning...Bogie (pronounced "boogie") means to dance. Golfing is likely a part of the jetsetting diplomat's life, but so are cocktails and dancing. I must teach them to NEVER approach the wife of the British High Commission while at a parliamentary function and, as the orchestra begins, stick out their index finger (as an invitation) and say, "Wanna boogie?" :o:o

Emily

Ha! Tom and I posted simultaneously...repeat boogie info...

Emily

. . . I must teach them to NEVER approach the wife of the British High Commission while at a parliamentary function and, as the orchestra begins, stick out their index finger (as an invitation) and say, "Wanna boogie?" :o:o

Also, keep in mind that if they are in the US and stick out said index finger, someone might pull it execting to be entertained with flatulence.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Guaranteed giggles at the right age.

Then they learn to STOP PULLING THE FINGER!

Should have known you were one of those guys ...

Ahh... my dear husband always makes me PULL HIS FINGER! Do they have Dutch ovens in the UK.
And you still fall for it?

BTW - does anyone want to talk about the fact that the greens in Emily's avatar EXACTLY MATCH the new chic loden/sage/olive green of our new forum? :o Yeah, YOU KNOW what I'm thinking.......she is TOTALLY IN ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Emily IS Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Scott's doesn't match .... who is in control?

I totally missed the deleted toaster comments ..... you mean there was something worse than what sometimes makes it here? :o :o On a serious thread?

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I think this constantly as I participate in this thread...what poor newbie has just stumbled on here, thinking, "Gosh, I'm so overwhelmed and confused. Maybe these guys have an answer as to why this dermatitis stuff on my elbows tickles sometimes. Please, lord, let them have an answer...my life is a Hell..."

oh good Loooooooooooooord :lol: :lol: Indeed, they must think, well, that's the second-longest thread here........maybe they really DO have some insight........ :lol:

Also, keep in mind that if they are in the US and stick out said index finger, someone might pull it execting to be entertained with flatulence.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes Emily shall have to teach them about finger-pulling also

I totally missed the deleted toaster comments ..... you mean there was something worse than what sometimes makes it here? :o :o On a serious thread?

only if you consider the specifics of ejaculate and a corresponding skin rash, in such a seemingly-benign thread as toaster conditions.......see, when it emerges on OUR thread, it's not so shocking, is it??????????????

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

So, I traipsed around this evening, searching for a birthday gift for my dad. Ended up buying him an old-man type cardigan...you know, big wooden buttons, cabled.

:lol: My grandad had one of these....I expect my Dad would wear one too but he has a phobia of buttons :blink: ......Terry (hubby) sooo wants one but I will not allow....

Anywho HAPPY BIRTHDAY LES!!!!

AND it was a thread about toasters? that just ain't right............:lol:

You know it !!!! :lol: *snigger*

Well......pulled up Annie's dog blanket off my bed to wash, and to change my sheets. Happens usually twice a week, the sheet-changing.............I LOVE me some clean sheets. So......I gaze upon the fluffy white duvet, under her blanket, and there is a

GIANT URINE (??) STAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Annie needs Tena pads?-?....she'll need some doggie knickers (nothing fancy or frilly - don't want to draw undue attention to her wee little problem :(

Ah....toasters. :lol:

:lol:She read it!!!

I must teach them to NEVER approach the wife of the British High Commission while at a parliamentary function and, as the orchestra begins, stick out their index finger (as an invitation) and say, "Wanna boogie?" :o:o

Worry not Emily - we (my family) are spreading the word fast

Hubby has it down to a fine art - got our 12 yr old to pull his finger ... :lol: ....and performed with great aplomb with perfect timing :lol: to the cry of ''OH DAD!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!''

....the rest of us were rolling about........ :lol::lol:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

you know I am in the US and I could never understand how people could fart on cue.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif