This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Donatos No Dough Pizza

DLayman

DLayman Apprentice

Have you heard about Donatos no dough pizza? I just emailed them to question whether the other ingredients would be gluten free..

If so and they make these pizza's with no crust. then cool we may be able to have pizza made for us!! This low carb craze is working out.. protien burgers are poping up at Burger Kings.. restraunts are offering low carb menu options that cut out breads etc.. so hey ride the wave!

I'll let you know if I get any more info..

Denise

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

angel-jd1 Community Regular

I have never heard of Donatos. Is this a chain? Where can you find them??

-Jessica :rolleyes:

cjherk Newbie

I feel very hesitant to try that pizza. I stop and think to myself that the crustless pizza is prepared in a "pizza shop." There is dough all over the place. i'm sure the counters, shelves, everything is tainted with flour and dough. I have had friends who worked in pizza shops, and i have seen them make pizza's. After using their ungloved hands to spread the dough out in the pan, they then would dip their hands in the cheese and toppings to put on the pizza. I bet your chances of contamination are pretty high with this one. Also on the topic of the Burger King Atkins burger, my husband brought me one home a few weeks back. I was so excited to eat something that was somewhat normal again. I ended up sicker than a dog later that evening. It left me wondering if that burger was previously on a bun before it landed in the plastic tub, or how else it could've been contaminated. I guess you just have to be there to literally supervise the person making the food.

• 2 weeks later...
dustina Newbie

Hey, here's some more info on this pizza. Donatos says it IS gluten-free, but there's a risk of contamination. So I guess it's a personal decision depending on how severe your reactions are and how risky those of us with few symptoms are willing to be... :unsure: Also, I included all the ingredients below b/c I'm kinda new to this so maybe there are some hidden no-no's I didn't recognize.

--FROM DONATOS--

The Soy base in our NoDough pizzas do not contain any gluten,

however, they will not be baked in separate ovens from those used to bake

our Original Thin and Traditional crusts. That being stated, depending on

the severity of the sensitivity to gluten we cannot guarantee that there

would be an absolute prevention of cross contamination and unfortunately

would suggest that individuals with high sensitivity to gluten not take any

unnecessary risks.

Soy Protein Crisp (Low fat IP Soy Flour, rice pieces, sunflower oil, sea salt)

Thin Pizza Sauce (Tomato paste, water, sugar, salt, citric acid, xanthan gum, aquaresin paprika, basil, ground basil.)

Traditional Pizza Sauce (Tomato puree (tomato paste, water), salt, sugar, garlic powder, citric acid, black pepper, basil, oregano, Xanthan gum, basil leaf.)

Shredded Provolone Cheese (Pasteurized reduced fat milk, cheese culture, salt, powdered cellulose, natural smoke flavoring, enzymes (microbial derived rennet, lipase))

Donatos Sliced Pepperoni (Pork, beef, salt, spices, dextrose, lactic acid starter culture, oleoresin of Paprika, flavorings, sodium nitrite, BHA, BHT, Citric acid)

• 6 years later...
amber929 Newbie

We ordered the no dough pizza and it seemed to me like they just put topping on a plate and heated them up. I was not impressed at all! I got the veggie and it was over $5. Very disappointed with the whole experience! I ended up putting the toppings on a corn tortilla and rolled it up. I personally will NOT be eating there again. There is one more pizza place that is near us that we will try soon- Chicago's pizza is suppose to have gluten free pizza, I haven't confirmed it with them but if they do, I will try it soon.

Archived