#1 sizuku

sizuku

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 04:44 AM

Hello, I am new to this forum. ;)
I am a Japanese woman. I have been suffering from excessive gas.

I don' know my symptom is applied to celiac disease for sure, but since I looked at the list
of symptoms and the foods at some site, I have been thinking my symptoms have something to do with celiac disease though I do not have all the symptoms listed there.

Three to four hours after I eat something such as sugar, bread, bean, etc or when I take some medicine such as sedative, thyroid, the particular amino acid,
(strange to say, even no gluten supplement causes me such symptoms.)
I have bloating, excessive gas, a feeling of stiffness around the navel.

Whenever it happens, I cannot help lying on my stomach to exhaust it of gas because I feel choking.

Of course, I saw a doctor before, but, nothing was found by gastrointestinal examinations.( Not Yet Celiac Test ) Then, he did not refer to celiac disease.

Do you think my symptoms come from celiac disease?
I am looking forward your answers.

sizuku

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:37 AM

It's always possible, but it's also possible that it could be a dozen other things. You need to push your dr. for further testing. Don't give up until you have an answer and insist on a Celiac panel. Good luck.

#3 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:42 PM

Hi Sizuku,

It could be celiac disease, or something else. My first thought when you mentioned the foods that were aggrevating you was that you may have a yeast overgrowth in your intestines. This would be aggrevated by sugar, breads, and beans, as well as other things. The supplements/medicines you mentioned might also cause problems. The gas would cause painful bloating and the intestines might be so full of gas that they feel stiff to the touch. The large intestine runs across the belly at the location you mentioned. I would ask your doctor about this as well. Acidphilous supplements can help, as can other treatments. I would also check with the doctor about more testing. Excessive gas is not normal and is usually treatable.

Most doctors will not test you for celiac disease if gas is your primary symptoms, but since some people are symptoms free, yet they do have active celiac disease, it would be wise for them to test you.

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: