This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

love2travel Mentor

Travel, where in the heck are you Russia? LOL. I thought -14 was cold. -30 makes my bones hurt just thinking about it. Heck I guess when it's into minuses, it all feels the same.

Stay warm!!!

Pretty much. Northern Canada. Same thing. The other day when it hit -10 people were walking around with spring jackets and some even wearing shorts!! To us -10 is nothing. We find -30s very cold and -40s downright unbearable. I live on the prairies so windchill is almost always a factor, too. Very windy with very few trees. So, it can be -40 but with windchill it feels like -55 or colder. School buses continue to run until it gets down to -35 then rural kids stay home unless their parents drive them in. We're a weird bunch. :wacko:

But then in summer we can get extremely hot, too, but that does not last for months on end. Just weeks on end.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

sa1937 Community Regular

Sylvia! I've missed you around these here parts. Welcome home! :P

Thanks...just happy the holidays are over and now I should be on a decluttering mission. I haven't cooked anything worth reporting except my granddaughter and I made pizza recently. LOL

I honestly don't know how you can tolerate temps like that. It's not nearly so cold here except it was windy today. Guess I should quit complaining and hope for an early spring. As if....

love2travel Mentor

Thanks...just happy the holidays are over and now I should be on a decluttering mission. I haven't cooked anything worth reporting except my granddaughter and I made pizza recently. LOL

I honestly don't know how you can tolerate temps like that. It's not nearly so cold here except it was windy today. Guess I should quit complaining and hope for an early spring. As if....

I know how you love pizza. That reminds me - I realy need to make some soon.

You know you are always welcome to come try out our temps. All four shovels are still in the garage. Maybe you'd grow to love it! Or maybe not so much... :wacko:

GFreeMO Proficient

They do that here too with the shorts in the freezing cold weather. Not me! I sit inside and hibernate. It doesn't get hot here in the summer, in fact, no one has air conditioning here b/c it doesn't get hot enough.

Speaking of a weird bunch, we have no mail delivery here..We have to drive to the post office to get the mail. Crazy!

An early spring for us all would be nice!

Marilyn R Community Regular

:lol: Cute about the "bridge" group. I should refer to this thread as "bridge" when talking about it to my husband so I don't have to say ten other words. ^_^ Lazy? A resounding yes.

This is the first forum I have joined that is really and truly fun. The other few forums I participate on are about travel and food and quite serious and passionate.

I walked out of my office laughing (maybe even snorting) last night. SUD asked me what was so funny. I told him I was on my forum, we were all laughing about his salmon.

love2travel Mentor

I walked out of my office laughing (maybe even snorting) last night. SUD asked me what was so funny. I told him I was on my forum, we were all laughing about his salmon.

:lol::lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

I told him I was on my forum, we were all laughing about his salmon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

We could actually do it, you know ... have a group meet up in South Florida for the gluten-free expo. I'll keep SUD until ya'll find me a suitable cabana boy because I'm scared of driving the RV and don't know how to discard the gray or black water tank, and have no intention of learning.

It's 80 degrees here, and a mere 2 miles from the beach. I bet Mushrooom could drive the RV and conquer the tanks. It has a gas stove and refrigerator, so L2T could be in action. Lisa could pre-screen all the cabana boys. Sylvia would know by taking a good look at their eyes if they were worthy or not. And Irish could test their sense of humor. Karen could be in charge of safety amongst other things.. I'll handle chocolate. Sorry a lot of I'm missing anyone. Oh, Adelaide! You must leave the needy one to fend for himself and come on down. And anybody else ready to whoop up that I've forgotten to mention by name...ya'all are more than welcome.

We'd play lots of no bridge.

That said, we had pork tenderloin and homemade applesauce the way Grandma made it (as opposed to Mom), roasted taters and a really delicious side of broccolli from a recipe I almost followed in a Paleo cookbook my neice got me for Christmas.

mushroom Proficient

Well, wait a minute here!! I refuse to be in charge of everyone else's poop :ph34r:

love2travel Mentor

We could actually do it, you know ... have a group meet up in South Florida for the gluten-free expo. I'll keep SUD until ya'll find me a suitable cabana boy because I'm scared of driving the RV and don't know how to discard the gray or black water tank, and have no intention of learning.

It's 80 degrees here, and a mere 2 miles from the beach. I bet Mushrooom could drive the RV and conquer the tanks. It has a gas stove and refrigerator, so L2T could be in action. Lisa could pre-screen all the cabana boys. Sylvia would know by taking a good look at their eyes if they were worthy or not. And Irish could test their sense of humor. Karen could be in charge of safety amongst other things.. I'll handle chocolate. Sorry a lot of I'm missing anyone. Oh, Adelaide! You must leave the needy one to fend for himself and come on down. And anybody else ready to whoop up that I've forgotten to mention by name...ya'all are more than welcome.

We'd play lots of no bridge.

That said, we had pork tenderloin and homemade applesauce the way Grandma made it (as opposed to Mom), roasted taters and a really delicious side of broccolli from a recipe I almost followed in a Paleo cookbook my neice got me for Christmas.

Only if you can guarantee it won't be over 80F. I am not heat tolerant at all. :wacko: But the idea of playing lots of no bridge is very appealing. :P

Your dinner sounds great.

love2travel Mentor

Well, wait a minute here!! I refuse to be in charge of everyone else's poop :ph34r:

Ok, ok. I'll take care of mine if I must. :rolleyes:

GottaSki Mentor

I'm ok with training our Cabana Men on waste removal - I supervise, direct and assure washing of hands of this particular activity on all of our family voyages.

love2travel Mentor

I'm ok with training our Cabana Men on waste removal - I supervise, direct and assure washing of hands of this particular activity on all of our family voyages.

Sounds as though you are perfectly suited for the job. If the CM do not show up first, perhaps you can take care of "business". :lol: You have a lot of practice. Vastly more than me, for example...

GottaSki Mentor

Sounds as though you are perfectly suited for the job. If the CM do not show up first, perhaps you can take care of "business". :lol: You have a lot of practice. Vastly more than me, for example...

That is a big negative - but can call upon my regular men to handle it for us ;)

Adalaide Mentor

I could do the 80 thing in the winter for a while I suppose. Honestly though, I escaped that hot, humid BS back in PA and there is no way I would volunteer for that again. No way, no how. Bring on the 95 and dry, but hot and humid? Sorry but you'll be on your own. :P

Tonight I almost made tacos. Then I just didn't. Headed out shopping for tomorrow's excursion. Picked up a Costco chicken, some baby carrots and a mango and got everything all packed up in neat little containers in the fridge. I just had a little of the chicken and a mashed potato for supper.

I'll add some fruit leather, some V8 fruit thingers and a camera to my backpack and I am pretty much ready to go tomorrow. I have no idea how I am going to sleep tonight. I'm practically bouncing off the walls as it is. I intend to drop the film off tomorrow for digital developing so hopefully I'll have pics tomorrow night!

Edit: Oh, and we're going out to eat tomorrow. Woo! Rodizio Grill, which is a Brazilian grill sort of thing is amazing and nearly gluten free. The only thing they serve I can't eat is the chicken. They even serve gluten free bread, and always have! And deep fried polenta sprinkled with parm. To die for! They have people (usually good cabana boy candidates) that just bring a never end parade of grilled meat to your table and slice it off for you right there, and grilled pineapple too. Plus a salad bar with killer quinoa salad, and they keep all the gluteny stuff (all like 2 of them, or maybe its just the rolls) away from the gluten-free stuff and have people watching so morons can't walk up with dirty plates or some retarded thing.

Edited by Adalaide
JNBunnie1 Community Regular

You guys have this cabana boy thing alllll wrong. See, my job can be going around to the local

dojos- karate, MMA, what have you- and retrieving all the built, flexible, energetic, high-endurance

guys I can find! You know, for shoveling....

mushroom Proficient

....and retrieving all the built, flexible, energetic, high-endurance

Well exactly! For what else, pray tell?

GottaSki Mentor

You guys have this cabana boy thing alllll wrong. See, my job can be going around to the local

dojos- karate, MMA, what have you- and retrieving all the built, flexible, energetic, high-endurance

Agreed - yet still think you need to visit the pro vball courts with us.

Eh, their training doesn't include deadlifting their own weight or more. That's

important. You know, for shoveling....

GottaSki Mentor

Lol - lookie what a friend o' mine posted on FB this fine evening....

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/37092_586961764652654_272636402_n.webp

Ok, I wouldn't mind one of those! :D

GottaSki Mentor

Ok, I wouldn't mind one of those! :D

Wild guess - we have a winner on the left ;)

mushroom Proficient

Sign HIM up!!! :D

Crap! That means, at the end of this, that I have to keep SUD.

It always turns out like this.

(Ya'll are still welcome down. We'll just leave suck up Danny for driving & emptying our tanks & general banter, occasional banging.)

Whoa... I just saw Lisa's pic! I can't even type. I think I hyperventilated or something.