Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have been gluten-free for years and I have no idea which soups are gluten free. I did by Amy's at my local store last night, but they are quite expensive. Do you guys know of any other main brands that are gluten-free?

Steph

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

you have to check the ingredients on each soup. (and what is "main brand" may vary depending on your geographic location and store chains. ;) ) muir glen has a number of gluten free soups, and progresso has a few. pacific and imagine have boxed soups that are gluten free as well. most of the ones that are gluten free are a bit more expensive. (others will have more useful information - I don't buy a lot of premade soup.)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Brands like Amy's are on sale from time to time. You may want to watch and stock up when they are. Progresso has some that are gluten-free. Other brands that have gluten-free ones are Pacific and Imagine with flavors like butternut squash, tomato and roasted red pepper and corn creamy soups that are dairy free. I add froz. corn to the creamy corn for some texture.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I'm not sure if you have a Whole Foods near you... but in the frozen section, Kettle Soups just came out with a bunch of gluten free flavors! Clam Chowder, Chicken and Rice Noodle, Chili.. there all really good!! Just make sure your buying the one with "gluten free" on the box.. cause they make gluten containing soups as well.

I have been gluten-free for years and I have no idea which soups are gluten free. I did by Amy's at my local store last night, but they are quite expensive. Do you guys know of any other main brands that are gluten-free?

Steph

I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind, but Thai Kitchen and Trader Joe's both have some yummy noodle bowls that I really enjoy. Progresso Wild rice and chicken is a standby of mine as well.

Terri

Diary free 11/06-6/08

Now using a small amount of low-lactose dairy such as aged cheeses and yogurt. Yum!

Gluten-free since 4/07

"When you row another person across the river, you get there yourself."

- Fortune Cookie

We buy Progresso soups quite often. Usually the Chicken/Rice/Vegetable, Vegetable, or Chicken/Wild Rice, but also the Clam Chowder or Corn Chowder with no trouble.

They do contain MSG at times, so if that is a problem you might not have good luck with those.

Thanks!!! I will definitely try the progresso because I know where to find it. My mom bought a healthy choice pot roast soup bowl. The ingredients seemed fine, but I emailed them to make sure.

I like to eat pre-made soup when I am sick and I don't feel like making homemade.

Thanks again!

Progresso Creamy Mushroom and Progresso Clam Chowder (thick and hearty) are two staples in our house. There are a few others of Progresso that are safe as well.

I also love progresso's creamy mushroom soup, but it's so hard to find here. guess campbell's is more popular or something. but when i see it, i stock up!!!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Last time I was at Sam's Club they had a new soup combo - an 8-pack of Old El Paso

ready to serve, 4 cans each Chicken Cheese Enchilada and Southwest Style Chicken soup. They were really good and the label appeared to be gluten-free, and I checked and found them on a confirmed gluten-free products list.

Bev

Mom of Garrett - Mizzou freshman; diagnosed Jan 2005