Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

Rate this topic

plan b...soak your feet in a big bowl of hot water.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Hang in there shadow, just a few days to go :)

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!

- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol

- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.

- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.

- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)

- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein hidsmile2t.gif

Good Lord! My husbnd and daughter are in the kitchen making me a birthday cake. A lot of laughing going on, I am getting a little worried. Please be edible!

My husband added bacon to one of our sinful chocolate cake with fudge frosting -- I thought it would be awful - but then it was bacon ;)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

Good Lord! My husbnd and daughter are in the kitchen making me a birthday cake. A lot of laughing going on, I am getting a little worried. Please be edible!

I bet it will be delicious :)

Happy Birthday!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

aw man. Now I want cake. :(:angry:

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

aw man. Now I want cake. :(:angry:

I know, right??? lol!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

...Actually, I kinda want bacon now...

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

As was pointed out, cake and bacon apparently go very well together. And Leeezuh's hubster knows how to mix them.

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

I have poured all my blackberry flavored vodka into bottles. The detritus from the fruit leather was tasteless once the vodka was removed, so I chucked it, but now I have a jar of whole tasty vodka soaked blackberries to deal with. And I forgot to get ice cream today.

hhmm

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Research paper submitted... its not even due for another 90 minutes! I figure I can spend the next 90 mins stressing over if I got every comma right, to maybe get one or 2 more points out of my grade... or I can submit and go read a book. HMMMMM Tough call... NOT. :D

- Vincent -

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been sleeping either.

Karen, can I get a little stumbly zombie emoticon? :angry:

Maybe this guy?

zombie-302.gif

You guys are outrageous :)

If we are doing requests, how about a turkey doing backflips?? :o

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!

- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol

- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.

- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.

- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)

- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein hidsmile2t.gif

Maybe this guy?

zombie-302.gif

Yeah, he seems about right! I'm going on a week of three hours a night,

don't you get too tired to wake up anymore at some point? What the crap....

PTSD sucks.

Shadow! Send me some of your homework! That'll put me to sleep, lol :lol:

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

I have actually fallen on the floor laughing.

King ptaum, surely this must deserve an honorary title a least?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I am glad I didn't request some of the things that went through my head :o

I have actually fallen on the floor laughing.

King ptaum, surely this must deserve an honorary title a least?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I am glad I didn't request some of the things that went through my head :o

He actually tries a back-flip, but, unfortunately, turkeys are anatomically unable to back-flip.

cooked-turkey-dances.gif

Perhaps I could be a knight?

smiley-vault-misc-049.gif

I have poured all my blackberry flavored vodka into bottles. The detritus from the fruit leather was tasteless once the vodka was removed, so I chucked it, but now I have a jar of whole tasty vodka soaked blackberries to deal with. And I forgot to get ice cream today.

hhmm

Y-u-m!!!

I must try this very soon :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD