conniebky

I'm On My Way To Hospital.

Rate this topic

Well, I'm having another one of these episodes that I've been having. I'm at work. My daughter is going to come and pick me up and take me on over there now. I don't know what is causing this, but it's time to find out.

I feel like I'm going to faint away. I got up, ate everything I'm supposed to eat, was feeling fine, ate a chicken breast with sweet baby ray's bbq sauce and crashed.

I need to go there and stop screwing around with this, so here I go.

Karen G., please look in your personal messages.

I'm so sorry Connie--please let us know when you're able. ((hug)) :)

I'll look for it. Good luck!

All the best to you. Good for you for facing this head on. Let us know how it goes.

Keeping you in my thoughts, Connie. Let us know what they find out.

Connie I hope your feeling better soon. Could you maybe try going with less processed food for a bit? That might help. There may be something in the BBQ sauce that your body isn't tolerating right now. I know a chicken breast with just salt and maybe pepper or a couple fresh herbs rubbed might be a bit boring but sometimes at first bland and boring is what we need.

Keep us posted on how your doing.

Praying there is a good doctor at the hospital for you to see.

Chicken breasts could be injected with broth that could contain gluten.

Good luck, Connie, and I'm sure you'll be able to get to the bottom of this. It doesn't sound gluten related at all and more like a blood sugar problem. I had those big time when undiagnosed and then after, until I healed a bit. Keep us posted on your progress and feel better soon!

I feel like I'm going to faint away. I got up, ate everything I'm supposed to eat, was feeling fine, ate a chicken breast with sweet baby ray's bbq sauce and crashed.

A friend made us "gluten-free" pulled pork with Sweet Baby Ray's, but I was suspicious, so I faked like I ate it. (Some of us celiacs have to make sure something is safe before it passes our lips.) The next day, when I was in the store I read the labels of a couple of the different flavors of Sweet Baby Ray's, seeing there were ingredients I recognized as gluten-laden, I gave myself a little pat on the back and noted to myself not to trust whatever that friend makes for us again. And she says she's gluten-free too! (Just not a serious celiac like me.) Celiacs really can't mess around with processed foods. Learn to make your own sauce, and if your recipe calls for catsup or another substance that might have gluten, don't use that recipe.

I absolutely can't eat chicken breast. It gives me a big stomach ache. Another friend (serious celiac) pointed to something found in the white meat that is not in the dark meat, so I eat chicken legs and thighs mostly, but can handle wings and backs too.

The important thing is you're getting the help you need! Sounds like you're moving forward. Let us know how it turns out.

i hope you are feeling better very soon! :)

The next day, when I was in the store I read the labels of a couple of the different flavors of Sweet Baby Ray's, seeing there were ingredients I recognized as gluten-laden

Sweet Baby Rays is indeed gluten-free. There may be ingredients in there that don't agree with everyone but that would be a separate issue.

Hope Connie is doing ok....

Sweet Baby Rays is indeed gluten-free. There may be ingredients in there that don't agree with everyone but that would be a separate issue.

Hope Connie is doing ok....

im new to this.... what happens that we could have to go to the hospital? and what can they actually do for us there?

I went to a party where they had strange food from africa and i ate everything they claimed was gluten free but got sicker than I have ever been since bein diagnosed so wife took me to hospital. pretty much just fell apart like she described, all at once.

I hope you feel better, let us know what the doctors say.