This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Brand Of Taco Seasoning Is gluten-free?

kathy1

kathy1 Contributor

I want to make nachos surpreme for dinner this saturday night. I usually season ground beef with a packet of Taco seasoning, place over the nachos, top with cheese and melt away!! Then I will add salsa, & sour cream, my family loves it. I make this when we sit down to for a game night at the kitchen table. good picking food, just not sure if I can make it since my husb was diagnosed wit celiac disease.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

skoki-mom Explorer

Old El Paso :)

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Old el paso taco sauces in the JARS are also msg free. The packets contain msg which is evil.

happygirl Collaborator

I use the McCormick's taco seasoning packets (I think the less sodium, regular, and mild are all gluten free). I used them before I was diagnosed, too!

We do "nacho night" at our house too, and love it! Enjoy!

sdore Enthusiast

Most Ortega products are gluten-free, including the hard shells and seasonings.

tarnalberry Community Regular

I'm a fan of Spice Hunter's Fajita Seasoning for things like that.

grantschoep Contributor
Most Ortega products are gluten-free, including the hard shells and seasonings.

I got a reply fro B&G a*Aug 31, 2005", they are the parent company of Ortega. They issue the following about Ortega( it says ORTEGA All Products, as it was in a big list of all the brands they sell)

ORTEGA All Products

Ortega has been following a strict labeling policy with regard to any allergens in our foods and incoming ingredients.

We have insisted that our suppliers notify us if gluten is used in any of their ingredients and yet is not declared on their labeling. Thus, we believe we have uncovered any potential use of gluten containing ingredients.

Therefore, any Ortega product is fully labeled for any presence of gluten or gluten containing ingredients.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Idahogirl Apprentice

I have been wondering about taco seasoning as well. I have a big container of McCormick (the kind you buy at Costco), but the ingredients label gets peeled off to reveal the instructions. So I don't even have ingredients to check. Is this the same as the packets? Has anyone else used this before? I don't want to waste it if I don't have to. It's half full!

Lisa

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Williams Taco and also chili seasonings are gluten free. Enjoy

-Jessica :rolleyes:

lovegrov Collaborator

I'd just call McCormick and ask them about the large container.

richard

watkinson Apprentice

Be careful with McCormick Taco packets. Last I checked MILD and HOT are both gluten-free but not the MEDIUM. Why?... Who knows!! :rolleyes:

Wendy

• 10 years later...
Asherin Newbie

You guys are all AMAZING! Thank you! I  was also wondering about the taco seasoning thing. It's so scary to be unsure about something because it's like playing Russian roulette with my health.

kareng Grand Master
19 minutes ago, Asherin said:

You guys are all AMAZING! Thank you! I  was also wondering about the taco seasoning thing. It's so scary to be unsure about something because it's like playing Russian roulette with my health.

These comments are 10 years old.  I know ingredients of taco or chili seasoning packets have changed in that time.  PLEASE do not go by 10 year old info.  Read the ingredients.  They list wheat very clearly if they add a bit of wheat flour as a thickener.

Archived