This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

tom Contributor
Well, we all know Tom, that quack, is back to himself when he throws down the word pun gauntlet! Now, as I migrate towards a suitable reply and duck his retorts, I think I might just be flocked!

YIPES!!! I happen to stumble upon ONE little pun, reminiscent of the blind squirrel's nuts, and it's taken as a GAUNTLET?!!!

Gaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! <then ROFL> then gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!! My goose is cooked! I'm not ready to go toe-to-toe w/ a punmeister like Janet!!!

<even sneaking 'migrate' in there heehee janet . .. .very good!>

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
psawyer Proficient
I live on a dry campus and haven't figured out if sparkling grape juice is ok.

This is the Peter they mentioned speaking. When I said I was going to go back to near the beginning, Emily suggested I sit down with an alcoholic beverage. I started the first evening with a dry white wine, but on the second evening has switched to something more potent, as depicted in my current avatar.

If you read through the thread, you will fun many funny things, many wierd things, and some proof that most of us here are warped. And we not only believe in the mythical Yeti, we have one among us.

Welcome, JoyfulM.

Darn210 Enthusiast
dry campus. I lived on one once, too. In the south. Alas, I was a non-drinker for many, many years.

WTH happened to me? :lol:

I never go to class any more and am a bit behind. :ph34r:

Why have I become such a slacker???????????????????????????????????????? :blink:

It's peer pressure, you know!! All the cool kids are havin' fun on the silly thread!! B)

OK, so did Sesame Street write the song and asked him to sing it or did they ask him to write and sing the song? :huh:

Cookies are on hold!!! I dropped the d@mn carton of eggs!!! :angry: They just don't taste/cook the same without eggs!

By the way, SuZee, it makes it hard for you to deny being here when you are actually posting!

Jhae-knit : I like it :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
Cookies are on hold!!! I dropped the d@mn carton of eggs!!! :angry: They just don't taste/cook the same without eggs!

Well, thanks to the power of suggestion, I made mine :D

Let me guess--you guys had scrambled eggs for dinner? :P

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I know I try to balance work and this thread all day long.....its hard. Some days harder than others....You people are addictive!

Jestgar Rising Star

I'm sad to say that I'm currently using this thread as my main contact with real life.

frightening thought :ph34r:

elye Community Regular
I think I might just be flocked!

Uh......haven't heard flock used as a verb before...

And in the passive voice, yet(?)...

I was flocked

We have been flocked

They will have been flocking

Does this mean to be tricked? No, that's to be fleeced...

Is it somehow sexual? I want to know if I want to be flocked. :o:lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm sad to say that I'm currently using this thread as my main contact with real life.

:o:(:huh:

tom Contributor
If you read through the thread, you will fun many funny things, many wierd things, and some proof that most of us here are warped. And we not only believe in the mythical Yeti, we have one among us.

Ahh yes Peter-Peter-soon-to-be-I'll-assume-tho-I-can't-say-for-sure-Pumpkin-Pie-Eater, I was amazed & impressed at your readback.

Are pages 100-202 next?

Or have you already gone back further than 202?

I did try to start at page 1 once... . .ack!!! A couple pages of annoying songs/jingles?

I don't need any help getting annoying songs stuck in my head!!

tom Contributor
Let me guess--you guys had scrambled eggs for dinner? :P

:lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
2 days till Thanksgiving!!!

Today on the way out of Wegmans, John tells me he wants to buy a Christmas tree......early for me :)

awwwwwwwww, he's a keeper! :)

OMG - some days that is the same for me!!!!! sitting here, typing away, hours pass, I realize I haven't seen a human, in real life, for two days. :o good gawd.............

I was flocked

We have been flocked

:blink: what'd I miss - sounds interesting.......

Um, yeah, the other day I went back and read the first 14 or 16 pages of this thread.....it was pretty tame back then.............it was when the true lunatics joined us that it all got completely absurd................ you now who you are

OMG you did NOT see me here

:ph34r:

Darn210 Enthusiast

So Finally!! I took some pictures of our young girl. This is our defective pound dog . . . but we love her anyway! :wub:

Um, yeah, the other day I went back and read the first 14 or 16 pages of this thread.....it was pretty tame back then.............it was when the true lunatics joined us that it all got completely absurd................ you now who you are

Haven't you heard that saying . . . if you point your finger at someone, remember there are 3 more pointing at you . . . 'nough said. :lol:

OMG you did NOT see me here

:ph34r:

Yes, we did! How's that Spanish coming along?

Darn210 Enthusiast

I was flocked

We have been flocked

Hey!!! Don't you try to be learnin' me any English or I'll have to throw a differential equation at you!

elye Community Regular

What a lovely girl Josie is, Janet...I think the best dogs are rescues. Papers mean nothin'...right, Gus?

elye Community Regular
Hey!!! Don't you try to be learnin' me any English or I'll have to throw a differential equation at you!

Differential equations??!! Auuuuuggghhhh, NO! Have mercy!! I beg you, no fast math moves!!

psawyer Proficient

I was flocked

We have been flocked

Well, I have certainly heard it as a verb, but usually in the active voice: "The birds just flocked to the feeder after I put the seed in."

