Googles

Risking It

Rate this topic

I was in a car accident today. I went to the ER and they said I had a mild concussion but otherwise fine. However, I needed to be monitored by someone for the next 24 hours. So I am staying at my friends house. However, that means I am limited in my gluten free food access, and unless I wanted to bring my kitchen with me, am using her dishes and hoping not to get sick. Wish me luck.

The one interesting point was that when the paramedics asked me about allergies and I told them about the celiac they knew what it was and what I couldn't have. That was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks.

oh my goodness!!! I hope you are ok!! Hopefully you can get everything well washed - or maybe do they have plastic plates & silverware? Could you just have a frozen dinner that you could eat straight from the container? Just to get you through the night? Glad the paramedics were in the know. ;)

I am so glad you are OK and you have a friend to stay with.

Hopefully you will be OK eating from dishes...they can be washed and are not the problem.

Hopefully your food will be safe and you won't have any issues from this.

Glad the paramedics knew what Celiac was...maybe the word is getting around.

Hope you are all fine well and good tomorrow and that you get some rest tonight.

Hope you are okay! You could just eat some Lara bars or other safe prepackaged food to get you through the 24 hours if you don't want to risk cooking in someone elses kitchen. I keep a little emergency food bag on hand for things like that. It's stocked wiht Lara bars, banana chips, dried cherries, almonds, Enjoy Life bars, etc. Peanut butter and jellly on a rice cake will also do in a pinch.

I hope your recovery is quick. Sorry to hear of your accident... Glad you have a friend to help out....

blessings

mamaw

Hope you are feeling well today. Sorry to read about your wreck.

I seem to have made it through without getting sick. Yay. I am feeling a little better from the crash.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you do not have any after effects from the crash. Maybe you could have food that comes in their own wrappers like bananas and avocados. I had a similar experience in the hospital recently. A nurse taking care of me saw me reading a book on celiac d. She said she had been gluten free for a number of years and was familiar with the local gluten intolerance group. So we talk symptoms for a while. It made me feel better for sure.