This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

mushroom Proficient

Thanks! The first two were good, one was actually awesome. I will miss this seminar - I had a wonderful group. Have been receiving grateful and heartfelt emails for the past couple of days, which is pretty moving. Yeah, I am a softie.

Personally, I think there should be no grades.

Hee Hee. Have to blow my own horn here a little bit :P (well, nobody does it for me)..... I was a very late-blooming student, a faded flower from days gone by, and one of those you talked about who fretted over grades. I blew away my high school years, and did all my education as an evening student. And then at the end I took a bunch of personal interest classes at community college (interior design, floral arrangement, weaving, stuff like that), one of which was blueprint reading (we were getting ready to build our house). We had a great female instructor who assigned an essay exam, and I would guess she didn't get a great deal of articulate written material in response :rolleyes: She raved about my essay and asked me if I had ever thought of writing stories, "novels?" :lol::lol: Uh, no, that's a little different from what I write, I'm afraid. At any rate, it apparently made her day (evening?) so I got the A that I always stressed over. For a failed high school student it's amazing how important those A's can be :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

VydorScope Proficient

Great Story Shroom!

mommida Enthusiast

Sorry for your loss peter.

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

'shroom, are you in MY class? :D

I have chosen to teach adult undergraduates at a big uni. They actually have a fabulous program, because these students are in class with teenage freshmen, except for the mandatory class I teach (makes sense: it's mandatory, but some of them work, they need to give them reserved spots). Those people are so engaged - they know why they're here. And they're challenging, which I love.

One of my best students comes from a community college. And I like the idea of giving "back" good higher education to people who could not afford it in the past. So, yeah, adult students rock. B)

VydorScope Proficient

So, yeah, adult students rock. B)

What if said "adult" student has been in school since, oh, PRE-K with out any really break and is working on a 5th degree? NOT that I am thinking of anyone in particular, its really just a random example ;) ;)

elye Community Regular

"Lots of music, nothing sad. I have done very well. I could have been buried in Holland, 1945 along with 3,000 other Canadians."

Wow.. . . ....how very, very poignant....I'm sorry that you've lost Bob, POeter.. . . :( ....sounds like Jacquie had a terrific dad... . .

What if said "adult" student has been in school since, oh, PRE-K with out any really break and is working on a 5th degree? NOT that I am thinking of anyone in particular, its really just a random example ;) ;)

:blink:

:wacko:

kareng Grand Master

I have a friend like that. He calls himself a "Professional Student". Also knew a guy working on his 4th PHD. He got them in things that don't translate to jobs like carribean history. It was his hobby.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

I have a friend like that. He calls himself a "Professional Student". Also knew a guy working on his 4th PHD. He got them in things that don't translate to jobs like carribean history. It was his hobby.

Would love to be a professional student, but the pay sucks. V has a very patient wife.....

shadowicewolf Proficient

I'm currently watching the news... how could someone do that at a school?

I just can't imagine....

My heart goes out to them :(

VydorScope Proficient

Would love to be a professional student, but the pay sucks. V has a very patient wife.....

I have the bestest wife ever. :wub:

However she would like me to stop after this degree... said something like "she would need an audible word from God" before I could continue :lol: :lol:

kareng Grand Master

I just can't imagine....

It is horrible. It makes no sense at all.

GottaSki Mentor

I just can't imagine....

Oh no...not again - CT - isn't Bunnie from there?

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

mushroom Proficient

I have the bestest wife ever. :wub:

However she would like me to stop after this degree... said something like "she would need an audible word from God" before I could continue :lol: :lol:

Yep. Methinks you have exhausted her patience :D

shadowicewolf Proficient

It is horrible. It makes no sense at all.

I just can't imagine. Why children? Why a k-4 school?

Those teachers are heros.

jerseyangel Proficient

The news is so sad--my heart goes out to the folks in CT :(

love2travel Mentor

Thought I should rip myself away from constant thoughts of wondrous food to focus on something else. I need a breather - my in-laws are coming for the weekend - not the happiest thought. :( But at least we'll have amazing eats! Oops - there I go again. ^_^

It is currently snowing AGAIN (we have about 2.5 feet of snow) but it has warmed up to a balmy -14C. Poor DH has to do the driveway for about the 20th time this winter (and that is not exaggerating). Wish I could do it but cannot physically manage. Sylvia? Irish? WHERE ARE YOU???

Peter, so sorry to read about Bob. However, you have a great outlook and attitude! :)

Jestgar Rising Star

l2t, come visiting. It's fortyish here (F) and clear.

ok, it's only clear for a couple more hours, then a solid week of rain is forecast, but still....

jerseyangel Proficient

We have a sunny day in the 50's here. Beautiful for December :)

love2travel Mentor

l2t, come visiting. It's fortyish here (F) and clear.

ok, it's only clear for a couple more hours, then a solid week of rain is forecast, but still....

I'm as good as there. Works out well for me this weekend - my husband can take care of his family while I'm at your house! :lol: Not only that but I LOVE rain. We have two seasons here - winter and construction. So, we don't get many rainy days. Just stupid old I mean lovely snow.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Just seen the news. Thoughts and prayers to the families. Dreadful tragedy.

Jestgar Rising Star

I'm as good as there. Works out well for me this weekend - my husband can take care of his family while I'm at your house! :lol: Not only that but I LOVE rain. We have two seasons here - winter and construction. So, we don't get many rainy days. Just stupid old I mean lovely snow.

Awesome! I'll tell the chickens to gear up the egg production. You do eat eggs.....don't you?

love2travel Mentor

Awesome! I'll tell the chickens to gear up the egg production. You do eat eggs.....don't you?

Yes - I LOVE eggs. How many can I expect to have each day? ^_^ We get out eggs from a local farmer and I would not have it any other way. If I could, I would raise a few chickens but alas - I live in the suburbs where that sort of thing isn't allowed. I grew up on a farm so was used to cows, chickens, sheep, pigs, horses, ducks, geese...

Jestgar Rising Star

Woot! You can have a rainbow of eggs! We have olive green, green, blue, pink, beige, light brown, dark brown, brown with speckles, some are chocolate brown, some ivory. No white, but I'm sure you'll get over it. :)

love2travel Mentor

No white, but I'm sure you'll get over it. :)

Sigh...I suppose... :rolleyes:

love2travel Mentor

I just can't imagine. Why children? Why a k-4 school?

Those teachers are heros.

Wow. I just read about this, too. This is absolutely horrific.