2 replies to this topic

#1 Mom22

Mom22

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:00 AM

Does anyone have any sugar cookie recipes or mixes that you have tried that were good? Our daughter is allergic to nuts and many of the mixes have almond or nut meal in them. I haven't had any luck. Also, do you have any suggestions for snacks or lunch items. She is 4 and I send her lunch with her to preschool. She is a bit picky and have been sending lunch meat and cheese wraps, hard-boiled eggs, gluten-free mac and cheese, but could use some more ideas.

Mom 2 2 celiac children

:D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LisaP

LisaP

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 06:19 AM

My kids love beanies and weanies. I just slice gluten-free hotdogs in Bush's beans and they love them. Have you tried gluten-free chicken nuggets? I make my own. Or just grilled chicken slices? My son loves to dip them in dressing or BBQ sauce. We also make homemade rice crispy treats and Jello Jigglers.

These are not the most nutritious choices, but they are competitive with what their gluten-free friends bring to preschool/school so they do not feel left out.

Lately, I have been trying some gluten-free muffin recipes from Betty Hagman and my preschooler is loving them. I made banana muffins and Teff flour muffins. What a hit! Both are in her Comfort Foods cookbook.

Good luck. I have recipes if you need any of these and I bet alot of them are on here.
Lisa

#3 dkmb

dkmb

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 07:11 AM

Looking for lunch ideas was one of the first things I looked for on this board. Have you tried the search section? I put in keyword lunch and looked under the parents etc. post section. There are some good ideas there.
Envirokids makes a snack bar that is made from their gluten free cereals. They can be found at Whole Foods and some mainstream stores like Ralphs which is an affiliate of Kroger.
Fruit Leather is good and easy to send to school. The brand we buy is Stretch Island, their organic variety and make sure that the ones we get list just the fruit such as the grape.
DK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: