Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I contacted Mac and they said that though all of my products ARE free of gluten....The items ARE made in the same factory as the items with Gluten. They said though they clean their machines and do their best to NOT cross contaminate they can NOT guarantee that the items are 100% gluten free.

Join eNewsletter

Does anyone know if the Loreal Paris Elvive Full Restore 5 Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioners are alright for someone with severe Coeliacs Disease? It's says something about a wheat protein...I have symptoms similar to the four hour flu ( you know what I mean :/ ) so I'm not sure if they're safe or not.

Join eNewsletter

Does anyone know if the Loreal Paris Elvive Full Restore 5 Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioners are alright for someone with severe Coeliacs Disease? It's says something about a wheat protein...I have symptoms similar to the four hour flu ( you know what I mean :/ ) so I'm not sure if they're safe or not.

If it has wheat protein then it is not gluten free. Not all of us avoid gluten in topicals but many of us do. I wouldn't use this product.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

I just called Loreal and Origins. Origins silk screen refining face powder contains no gluten. Loreal color riche lipstick and infallible lipsticks both are gluten free, and the voluminous mascara in carbon black and regular w curved brush are both gluten free

Join eNewsletter

I suggest Dr. Bronner's (drbronner.com). Soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, shave gel, lotion, lip and body balm, even their snack bars are gluten free. They don't carry a make-up line though.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter