4 replies to this topic

#1 DLayman

DLayman

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:11 AM

Have you heard about Donatos no dough pizza? I just emailed them to question whether the other ingredients would be gluten free..
If so and they make these pizza's with no crust. then cool we may be able to have pizza made for us!! This low carb craze is working out.. protien burgers are poping up at Burger Kings.. restraunts are offering low carb menu options that cut out breads etc.. so hey ride the wave!

I'll let you know if I get any more info..

Denise

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 12:45 PM

I have never heard of Donatos. Is this a chain? Where can you find them??
-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 cjherk

cjherk

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:16 AM

I feel very hesitant to try that pizza. I stop and think to myself that the crustless pizza is prepared in a "pizza shop." There is dough all over the place. i'm sure the counters, shelves, everything is tainted with flour and dough. I have had friends who worked in pizza shops, and i have seen them make pizza's. After using their ungloved hands to spread the dough out in the pan, they then would dip their hands in the cheese and toppings to put on the pizza. I bet your chances of contamination are pretty high with this one. Also on the topic of the Burger King Atkins burger, my husband brought me one home a few weeks back. I was so excited to eat something that was somewhat normal again. I ended up sicker than a dog later that evening. It left me wondering if that burger was previously on a bun before it landed in the plastic tub, or how else it could've been contaminated. I guess you just have to be there to literally supervise the person making the food.

#4 dustina

dustina

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:04 PM

Hey, here's some more info on this pizza. Donatos says it IS gluten-free, but there's a risk of contamination. So I guess it's a personal decision depending on how severe your reactions are and how risky those of us with few symptoms are willing to be... :unsure: Also, I included all the ingredients below b/c I'm kinda new to this so maybe there are some hidden no-no's I didn't recognize.

--FROM DONATOS--

The Soy base in our NoDough pizzas do not contain any gluten,
however, they will not be baked in separate ovens from those used to bake
our Original Thin and Traditional crusts. That being stated, depending on
the severity of the sensitivity to gluten we cannot guarantee that there
would be an absolute prevention of cross contamination and unfortunately
would suggest that individuals with high sensitivity to gluten not take any
unnecessary risks.

Soy Protein Crisp (Low fat IP Soy Flour, rice pieces, sunflower oil, sea salt)
Thin Pizza Sauce (Tomato paste, water, sugar, salt, citric acid, xanthan gum, aquaresin paprika, basil, ground basil.)
Traditional Pizza Sauce (Tomato puree (tomato paste, water), salt, sugar, garlic powder, citric acid, black pepper, basil, oregano, Xanthan gum, basil leaf.)
Shredded Provolone Cheese (Pasteurized reduced fat milk, cheese culture, salt, powdered cellulose, natural smoke flavoring, enzymes (microbial derived rennet, lipase))
Donatos Sliced Pepperoni (Pork, beef, salt, spices, dextrose, lactic acid starter culture, oleoresin of Paprika, flavorings, sodium nitrite, BHA, BHT, Citric acid)

#5 amber929

amber929

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:06 PM

We ordered the no dough pizza and it seemed to me like they just put topping on a plate and heated them up. I was not impressed at all! I got the veggie and it was over $5. Very disappointed with the whole experience! I ended up putting the toppings on a corn tortilla and rolled it up. I personally will NOT be eating there again. There is one more pizza place that is near us that we will try soon- Chicago's pizza is suppose to have gluten free pizza, I haven't confirmed it with them but if they do, I will try it soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: