Diane-in-FL

What Would You Like To See For Products?

Rate this topic

Are there any gluten-free products that you would like some company to come up with? I would just love to find a really good instant oatmeal. In the beginning, when I first went gluten free, I found one that I liked a lot. It was made by Brookfield Valley and was a very tasty apple cinnamon flavor. I ate it every day, but was seeing no relief in some symptoms. Then I came here and discovered how long the process takes AND all about the processed gluten-free foods and that they contain other things that we may be sensitive to. I checked the pkg of oatmeal and it has soy flour. So I stopped eating it and began to see improvement in certain issues. I tried another instant oatmeal (I think it was Glutenfreeda), but that caused bloating. It has flax meal. Why can't someone come up with a gluten-free instant oatmeal that is just oatmeal and some flavorings, like the Quaker? *sigh* Doesn't seem like that would be so awfully hard. I know that I could probably cook up some gluten-free oats and add my own raisins or whatever, but I don't always have time for that. Some days I just want to pop something in the microwave! :)

By the way, I love this site......I have found out SO much useful info.

You know, some Celiacs just can't tolerate even gluten-free oats. No matter how meticulous the company is, it will still make them sick.

(Psst, I'm a Mainer too. :))

• Upvote 1

my dream product would be a mayo that was gluten/soy/corn(corn syrup)/egg/nightshade(paprika) free ,,, not to much to ask for right :lol:

A really good chocolate croissant. I didn't eat them that often, but there's nothing quite like one.

Have you tried finely cut kasha? It cooks in two or three minutes in the microwave or in an hour or so if you put it in a thermos with boiling water.

my dream product would be a mayo that was gluten/soy/corn(corn syrup)/egg/nightshade(paprika) free ,,, not to much to ask for right :lol:

Well, egg-free is a bit much to ask for, but look what I just found here in New Zealand - Alfa One Real Mayonnaise with the following ingredients:

Rice bran oil, Egg (reconstituted yolk and whole egg), lemon juice, Salt, Vinegar (derived from milk)!! sugar, mustard, antioxidant.

Made by Hansells. And no, I haven't tried it yet But no canola oil!! no distilled (or malt!!!) vinegar, no paprika or corn syrup or soy. Probably tastes absolutely awful :lol:

A really good chocolate croissant.

Heck, I'd settle for the croissant (with no soy or potato starch) - forget about the chocolate; I get that fix in other ways.

My daughter and I, both celiac, love Glutenfreeda instant oatmeal and neither of us react to that like we have to others.

What I would love a company to perfect and release is gluten/corn/soy/dairy free toaster pastries. You know, like Pop Tarts. I know they aren't a "health food" but when I want something fast and warm before racing out the door, or something to throw into my purse or carry-on when traveling, Pop Tarts was always it. 6 1/2 years ago, that option was ripped away.

~Michelle~

Western Washington State

Well, egg-free is a bit much to ask for, but look what I just found here in New Zealand - Alfa One Real Mayonnaise with the following ingredients:

Rice bran oil, Egg (reconstituted yolk and whole egg), lemon juice, Salt, Vinegar (derived from milk)!! sugar, mustard, antioxidant.

Made by Hansells. And no, I haven't tried it yet But no canola oil!! no distilled (or malt!!!) vinegar, no paprika or corn syrup or soy. Probably tastes absolutely awful :lol:

yes, the egg free part may be a bit much to ask for :lol:

let me know how it taste once you try it :D

Phyllo dough, I really miss apple turnovers, spanakopita and baklava and pita bread with pockets so I can make the meat pies I used to make at the restaurant I worked at for years. (Sigh)

The Phyllo dough, croissants, and mayo without all the junk would ALL be great! I crave all three!! However, the croissants might win out....how I miss them....

I would *Love* to see a refrigerated gluten free dough that could be formed into biscuits, crescents, or cinnamon rolls...like Pilsbury has now :) I so miss the convenience of popping those biscuits into the oven without making a mix!

I would *Love* to see a refrigerated gluten free dough that could be formed into biscuits, crescents, or cinnamon rolls...like Pilsbury has now :) I so miss the convenience of popping those biscuits into the oven without making a mix!

One of my client's are working on this (even a scone). We are having some issues with them rising correctly, but that's what food scientists are for.

Stay tuned, we may have something by the 3rd quarter of this year.

One of my client's are working on this (even a scone). We are having some issues with them rising correctly, but that's what food scientists are for.

Stay tuned, we may have something by the 3rd quarter of this year.

That would be awesome!

I agree with the Poptarts. I have been thinking that for awhile...I miss those! I also really miss crossaints. The refridgerated dough would also be nice. You all have such good ideas!

Man, if only Lea and Perrins Worcestershire was gluten-free in Canada! We have to get family to bring it back from the U.S. for us. WS is difficult to replicate. Same with some awesome soy sauce, kecap manis, ponzu, and so on. A yummy filling breakfast cereal would be nice, too. We do not get Chex in Canada, for example. I also hear that Betty Crocker has come out with some gluten-free cake mixes; alas, not here, either! Hopefully soon. Oh, well. I always have done my own scratch baking so will continue to do so.

Has anyone used the re-usable toaster bags you pop into the toaster or toaster oven to prevent CC? They are very cool and innovative.

Guest VictoriaHoke

Have you tried Follow Your Heart's Vegenaise? I know it's eggless (they're vegan and gluten-free). Not sure about the corn/soy though..... their site is www.followyourheart.com if you want to check it out. They do some great cheese, sour cream, dressings, etc. I've been eating their products for the last year and really like them.

Have you tried Follow Your Heart's Vegenaise? I know it's eggless (they're vegan and gluten-free). Not sure about the corn/soy though..... their site is www.followyourheart.com if you want to check it out. They do some great cheese, sour cream, dressings, etc. I've been eating their products for the last year and really like them.

Thanks for the info :) but unfortunately they do contain soy.

I guess I will just have to learn to live with out mayo <_< I know it is kind of silly but out of all the foods I cant eat, the loss of mayo bothers me the most :ph34r:

The only thing I really miss is Triscuits and Shredded Wheat. I haven't found any gluten-free products with a similar texture and when I looked up how they make shredded wheat products I realized it would be pretty much impossible to make at home out of gluten-free grains. Maybe some company though could come up with a process to dry and "shred" brown rice into a similar texture. It's just a texture thing I miss and not really the flavor.

If you are really missing pop tarts you can try makign them: http://www.adventuresofaglutenfreemom.com/2010/10/gluten-free-dairy-free-egg-free-pop-tarts/

Guest VictoriaHoke

Thanks for the info :) but unfortunately they do contain soy.

I guess I will just have to learn to live with out mayo <_< I know it is kind of silly but out of all the foods I cant eat, the loss of mayo bothers me the most :ph34r:

I'm not sure where you live but there's a huge natural products expo next month in Anaheim, CA. Hundreds of gluten-free companies go, maybe you'd have some luck there. If you come look for me, I'll be at the Wild Veggie booth.