digmom1014

Glutino Frozen Pizza

Rate this topic

After over two years, I found that my pizza craving is somewhat solved by Glutino pizza duo's. We have pizza nite as a family on Sat. night and I pop an individual frozen pizza in for myself. I haven't had a problem in the past but the last few month's they have been giving me trouble. The pizza's are soggy about 1/3 of the way thru all the way to the middle, the edges are crispy. I have tried a baking sheet, a pizza pan with holes in the bottom, a baking stone, baking directly on the rack, and on aluminum foil.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

After over two years, I found that my pizza craving is somewhat solved by Glutino pizza duo's. We have pizza nite as a family on Sat. night and I pop an individual frozen pizza in for myself. I haven't had a problem in the past but the last few month's they have been giving me trouble. The pizza's are soggy about 1/3 of the way thru all the way to the middle, the edges are crispy. I have tried a baking sheet, a pizza pan with holes in the bottom, a baking stone, baking directly on the rack, and on aluminum foil.

:lol: I have the same problem! I like those little pizzas but I have the soggy middle problem lately as well. It's annoying. There was also a period where all the cheese seemed to be pushed off or something weird but that stopped.

Sorry, no solution though...guess it's not just me or you cooking it wrong. <_<

Try the Kinnickinnick pizza shells. I have never had a problem with those. I keep them in the freezer at all times. I take the left over pizza sauce from the first pizza and freeze it flat so I can break off what I need for future pizzas as there is much more in a jar than can be used for one pizza.

I love Glutino's pizzas. Their spinach feta version inspired me to make my own using Udi's crust. They both are a challenge though. I've tried several ways to improve Glutino's (and Udi's) crispiness. Although more effort is involved, they all work to one degree or another, IMO.

One, just cook it. Eat the outer part. Put the rest back in the oven. Cook some more. And so on, as neccessary.

Two, put lots of ingredients on the exposed outer edges before cooking. Then, follow #1. This is my preferred method.

Three, put aluminum foil on the edges and top. Cook for a while. Take the foil off. Cook some more. Then follow #1.

best regards, lm

I had the same problem with these pizza's and solved the problem, although it requires a 2 step plan of action! :P

If you notice, the crust when it comes out of the freezer is not flat like gluten frozen pizza's. The middle does not make contact with whatever you use to cook it on....I use a pizza stone. Even when the dough relaxes in the oven, it still does not sit totally flat. So, I cook it until it is almost done (however well done you like yours)and then use a pizza style roller cutter and cut it into 4 quarters. I put them back into the oven for a couple more minutes and now the dough is flat against the stone. It makes perfect crust this way and gets nicely browned and crisp in the middle.

I think the inherent nature of gluten-free dough leaves it not as elastic as regular, poison dough. ;) The dough will not relax enough to flatten out so I had to improvise. Works well! I think this brand of frozen pizza is one of the best and I have tried quite a few. It actually has some chew to it and the spinach/feta version is delicious. I have yet to try the Kinnikinnick version but that's next!

I noticed it, too. My solution is to make pizza from scratch. I know it's not as convenient as frozen, but it tastes so much better, and my husband prefers it over regular stuff. We've kind of turned it into a family affair... :)

I haven't found a prepared crust that I like, so I use Big Red John's Mill (or some of those words in a different order)mix. I find that I make the crust much thinner than they expect because I get two very large pizzas and a batch of bread sticks out of one package. The thin crust is crispier.

The Chebe Pizza mix, I heartily recommend. I've made it several times now, mini pizza addict here, and it's never let me down yet.

Thanks-I'm going to try the cook and re-cook method. I really like the convience of having a pizza ready-made in the freezer.

I will try the Chebe mix. I like the crust soft, but thin.