1 reply to this topic

#1 elsa

elsa

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:11 AM

I live in the Pittsburgh Pa area and it seems I can't find a doctor who knows the correct bloodwork for celiac's. I was given a partial screen and would like to know the total bloods panels needed. I gave them some abbrev.and they had no idea what they were..... I had an endo done and it came back neg. (biospies also) but another doc said I was a weak positive from the bloodwork he did but I know it was not complete.So now I have two doc's with different results.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2004 - 12:00 PM

Were you seeing a gastroenterologist or just your family physician? A GI specialty is needed in these cases, so make sure you can get in with one of those. As far as the biopsy being negative but the blood work being positive, that's pretty common, it just means your intestines thankfully haven't been damaged yet from your exposure to gluten. You may have caught this early on which is good. In your blood panel, I know the main things looked at are Igg, IgA, and Ttg. I know there are others but don't know their names. If your Igg is positive but the others are negative, that could indicate you don't have celiac disease but rather some other infection or problem or maybe nothing at all. If the others are positive, though, my understanding is they are pretty Celiac-specific. This is just my layman's point of view, though, based on all the research I've done and my conversations with doctors over the past year. Good luck getting in to see a doctor knows what's up with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: