Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

Well, we all know Tom, that quack, is back to himself when he throws down the word pun gauntlet! Now, as I migrate towards a suitable reply and duck his retorts, I think I might just be flocked!

YIPES!!! I happen to stumble upon ONE little pun, reminiscent of the blind squirrel's nuts, and it's taken as a GAUNTLET?!!!

Gaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! <then ROFL> then gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!! My goose is cooked! I'm not ready to go toe-to-toe w/ a punmeister like Janet!!!

<even sneaking 'migrate' in there heehee janet . .. .very good!>

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

I live on a dry campus and haven't figured out if sparkling grape juice is ok.

This is the Peter they mentioned speaking. When I said I was going to go back to near the beginning, Emily suggested I sit down with an alcoholic beverage. I started the first evening with a dry white wine, but on the second evening has switched to something more potent, as depicted in my current avatar.

If you read through the thread, you will fun many funny things, many wierd things, and some proof that most of us here are warped. And we not only believe in the mythical Yeti, we have one among us.

Welcome, JoyfulM.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

dry campus. I lived on one once, too. In the south. Alas, I was a non-drinker for many, many years.

WTH happened to me? :lol:

I never go to class any more and am a bit behind. :ph34r:

Why have I become such a slacker???????????????????????????????????????? :blink:

It's peer pressure, you know!! All the cool kids are havin' fun on the silly thread!! B)

OK, so did Sesame Street write the song and asked him to sing it or did they ask him to write and sing the song? :huh:

Cookies are on hold!!! I dropped the d@mn carton of eggs!!! :angry: They just don't taste/cook the same without eggs!

By the way, SuZee, it makes it hard for you to deny being here when you are actually posting!

Jhae-knit : I like it :lol:

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Cookies are on hold!!! I dropped the d@mn carton of eggs!!! :angry: They just don't taste/cook the same without eggs!

Well, thanks to the power of suggestion, I made mine :D

Let me guess--you guys had scrambled eggs for dinner? :P

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I know I try to balance work and this thread all day long.....its hard. Some days harder than others....You people are addictive!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I'm sad to say that I'm currently using this thread as my main contact with real life.

frightening thought :ph34r:

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I think I might just be flocked!

Uh......haven't heard flock used as a verb before...

And in the passive voice, yet(?)...

I was flocked

We have been flocked

They will have been flocking

Does this mean to be tricked? No, that's to be fleeced...

Is it somehow sexual? I want to know if I want to be flocked. :o:lol:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

I'm sad to say that I'm currently using this thread as my main contact with real life.

:o:(:huh:

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

If you read through the thread, you will fun many funny things, many wierd things, and some proof that most of us here are warped. And we not only believe in the mythical Yeti, we have one among us.

Ahh yes Peter-Peter-soon-to-be-I'll-assume-tho-I-can't-say-for-sure-Pumpkin-Pie-Eater, I was amazed & impressed at your readback.

Are pages 100-202 next?

Or have you already gone back further than 202?

I did try to start at page 1 once... . .ack!!! A couple pages of annoying songs/jingles?

I don't need any help getting annoying songs stuck in my head!!

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Let me guess--you guys had scrambled eggs for dinner? :P

:lol:

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

2 days till Thanksgiving!!!

Today on the way out of Wegmans, John tells me he wants to buy a Christmas tree......early for me :)

awwwwwwwww, he's a keeper! :)

OMG - some days that is the same for me!!!!! sitting here, typing away, hours pass, I realize I haven't seen a human, in real life, for two days. :o good gawd.............

I was flocked

We have been flocked

:blink: what'd I miss - sounds interesting.......

Um, yeah, the other day I went back and read the first 14 or 16 pages of this thread.....it was pretty tame back then.............it was when the true lunatics joined us that it all got completely absurd................ you now who you are

OMG you did NOT see me here

:ph34r:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

So Finally!! I took some pictures of our young girl. This is our defective pound dog . . . but we love her anyway! :wub:

Um, yeah, the other day I went back and read the first 14 or 16 pages of this thread.....it was pretty tame back then.............it was when the true lunatics joined us that it all got completely absurd................ you now who you are

Haven't you heard that saying . . . if you point your finger at someone, remember there are 3 more pointing at you . . . 'nough said. :lol:

OMG you did NOT see me here

:ph34r:

Yes, we did! How's that Spanish coming along?

Janet

animal0028.gif

I was flocked

We have been flocked

Hey!!! Don't you try to be learnin' me any English or I'll have to throw a differential equation at you!

Janet

animal0028.gif

What a lovely girl Josie is, Janet...I think the best dogs are rescues. Papers mean nothin'...right, Gus?

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

Hey!!! Don't you try to be learnin' me any English or I'll have to throw a differential equation at you!

Differential equations??!! Auuuuuggghhhh, NO! Have mercy!! I beg you, no fast math moves!!

Emily

I was flocked

We have been flocked

Well, I have certainly heard it as a verb, but usually in the active voice: "The birds just flocked to the feeder after I put the seed in."

Maybe I didn't hear correctly, but I may have also heard it in the imperative voice: "Flock off!" :lol:

Ahh yes Peter-Peter-soon-to-be-I'll-assume-tho-I-can't-say-for-sure-Pumpkin-Pie-Eater, I was amazed & impressed at your readback.

Are pages 100-202 next?

Or have you already gone back further than 202?

I did try to start at page 1 once... . .ack!!! A couple pages of annoying songs/jingles?

I haven't gone back to page 1, so I don't really get the full story of the Yeti. I have read forward from page 200, looking for the parade story. It starts with a post from Emily on page 202.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Well, I have certainly heard it as a verb, but usually in the active voice: "The birds just flocked to the feeder after I put the seed in."

Maybe I didn't hear correctly, but I may have also heard it in the imperative voice: "Flock off!" :lol:

Yes, I'd say you captured what I was trying to convey . . .And Emily, when you asked if you should want to be flocked . . . I just didn't have a good answer for you. I guess it depends on who is doing the flocking. :rolleyes:

I haven't gone back to page 1, so I don't really get the full story of the Yeti. I have read forward from page 200, looking for the parade story. It starts with a post from Emily on page 202.

For those who dare to venture back :unsure: . . . the yeti is first mentioned by Jess on page 186. It was dropped but then brought up again on page 200. From there . . . well, it just snow balled from there. And now he truly is a legend. :)

Janet

animal0028.gif

For those who dare to venture back :unsure: . . . the yeti is first mentioned by Jess on page 186. It was dropped but then brought up again on page 200. From there . . . well, it just snow balled from there. And now he truly is a legend. :)

Okay, it looks like I need to go back, again, and read pages 186 through 199. But not tonight, as it is getting past 11pm here and I need to get up early in the morning for work. Jess started it, you say. Hmm.

Peter

I actually started there and thought it was rather lame. I then skipped to 250ish then to 300ish then to 350 and read on from there. Can you tell that I only had one class today?

And truly, it probably wouldn't matter if I didn't live on a dry campus. The one time I might have had a couple sips of a friend's margarita (uh...yeah...I'm a minor until Friday :ph34r: ) I got very very sick. And I seriously mean only a few sips. Diet Pepsi is my beverage of choice, with some Mountain Dew thrown in when necessary.

joyful

Gluten free since 11/13/07

Change blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything. Creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle and then you choose. You can live in the wreckage and pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.

(slightly edited quote from Veronica Mars)

JoyfulM! Love the avatar!! :D:) (I miss Calvin & Hobbes :( )

Oy I almost hate to say this but when I say JoyfulM quickly it sounds like JoyPhlegm!! :ph34r:<_<

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Oy I almost hate to say this but when I say JoyfulM quickly it sounds like JoyPhlegm!! :ph34r:<_<

I have got to say that even with all the nicknames I had/have, JoyPhlegm is not one of them.

There was a kid in middle school that called me Yodge. I guess that's what he thought Joy spelled backwards is, but I never understood it. :huh:

Dear goodness I need to go to bed...

joyful

Gluten free since 11/13/07

Change blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything. Creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle and then you choose. You can live in the wreckage and pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.

(slightly edited quote from Veronica Mars)

okay - I am not a fan of James Blunt's plaintive, weepy hit, but this amused me:

No, me neither but that was amusing - but I say!! doesn't he talk frightfully posh?!!

(MAD with question marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

...but aren't we all...deep down??? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: .....oh wait :unsure::ph34r:

I spoke to my son's teacher yesterday (she's American)

I wanted to ask her if she was doing anything for Thanksgiving - but all that kept coming to mind was ''does she know about pull my finger'' :lol::o ........shocking!! I managed to keep my deranged wonderings (or was it wanderings???) to myself :lol::ph34r:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Okay, it looks like I need to go back, again, and read pages 186 through 199. But not tonight, as it is getting past 11pm here and I need to get up early in the morning for work. Jess started it, you say. Hmm.

Well, if you've already read 200 and on, you really only need to read page 186. It isn't mentioned again until 200. Of course if you WANT to read it because we are all just so darn amusing . . . :rolleyes:

And truly, it probably wouldn't matter if I didn't live on a dry campus. The one time I might have had a couple sips of a friend's margarita (uh...yeah...I'm a minor until Friday :ph34r: ) I got very very sick. And I seriously mean only a few sips. Diet Pepsi is my beverage of choice, with some Mountain Dew thrown in when necessary.

As in "I'll have a Diet Pepsi with a splash of Mountain Dew?" . . . so you like mixed drinks, huh?

Happy Birthday on Friday! :D . . . and for your Birthday dinner, you can have leftover turkey and taters! <_<

I spoke to my son's teacher yesterday (she's American)

I wanted to ask her if she was doing anything for Thanksgiving - but all that kept coming to mind was ''does she know about pull my finger'' :lol::o ........shocking!! I managed to keep my deranged wonderings (or was it wanderings???) to myself :lol::ph34r:

American, you say? . . . Then yes, she does whether she admits it or not!! :lol:

Janet

animal0028.gif

Drive by post (have to catch up) but this is A Hilarious obituary

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif