This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Steak, sweet potato (just as well I am not doing a rotation diet too, but note to self...) spring greens, carrots, sprouts, coconut oil.

Is it just me, or does tthe coconut oil have a salty aftertaste?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

notme Experienced

o and tonight we are having 'encore' venison burritos - we cooked sooooo much (for like, 15-20 people) between Christmas and new year's i feel like eating snacks for dinner :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Is it just me, or does tthe coconut oil have a salty aftertaste?

Not that I notice, hon.It just tastes "coconutty". Is it spoiled? Although that's hard to do--it has a long shelf life.

IrishHeart Veteran

Okay, guys, I'm going to have to take computer lessons from Ginny, because all I can do is post a URL for y'all, but here is the ultimate bacon melange:

http://shine.yahoo.c...-165400311.html

I tried for you........ but he refuses to be "copied". :D

sora Community Regular

After all the Thai food talk I was craving some. I made Thai omelet with basmati rice.

love2travel Mentor

After all the Thai food talk I was craving some. I made Thai omelet with basmati rice.

Sounds great! What did you put in it, Sora?

love2travel Mentor

Tonight we are having:

Lamb Chops that we were going to have last night then my pain went haywire. :angry: So, we are having the lamb that I marinated in a whole schwack of lovely things (including orange juice, juniper berries, gin, fresh thyme and rosemary, garlic) that will have a Dijon sauce brushed on it and then covered in a yummy breadcrumb mixture and broiled.

Along with the lamb will be lentils braised in red wine, et. al. and spicy Japanese daikon and cucumber salad.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

well, let's see.....I get the emoticons by googling words like " bacon emoticons" and dancing boy here popped up

and I get my uh ...thingers..... elsewhere ;) he he he

I use "thingers" often at home. I mean the WORD "thingers". That didn't come out right methinks. "Thingers" can mean so many things in so many situations. It is quite...er...interchangeable. ^_^

love2travel Mentor

LOL! I was also thinking all sorts of inappropriate things when I read that. :lol:

I bet you were the only one here would have thought inappropriate things. Hee hee... :rolleyes: Some of us are pure as the driven snow.

love2travel Mentor

I loved it ! Compared to some of my long answers on the board, it was just a telegraph. :D

I felt as if I were right there with you shopping. Sounds like fun.

and by the way, only you can use the term " higgledy piggledy" and get away with it.

:huh:( now, if I had said that, Adalaide and/or Karen would have been all over it like a cheap suit.)

Your expeditions are much like our trips to NYC..I like to hit .the wine shops in particular..then, pack up the car and haul it all back home.

Gotta keep our kitchens and pantries stocked!

When I food shop I am in the zone. Sometimes I get tears in my eyes when I see the amazing produce and exotic ingredients that I have only read/dreamed of. Can you imagine you and I taking over NYC? I have not been there but would fly there just for the food. You and I could do some serious damage.

"Higgledy piggledy" and "gobsmacked" are amongst my favourite British words. Here goes...

Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy.

sora Community Regular

Sounds great! What did you put in it, Sora?

Onion, garlic, ground beef and fresh tomato chopped. Add Thai fish sauce. You make the egg part in a wok, coating the wok by rolling the wok over the heat to cook the egg until it is very thin, add your meat mixture, fold the egg over to make a square packet and eat with Sirachai sauce. Delicious!

IrishHeart Veteran

"Higgledy piggledy" and "gobsmacked" are amongst my favourite British words. Here goes...

Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy. Higgledy piggledy.

Well, I am gobsmacked at this display of shenanigans from you, young lady. :lol: I can't stop laughing.

The first time I heard a man in Ireland say "shut yer gob" to someone, I nearly fell off the bar stool laughing.

IrishHeart Veteran

I use "thingers" often at home. I mean the WORD "thingers". That didn't come out right methinks. "Thingers" can mean so many things in so many situations. It is quite...er...interchangeable. ^_^

un huh...and they go with doohickeys and whatchermacallits and thingamabobs...

yes, ladies, celiac has made us all so eloquent. :lol:

love2travel Mentor

Onion, garlic, ground beef and fresh tomato chopped. Add Thai fish sauce. You make the egg part in a wok, coating the wok by rolling the wok over the heat to cook the egg until it is very thin, add your meat mixture, fold the egg over to make a square packet and eat with Sirachai sauce. Delicious!