Maybe I didn't hear correctly, but I may have also heard it in the imperative voice: "Flock off!" :lol:

Ahh yes Peter-Peter-soon-to-be-I'll-assume-tho-I-can't-say-for-sure-Pumpkin-Pie-Eater, I was amazed & impressed at your readback.

Are pages 100-202 next?

Or have you already gone back further than 202?

I did try to start at page 1 once... . .ack!!! A couple pages of annoying songs/jingles?

I haven't gone back to page 1, so I don't really get the full story of the Yeti. I have read forward from page 200, looking for the parade story. It starts with a post from Emily on page 202.

Darn210 Enthusiast
Well, I have certainly heard it as a verb, but usually in the active voice: "The birds just flocked to the feeder after I put the seed in."

Maybe I didn't hear correctly, but I may have also heard it in the imperative voice: "Flock off!" :lol:

Yes, I'd say you captured what I was trying to convey . . .And Emily, when you asked if you should want to be flocked . . . I just didn't have a good answer for you. I guess it depends on who is doing the flocking. :rolleyes:

I haven't gone back to page 1, so I don't really get the full story of the Yeti. I have read forward from page 200, looking for the parade story. It starts with a post from Emily on page 202.

For those who dare to venture back :unsure: . . . the yeti is first mentioned by Jess on page 186. It was dropped but then brought up again on page 200. From there . . . well, it just snow balled from there. And now he truly is a legend. :)

psawyer Proficient
For those who dare to venture back :unsure: . . . the yeti is first mentioned by Jess on page 186. It was dropped but then brought up again on page 200. From there . . . well, it just snow balled from there. And now he truly is a legend. :)

Okay, it looks like I need to go back, again, and read pages 186 through 199. But not tonight, as it is getting past 11pm here and I need to get up early in the morning for work. Jess started it, you say. Hmm.

JoyfulM Rookie

I actually started there and thought it was rather lame. I then skipped to 250ish then to 300ish then to 350 and read on from there. Can you tell that I only had one class today?

And truly, it probably wouldn't matter if I didn't live on a dry campus. The one time I might have had a couple sips of a friend's margarita (uh...yeah...I'm a minor until Friday :ph34r: ) I got very very sick. And I seriously mean only a few sips. Diet Pepsi is my beverage of choice, with some Mountain Dew thrown in when necessary.

tom Contributor

JoyfulM! Love the avatar!! :D:) (I miss Calvin & Hobbes :( )

Oy I almost hate to say this but when I say JoyfulM quickly it sounds like JoyPhlegm!! :ph34r:<_<

JoyfulM Rookie
Oy I almost hate to say this but when I say JoyfulM quickly it sounds like JoyPhlegm!! :ph34r:<_<

I have got to say that even with all the nicknames I had/have, JoyPhlegm is not one of them.

There was a kid in middle school that called me Yodge. I guess that's what he thought Joy spelled backwards is, but I never understood it. :huh:

Dear goodness I need to go to bed...

nikki-uk Enthusiast
okay - I am not a fan of James Blunt's plaintive, weepy hit, but this amused me:

No, me neither but that was amusing - but I say!! doesn't he talk frightfully posh?!!

(MAD with question marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

...but aren't we all...deep down??? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: .....oh wait :unsure::ph34r:

I spoke to my son's teacher yesterday (she's American)

I wanted to ask her if she was doing anything for Thanksgiving - but all that kept coming to mind was ''does she know about pull my finger'' :lol::o ........shocking!! I managed to keep my deranged wonderings (or was it wanderings???) to myself :lol::ph34r:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Okay, it looks like I need to go back, again, and read pages 186 through 199. But not tonight, as it is getting past 11pm here and I need to get up early in the morning for work. Jess started it, you say. Hmm.

Well, if you've already read 200 and on, you really only need to read page 186. It isn't mentioned again until 200. Of course if you WANT to read it because we are all just so darn amusing . . . :rolleyes:

And truly, it probably wouldn't matter if I didn't live on a dry campus. The one time I might have had a couple sips of a friend's margarita (uh...yeah...I'm a minor until Friday :ph34r: ) I got very very sick. And I seriously mean only a few sips. Diet Pepsi is my beverage of choice, with some Mountain Dew thrown in when necessary.

As in "I'll have a Diet Pepsi with a splash of Mountain Dew?" . . . so you like mixed drinks, huh?

Happy Birthday on Friday! :D . . . and for your Birthday dinner, you can have leftover turkey and taters! <_<

I spoke to my son's teacher yesterday (she's American)

I wanted to ask her if she was doing anything for Thanksgiving - but all that kept coming to mind was ''does she know about pull my finger'' :lol::o ........shocking!! I managed to keep my deranged wonderings (or was it wanderings???) to myself :lol::ph34r:

American, you say? . . . Then yes, she does whether she admits it or not!! :lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Well Happy Morning Before Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

Mtndog Collaborator

Drive by post (have to catch up) but this is Open Original Shared Link

Archived