Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kbabe1968

Glutino Bagels...

Anyone else try these???

I got a bag free from my Whole Foods b/c I went in looking for Foods by George muffins and they were out of plain. The guy stocking the shelves gave me a pack of the plain bagels and said they were awesome (he himself was celiac and had tried them). FREE. Did I mention they gave them to me FREE???

They ARE good. I mean, not like glutened bagels in texture. But the taste is great! And I have them toasted for breakfast with butter and jelly. I've made pizza bagels the last couple days. they are a bit big, so I only eat half at a time...but they are oh so good! :D

Just wanted to share in case anyone else is missing bagels.

:)

I love these bagels........ They are the closest thing to regular ones I have ever had. I eat them all the time toasted with cream cheese on them. Then when we are at the beach we will have bagels, cream cheese, locks, and champagne for a special treat.

Grump

Anyone else try these???

I got a bag free from my Whole Foods b/c I went in looking for Foods by George muffins and they were out of plain. The guy stocking the shelves gave me a pack of the plain bagels and said they were awesome (he himself was celiac and had tried them). FREE. Did I mention they gave them to me FREE???

They ARE good. I mean, not like glutened bagels in texture. But the taste is great! And I have them toasted for breakfast with butter and jelly. I've made pizza bagels the last couple days. they are a bit big, so I only eat half at a time...but they are oh so good! :D

Anyone else try these???

I love these bagels as well. I eat them daily at work with cream cheese and toasted. they are great to bring on vacation when everyone is eating dunkin bagels and drinking their coffee.

Yes I too like them. Just bought some more the other day. Lots of calories if you are trying to gain weight (200 for 1/2 of a bagel). I have eaten them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I either make a sandwich or use one for a burger bun. Very filling.

Tom

If you are missing bagels, you might want to try my favorites. Joan's gluten-free Greatbakes are bagels that are like gluten bagels in texture and taste. Nothing comes closer in my opinion .You do not have to toast them.

Thanks. did you get these at whole foods? and they aren't frozen? i will have to look for them.

I love these bagels too. So do my kids. I found they come out better when I wrap them in a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds before toasting.

I have tried these and LOVE THEM ,....

Friends I must tell all of you the cream of the crop for bagels & eng. muffins is Joan's gluten-free great bakes from Merrick, NY. They are the real deal .....

She ships them out . $17.00 shipping , you get I believe four or five pkgs plus she can fit in a pizza shell or her nut bread which also is wonderfully tasty & moist.

These are worth every penny.. The eng. muffins you put in toaster after a 30 second zap. The bagels are zapped then baked In oven......

You wont know they are gluten-free. I can't keep other non-celiacs out of them....

mamaw