That sounds incredible. I have not made Thai omelettes but you have inspired me to do so. I just told my husband about it and we're going to make some this weekend. Sriracha sauce....mmmmmmmmmm...

love2travel Mentor

un huh...and they go with doohickeys and whatchermacallits and thingamabobs...

yes, ladies, celiac has made us all so eloquent. :lol:

Since joining this forum I feel far more verbose than ever before for some strange reason. It really leaves me gobsmacked. :lol:

Marilyn R Community Regular

(

You said " roommate". Is this a " just helping pay the rent" roommate? Or a sleep in the same bed roommate? Because a sleep in the same bed roommate might be sleeping in his car.

He's the roommate formerly known as boyfriend, significant other for 12 years. Aak! Common law...Aak!

Last night I told him he is just "other" now.

Today he told me I can just call him SUD for Suck Up Danny.

Here's the part that makes me realize that he'll never, ever get it.

He explained that since he knows I can have hamburger, he thought salmon burger would be okay. I questioned him like Perry Mason: "Did you ask the guys at the fish counter if it was gluten-free?" "Did you read the label?" "Do you realize I bought you peepers so you can read the labels?" His answer was "no" on all accounts except the 3rd.

I concluded with that and asked him to please use the scratched non-stick pan I threw away 2 plus years ago for cooking it. (He retrieved it.) Naaaa....he used our grill.

Anyway, back to original topic, I served very spicy Indian Chicken tonight with lots of veggies. SUD doesn't care for spicy food, Indian food or veggies. I cooked the veggies in the sauce. I made his head sweat. I gluten-free curried him!

Over dinner, I inquired if the chicken was better than the salmon burgers or loaf. He said it was. (Maybe a SUD statement.) I asked if it had ever dawned on him that groceriy stores usually use fish or meat they're ready to throw out for loaves and burgers.\\

Maybe I'll stop tormenting him tomorrow.

IrishHeart Veteran

Since joining this forum I feel far more verbose than ever before for some strange reason. It really leaves me gobsmacked. :lol:

We just bring out the worst :lol: chattiness in others? Good for the soul to have such fun chatting.

I am skilled in the art of a$$-kick. Lemme know where and when. ;)

C'mon down. Whoop up on him! Give him a little lesson in Gluten anger.

There's a gluten-free Expo in S. Florida in Feb... 2/17/13, c'mon down. We'll have a whoop up, then go to the festival.

DavinaRN Explorer

lol, DH made me gluten free burger and fries (pity party post the other day) ;)

WTF somebody lives in Florida and they come home with, first, salmon,and secondly, glutenoid salmon ? :blink: That takes some special kind of talent. Then they put this stuff on the grill as if heat can make the problemo go adios. Is 2013 the Year of Magical Thinking ? You'd better tell him not to show up next with imitation crab <_< :angry:

I bucked up and grocery shopped today. It can't be blamed on him. He had spaggeti out of a can until he went to college, and doesn't know the difference between an avacado and an artichoke. The rest of his life he survived on BBQ,

I blame it on his evil mother. She never included him in cooking and hated cooking, always went for the quick way out. He grew up on canned spaggeti. No wonder he's not right.

Well, we would have to keep remaking them because they would go off pretty quick :huh:

I wonder what he did with all the grease. Thanks for sharing.

mushroom Proficient

I wonder what he did with all the grease. Thanks for sharing.

Three-year supply of tasty cooking fat :D

Adalaide Mentor

I blame it on his evil mother. She never included him in cooking and hated cooking, always went for the quick way out. He grew up on canned spaggeti. No wonder he's not right.

I got me one of those! I swear he practically breaks out in a sweat if a vegetable that isn't either lettuce or a fresh, uncooked carrot gets within about 10 feet of his face. He was mostly living on frozen pizzas before he met me. I have vastly expanded his horizons and am slowly working on him. I swear though... omg... he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was 9 and suddenly his mom would do anything to get him to eat. That meant catering to his every last food whim. It makes me crazy to think about, so mostly I don't.

GottaSki Mentor

We just bring out the worst :lol:chattiness in others? Good for the soul to have such fun chatting.

I love this thread -- hubby and I call it the "Hen Party" -- my dear MIL had a "Bridge" group for over 40 years that never played bridge -- took me about a decade to figure that out ;)

mushroom Proficient

I love this thread -- hubby and I call it the "Hen Party" -- my dear MIL had a "Bridge" group for over 40 years that never played bridge -- took me about a decade to figure that out ;)

That is so not true!! We always manage to squeeze in a few hands. Someone has to win the chocolate fish :D